PDA

View Full Version : Borderland 2 Special Edition Announced

Nozza XBA
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I think I may get this....

2K Games and Gearbox Software today announced two tiers of special limited editions for Borderlands 2 – the Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition and Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition.

Both editions will reward fans with a number of collectible and in-game bonus items that will enhance the action-packed experience of Borderlands 2.

The Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition (£64.99 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC) includes a copy of Borderlands 2; authentic Marcus Kincaid bobblehead; Inside the Vault: The Art & Design of Borderlands 2 hardbound book; collectable sticker set; map of Pandora; digital comic download code; and bonus downloadable in-game digital content.

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/BL2_CE_DeluxeVault-1024x721.jpg

The Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition (£99.99 on Xbox 360/PS3 or £74.99 on PC) includes all of those items, plus a collectable scaled replica of the red loot chests found throughout Pandora in Borderlands 2; steelbook case; Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID chart; lithograph postcard set; field notes from Sir Hammerlock; cloth map of Pandora; and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

http://www.shoptonews.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/BL2_LE_UltimateLootChest-1024x553.jpg

Both of the special editions will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows-based PC.

Gamers who pre-order the Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition, Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition or the standard edition of Borderlands 2 from participating retailers will also gain access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, allowing them to download the Gearbox Gun Pack, a Golden Key, the Vault Hunter’s Relic and an all-new fifth character class – the Mechromancer. The Gearbox Gun Pack is a collection of unique guns to help players begin their journey on Pandora.

The Golden Key is used to unlock a rare in-game item in the mysterious Golden Sanctuary Loot Chest found in Borderlands 2. The Vault Hunter’s Relic is an in-game item that boosts players’ gear-hunting fortune while playing solo or teaming up with friends. The Mechromancer character class will be available following launch when development of the character is complete and is free to those who pre-order Borderlands 2, and will be available for purchase for those who do not.

xKRAIZEEMANx
05-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Man, that looks awesome....Hmm *looks through wallet* I might be able to swing that.

Robot God
05-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Best collectors edition of the year.

Burnout x360a
05-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Holy shit at the loot chest replica!

iBuzz7S
05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
The Collectors Edition looks to be the winner for me, but that vending machine bobblehead box is hard to pass up.

Nozza XBA
05-17-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm getting the Ultimate Loot Chest without a doubt!

I cannot let that Chest and Vending Machine Box not be in my hands!

ChickinOnaChain
05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Nozza...while you're getting one, get one for me too. My b-day's in late August and this would be a great present!

Nozza XBA
05-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Nozza...while you're getting one, get one for me too. My b-day's in late August and this would be a great present!

Send me over your birthday money and I'll see what I can do ;)

WeemanNewYork
05-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know where to pre-order it?

koopakiller64
05-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm getting the Ultimate Loot Chest without a doubt!

I cannot let that Chest and Vending Machine Box not be in my hands!

Same here! I already missed out on some other collectors edition so I'm pre-ordering this ASAP. I wonder if that chest is just a box or opens the two panels coming out the sides.

Better pic to guess-timate the size of chest/ bobblehead.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17izlycscpsojjpg/original.jpg

Scotty
05-17-2012, 07:00 PM
contemplating getting one of these, but i don't know really. the price seems good and the stuff you get is awesome, but i will regret getting it having all that stuff to store/display. i just recently got the skyrim collectors edition and the dragon is huge and i've nowhere to put it. i'm seriously considering chucking it but seems a shame really. i dont want to buy this, then end up in the same situation.

still. its deffo one of the best ive seen. i might just get the smaller one.:)

Mister Buds
05-17-2012, 07:08 PM
here's my #1 question: does the loot chest open?

Scotty
05-17-2012, 07:30 PM
here's my #1 question: does the loot chest open?

i'm not sure, but i would have thought the loot chest was the main case for the game with everything else you get inside it. dont know though.

Grifter Reborn
05-17-2012, 07:53 PM
So this is out Sept. 18th. My b-day is the 19th. Hmmm. Haven't gotten anything special for my b-day in years. My wallet is gonna hate me for this, but I think I'm overdue for some indulgence. Looks like I get to be Fry for a day.

http://www.funnypictureblog.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/picture_small/fry-take-my-money.jpg

colt415
05-17-2012, 09:03 PM
This one looks bad ass and my brothers B-day is on the 13 might as well pick this one up for him.

Ensign Hugh Man
05-18-2012, 01:32 AM
I am all fucking over this. That loot chest is amazing and it looks pretty big.

SicklyPlague
05-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello Ultimate loot edition!

Also, hello late birthday present!

Kunduz
05-18-2012, 01:58 AM
have to buy

Ice Car
05-18-2012, 02:27 AM
I am all fucking over this. That chest is amazing and it looks pretty big.

Fixed. 10char

Yoishi
05-18-2012, 03:29 AM
So many special editions coming out for so many games, this one is on my list for sure!

Stiminal
05-18-2012, 05:13 AM
This better be available for pre-order in my country, otherwise it'll be time to campaign for an invasion!

13ip0lar
05-18-2012, 08:54 AM
I already got the game ordered for $40, now I have to buy the ultimate for what I believe is $150? It's not up on amazon yet, but I imagine shortly. I'll totally be buying it, I just don't know how I'm going to pay it off.

Edit - Here's a link for Amazon: Amazon.com: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition: Video Games

Looks like they rushed to put it up. I'd imagine it will be linked to the actual Borderland 2 page soon. I just ordered mine. $164 and change with tax. I hate tax. Use to be that I didn't have to pay it until a few years ago.

Filter x360a
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
I'll be getting one of these for sure! How could you pass up on that? It's just too awesome.

And for those wondering if it opens, check out these pics. Amazing!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg735/scaled.php?server=735&filename=ygyhw.jpg&res=tw1

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg875/scaled.php?server=875&filename=zeyae.jpg&res=tw1

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg739/scaled.php?tn=0&server=739&filename=3o1zn.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

LoKuS773
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Edit - Here's a link for Amazon: Amazon.com: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00841ZJYY/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk)

Looks like they rushed to put it up. I'd imagine it will be linked to the actual Borderland 2 page soon. I just ordered mine. $164 and change with tax. I hate tax. Use to be that I didn't have to pay it until a few years ago.

Nice find. Just pre-ordered!!!

zTiamaTz
05-18-2012, 05:15 PM
I've never bothered with any kind of 'ultimate' editions of games. The stuff they add is normally crap, and I just want to play the game. But seeing that loot chest, there is no doubt that I'm getting it.

Considering I've already got the regular edition paid off, another fifty bucks won't put that big a dent into things...

The Duke of Darkness
05-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Wow I may get it just so my dog can have the awesomest bed ever.

Mister Buds
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
thank you, filter.

13ip0lar
05-18-2012, 08:24 PM
I've never bothered with any kind of 'ultimate' editions of games. The stuff they add is normally crap, and I just want to play the game. But seeing that loot chest, there is no doubt that I'm getting it.

Considering I've already got the regular edition paid off, another fifty bucks won't put that big a dent into things...

Seeing as you're from the states I can assume you don't use the pound, so it's actually another $90. I just want to be clear that you can get the CE for $100 with the bobble-head, the loot chest version is $150... unless you get some sort of discount?

zTiamaTz
05-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Seeing as you're from the states I can assume you don't use the pound, so it's actually another $90. I just want to be clear that you can get the CE for $100 with the bobble-head, the loot chest version is $150... unless you get some sort of discount?

I misread it... There will be no loot chest getting. - lol - I should have known that was too good to be true.

DropDeadArtemus
05-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Gonna go throw my money at GameStop for the Loot Chest Edition as soon as I get the chance.

DarkCreations
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Anyone know if it's pre-orderable anywhere in the UK yet? like ShopTo, AmazonUK or Play?

DropDeadArtemus
05-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Went and pre-ordered mine from GameStop yesterday. I was almost broken-hearted because the girl behind the counter said she couldn't find it in the system. Then she told me she was looking under PS3 for it. Does this mean PS3 isn't getting this edition of the game because the deluxe edition is in the system for PS3/360, but the loot chest is only showing up for 360?

13ip0lar
05-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Went and pre-ordered mine from GameStop yesterday. I was almost broken-hearted because the girl behind the counter said she couldn't find it in the system. Then she told me she was looking under PS3 for it. Does this mean PS3 isn't getting this edition of the game because the deluxe edition is in the system for PS3/360, but the loot chest is only showing up for 360?

Doubtful, it's more likely it's just not in there system yet. It was only announced a few days ago. Hell, Amazon's page doesn't have there usual flash "select edition" button up. You have to go to a separate page to order it, which I was only able to find via the message boards.

DropDeadArtemus
05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Doubtful, it's more likely it's just not in there system yet. It was only announced a few days ago. Hell, Amazon's page doesn't have there usual flash "select edition" button up. You have to go to a separate page to order it, which I was only able to find via the message boards.

I checked GameStop's website yesterday and didn't see any sort of collector's edition on there. Today, both special editions for all 3 platforms(PC, 360, PS3) are all showing up.

Annihil88torr
05-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Looks awesome, i'll be picking one up for sure.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Borderlands-2/311482828929103

Nozza XBA
05-22-2012, 09:51 AM
I just did a check on the following 3 sites (UK) and these were the results.

ShopTo

Club Pre-Order Edition
Deluxe Vault Hunter Edition

Amazon

Standard game

GAME

Standard game

So at the moment it looks like none of them are stocking the Ultimate Loot Edition yet! If anyone does come across it, please let us know!

AK46 Guerriero
05-22-2012, 11:39 AM
After first seeing the Duke Nukem special edition and thinking it looked really awesome but then it turning into crap, am I the only one worried about the loot chest edition turning into crap as well?

fiber2501
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM
I cant wait needless to say ill send the money to get the ultimate loot chest edition!!!!!

Nozza XBA
05-22-2012, 02:16 PM
After first seeing the Duke Nukem special edition and thinking it looked really awesome but then it turning into crap, am I the only one worried about the loot chest edition turning into crap as well?

Nope. DNF was doomed to be crap, but Borderlands is straight up wub wub!

Metabolic XBA
05-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Does anyone know if the Bobblehead vending machine box is Gamestop exclusive? It's not in the picture for the Ultimate Loot Chest edition on amazon.com. That is something pretty important to know imo before pre-ordering.

DarkCreations
05-23-2012, 01:57 AM
I just did a check on the following 3 sites (UK) and these were the results.

ShopTo

Club Pre-Order Edition
Deluxe Vault Hunter Edition

Amazon

Standard game

GAME

Standard game

So at the moment it looks like none of them are stocking the Ultimate Loot Edition yet! If anyone does come across it, please let us know!

Play.com also have both the Standard and Deluxe Vault Hunter Editions :)

13ip0lar
05-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know if the Bobblehead vending machine box is Gamestop exclusive? It's not in the picture for the Ultimate Loot Chest edition on amazon.com. That is something pretty important to know imo before pre-ordering.

I was about to call you an idiot, then I actually checked the picture to find that it is conveniently absent from the picture. I'm going to ask a rep right now if their chest version is different from other retailers. I'll let you know what they say.

The pic in question for those wondering: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91h7dSq5roL._AA1500_.jpg

I just chatted with a rep and this is the only reply of value imo: "David, May be there must be an error with the image, but no need to worry, you will get all the items." I'm not overflowing with confidence, but at least I have it on record I voiced my concerns and provided examples, so if and when I do get screwed hopefully I can get refunded or some sort of compensation.

Another poster on the message boards over at Amazon said this: "most of those pictures gearbox released said: may not represent final product. meaning it should come with the vending machine box, this may have been an earlier image." but didn't provide a source, so take from that what you will.

Nozza XBA
05-23-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm going to cover a base here and pre-order, not purchase yet, the Deluxe Edition. I'm going to keep and eye on the main sites just in case the Loot Edition becomes available, but I want to be sure get one of the LEs.

Hopefully I'll get some good timing and nab the Loot one though!.

13ip0lar
05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm going to cover a base here and pre-order, not purchase yet, the Deluxe Edition. I'm going to keep and eye on the main sites just in case the Loot Edition becomes available, but I want to be sure get one of the LEs.

Hopefully I'll get some good timing and nab the Loot one though!.

Why risk it? As you've said it's preordering not actually purchasing. Places like Amazon don't charge you till it ships and you can cancel at anytime. I'm sure a lot of people thought they would do this with ME3 CE and they were sold out before you knew it. It's your money so do what you want, but I don't see the harm in preordering if you really want one.

Teh Phantomz
05-23-2012, 01:54 PM
I haven't been so excited for a Special edition since Reach, no Australian websites have the Chest but they do have the deluxe edition, hope they update soon :L

DarnedCargo
05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I really can not wait to play this game.

does anyone know where i can pre-order the super awesome loot chest edit in the uk?. I've had a check on alot of sites but none of them stock the loot chest edit.

Metabolic XBA
05-24-2012, 08:55 PM
I was about to call you an idiot, then I actually checked the picture to find that it is conveniently absent from the picture. I'm going to ask a rep right now if their chest version is different from other retailers. I'll let you know what they say.

Hey no worries, I thought I was being an idiot at first and kept checking other sites pictures. If Amazon had a nice little check list of included items like gamestop does it would be helpful. Thanks for checking into it though, much appreciated.

The Bum-Mobile
05-24-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm a bit of a sucker for all things
Halo
Max Payne
Metal Gear
Borderlands

Yeah, I pre-orderd my ultimate edition.

Nozza XBA
05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Why risk it? As you've said it's preordering not actually purchasing. Places like Amazon don't charge you till it ships and you can cancel at anytime. I'm sure a lot of people thought they would do this with ME3 CE and they were sold out before you knew it. It's your money so do what you want, but I don't see the harm in preordering if you really want one.

I'm not risking anything. You can pre-order at ShopTo and not pay until release or whenever you feel like it. So all I've done is put the Deluxe edition on my Pre-order list, so it shows ST that I want it and am guaranteed to get it come the games release.

If the Loot edition is then placed on the site, I'll cancel my pre-order at no charge and swap it out for the other. I can do this as much as I want for at no cost until release!

Komrade Vasilevsky
05-25-2012, 03:52 PM
[snip for space]
I just chatted with a rep and this is the only reply of value imo: "David, May be there must be an error with the image, but no need to worry, you will get all the items." I'm not overflowing with confidence, but at least I have it on record I voiced my concerns and provided examples, so if and when I do get screwed hopefully I can get refunded or some sort of compensation.

Another poster on the message boards over at Amazon said this: "most of those pictures gearbox released said: may not represent final product. meaning it should come with the vending machine box, this may have been an earlier image." but didn't provide a source, so take from that what you will.

They must have changed the picture because it's showing up now, for whatever it's worth.
Amazon.com: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition: Xbox 360: Video Games

13ip0lar
05-25-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm not risking anything. You can pre-order at ShopTo and not pay until release or whenever you feel like it. So all I've done is put the Deluxe edition on my Pre-order list, so it shows ST that I want it and am guaranteed to get it come the games release.

If the Loot edition is then placed on the site, I'll cancel my pre-order at no charge and swap it out for the other. I can do this as much as I want for at no cost until release!

Fair enough. I forgot you were in the UK and they haven't announced, or rather offered it over there yet.

They must have changed the picture because it's showing up now, for whatever it's worth.
Amazon.com: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition: Xbox 360: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Ultimate-Limited-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B00841ZJYY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337960983&sr=8-2)

They did. I don't know if that link of the pic I posted works anymore, but it was a direct link to the pic they were using.

DOOKH8R
05-25-2012, 11:49 PM
So does only Gamestop have bonus in-game content other than the Premire club? I think its called Slaughter dome or something to that effect

Tenreth
05-26-2012, 01:43 AM
So does only Gamestop have bonus in-game content other than the Premire club? I think its called Slaughter dome or something to that effect

It's early access. This DLC will be available for all players after one month or so.

13ip0lar
05-26-2012, 05:40 AM
It's early access. This DLC will be available for all players after one month or so.

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a GS only DLC also. Would be pretty ghay if it was.

DarkCreations
05-26-2012, 06:33 AM
GAME UK now has the Ultimate Loot Chest edition up for pre-order. I'm guessing people will need to be fast if it's the only UK supplier (according to Gearbox forums) so just got mine down for £99.99 :)

http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-2-ultimate-loot-pack-172272?pageSize=20&searchTerm=borderlands%202

Genesis x360a
05-26-2012, 06:40 AM

This is exactly what I've done with Shopto. I went from standard edition to premier club pre-order edition and now I've got the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered. I really hope Shopto.net get the Loot Chest in for purchase.

I don't really like getting my games from anywhere else. If turns out I have to the only other place I would consider is GAME/Gamestation.

13ip0lar
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM
GAME UK now has the Ultimate Loot Chest edition up for pre-order. I'm guessing people will need to be fast if it's the only UK supplier (according to Gearbox forums) so just got mine down for £99.99 :)

http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-2-ultimate-loot-pack-172272?pageSize=20&searchTerm=borderlands%202

I'm not from the UK but aren't these the same guys that took ME3 Collectors edition preorders and canceled them a month or so before release? Considering they were sold out everywhere I doubt the vast majority of people were able to find a replacement.

DarkCreations
05-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm not from the UK but aren't these the same guys that took ME3 Collectors edition preorders and canceled them a month or so before release? Considering they were sold out everywhere I doubt the vast majority of people were able to find a replacement.

Yea they were. I'm kinda worried it could happen again, but if GAME UK is the only supplier i have no choice because i want that Ultimate Loot Chest.

Sarsage
05-26-2012, 04:43 PM

Good find!

Nozza XBA
05-27-2012, 12:09 AM

Nice spot mate, I just ordered it.

This is exactly what I've done with Shopto. I went from standard edition to premier club pre-order edition and now I've got the Deluxe Edition pre-ordered. I really hope Shopto.net get the Loot Chest in for purchase.

I don't really like getting my games from anywhere else. If turns out I have to the only other place I would consider is GAME/Gamestation.

I did the same thing but ShopTo are taking way too long on this one and GAME now has it up and mentioned and linked above, so I went with game. I'm pretty sure ST will only knock about 10£ off of it, so it's no big lose.

If ST do stock it at some point and I can cancel my GAME order and get my money back, I'll be placing back with them. But for now I've ordered and paid for it and because I want it that bad and I dont want to miss out.

DarkCreations
05-27-2012, 12:34 AM
If ST do stock it at some point and I can cancel my GAME order and get my money back, I'll be placing back with them. But for now I've ordered and paid for it and because I want it that bad and I dont want to miss out.

I don't think anyone else is going to be stocking it.

Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition Retailers
(Listings May Not Yet Be Live)

United States
- GameStop
- Amazon.com
- Best Buy

UK
- GAME UK

Canada
- EBGames CA
- Amazon CA

France
- Micromania

Spain
- GAME ES
- XtraLifes.es

Sarsage
05-27-2012, 07:58 AM

I think it must be out of stock already because the page leads to an error and a quick search doesn't bring up the ultimate loot pack edition.

DarkCreations
05-27-2012, 03:52 PM
I think it must be out of stock already because the page leads to an error and a quick search doesn't bring up the ultimate loot pack edition.

I think they are :( Just checked the link, and searched "Borderlands 2" and there's no longer any results for the ultimate edition. Checked my orders and the order is still logged for me.

This was going to happen for a lot of people in the UK who desperately wanted the better edition. It's just a matter of pre-ordering first :(

xTenebrous
05-27-2012, 06:12 PM
I think they are :( Just checked the link, and searched "Borderlands 2" and there's no longer any results for the ultimate edition. Checked my orders and the order is still logged for me.

This was going to happen for a lot of people in the UK who desperately wanted the better edition. It's just a matter of pre-ordering first :(

I don't know if it means they've run out of stock or not, Diablo 3 went out of stock pretty much as soon as it hit the website but it's still listed, I don't know where it's gone but whatever the case, I'm sure glad I got my pre-order down, it's going to be like Christmas opening that bad boy up

Sarsage
05-27-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't know if it means they've run out of stock or not, Diablo 3 went out of stock pretty much as soon as it hit the website but it's still listed, I don't know where it's gone but whatever the case, I'm sure glad I got my pre-order down, it's going to be like Christmas opening that bad boy up

Lol, Roland used to say "It's like Christmas" when he opened a loot chest in the first Borderlands.

Nozza XBA
05-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Sold out already... Wow. Hopefully they'll stock more due to the demand but glad I got in their fast and preordered mine!

It's a good LE so hopefully everyone who wants one gets it, but to be fair the Deluxe isn't that bad of s buy!

Sarsage
05-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Sold out already... Wow. Hopefully they'll stock more due to the demand but glad I got in their fast and preordered mine!

It's a good LE so hopefully everyone who wants one gets it, but to be fair the Deluxe isn't that bad of s buy!

If the Deluxe edition had the Creatures of Pandora poster and the metal Vending machine I would of gotten that instead of the ultimate edition.

DarkCreations
05-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Been reading the gearbox forums, for people that may not have noticed, if you take a closer look at the section of the creatures of Pandora chart (available with the ULCE). That is one HUGE blue creature. :o

Nozza XBA
05-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Been reading the gearbox forums, for people that may not have noticed, if you take a closer look at the section of the creatures of Pandora chart (available with the ULCE). That is one HUGE blue creature. :o

Do you have a link to it or a full image of the chart?

I can just about see it, looks like a big anteater, but would be cool to see a better image.

DarkCreations
05-29-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.gearboxity.com/images/web/BL2_LE_UltimateLootChest_Full.jpg

This was pretty big for me. Biggest I could find too.

Nozza XBA
05-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Oh snap....

I'm really excited by the contents and especially what Certificate number I'll get!

13ip0lar
05-29-2012, 12:20 PM

Mmm, I like it when you talk dirty.

DarkCreations
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh snap....

I'm really excited by the contents and especially what Certificate number I'll get!

I'm gonna envy the person who gets number 1, that would be legendary to have.

Nozza XBA
05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm gonna envy the person who gets number 1, that would be legendary to have.

I'd frame, get it painted/designed like something out of BL and then put the certificate in it and hang it up in my hallway!

xTenebrous
05-29-2012, 03:55 PM

I'm fairly certain it's Crawmerax, there seems to be a smaller version of it right to the left as well so maybe that is what we went up against in BL1 and the poster simply implies that there is a far larger version out there, or a smaller one who knows. :P

Sarsage
05-29-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm fairly certain it's Crawmerax, there seems to be a smaller version of it right to the left as well so maybe that is what we went up against in BL1 and the poster simply implies that there is a far larger version out there, or a smaller one who knows. :P

Crawmerax had pincers, this thing doesn't :p. I hope it's not the final boss, because quite frankly it's not very creative and it looks like it will be a bitch too fight.

xTenebrous
05-30-2012, 12:07 AM
Crawmerax had pincers, this thing doesn't :p. I hope it's not the final boss, because quite frankly it's not very creative and it looks like it will be a bitch too fight.

It did, but the creature in the image is from the side, it looks like it has almost identical features to Crawmerax, antennas, a long lobster like body, the large parts at the front look like pincers from the side, it's quite difficult to tell but it looks like pincers to me, the only thing that says otherwise is that it doesn't have any spikes or anything but that could be a trait that was unique to Crawmerax itself, it's a chart of the creatures of Pandora, we all know Crawmerax was as big, possibly bigger than a Rakk Hive and its' a creature of Pandora so it must be Crawmerax, you might also notice Mothrakk is there too so chances are the larger creature is Crawmerax, or at least of the same species

Sarsage
05-30-2012, 07:27 AM
It did, but the creature in the image is from the side, it looks like it has almost identical features to Crawmerax, antennas, a long lobster like body, the large parts at the front look like pincers from the side, it's quite difficult to tell but it looks like pincers to me, the only thing that says otherwise is that it doesn't have any spikes or anything but that could be a trait that was unique to Crawmerax itself, it's a chart of the creatures of Pandora, we all know Crawmerax was as big, possibly bigger than a Rakk Hive and its' a creature of Pandora so it must be Crawmerax, you might also notice Mothrakk is there too so chances are the larger creature is Crawmerax, or at least of the same species

Also Crawmerax had legs under its tail and not two spiky legs like this creature has. It definitely isn't Crawmerax, but I agree it looks like a large craw worm hybrid. Also wasn't Crawmerax a mythical sea creature that came to land only because the sea's had dried up? How many mythical sea creatures can there be in Pandora.

xTenebrous
05-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Also Crawmerax had legs under its tail and not two spiky legs like this creature has. It definitely isn't Crawmerax, but I agree it looks like a large craw worm hybrid. Also wasn't Crawmerax a mythical sea creature that came to land only because the sea's had dried up? How many mythical sea creatures can there be in Pandora.

Crawmerax kill using glitch. Easy method - YouTube

At around 2:18 Crawmerax will rise into the air, raising the pincers and you can clearly see two sets of large legs.

If you look at the image, you can clearly see the shape of the pincers and if you look at the smaller version you can even see where they connect to the body, the creature in the image is most definitely Crawmerax.

Nozza XBA
05-30-2012, 10:11 AM
I personally don't think it's Crawmerax unless it's evolved in some way. Look at the THIS (http://www.gearboxity.com/images/web/BL2_LE_UltimateLootChest_Full.jpg) again, and compare him to the images I've put below. Though they do look similar, they have their differences.

http://images.wikia.com/borderlands/images/b/bf/Craw_banner.jpg

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu158/ninjaspycrab/BorderlandsCrawmeraxSolo.jpg?t=1267580288

xTenebrous
05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
I personally don't think it's Crawmerax unless it's evolved in some way. Look at the THIS (http://www.gearboxity.com/images/web/BL2_LE_UltimateLootChest_Full.jpg) again, and compare him to the images I've put below. Though they do look similar, they have their differences.

http://images.wikia.com/borderlands/images/b/bf/Craw_banner.jpg

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/uu158/ninjaspycrab/BorderlandsCrawmeraxSolo.jpg?t=1267580288

The second image is quite a bit into the fight, it's missing it's legs and pincers, the first image if anything proves it's Crawmerax, you can see the legs, you can see the antenna and you can see the parts connecting the pincers to the body, there is no denying that it's Crawmerax, as I've previously stated that's the only creature we know that is as big as a Rakk Hive and of all the creatures on the image none come close to the size required and the fact it has all the right features, I guarantee if the poster tells you what each creature is, that one will be Crawmerax, or at least of the same species.

Sarsage
05-30-2012, 05:33 PM
The second image is quite a bit into the fight, it's missing it's legs and pincers, the first image if anything proves it's Crawmerax, you can see the legs, you can see the antenna and you can see the parts connecting the pincers to the body, there is no denying that it's Crawmerax, as I've previously stated that's the only creature we know that is as big as a Rakk Hive and of all the creatures on the image none come close to the size required and the fact it has all the right features, I guarantee if the poster tells you what each creature is, that one will be Crawmerax, or at least of the same species.

It's definitely a large craw worm, but it isn't Crawmerax. Crawmerax had it's pincers at the side of it's body, it looks like the creature in the picture has a singular large pincer coming off it's face. We'll all see when the game comes out, but I bet it won't be Crawmerax. And you are also aware Gearbox will be creating new creatures for Borderlands 2 right?

xTenebrous
05-30-2012, 05:52 PM
It's definitely a large craw worm, but it isn't Crawmerax. Crawmerax had it's pincers at the side of it's body, it looks like the creature in the picture has a singular large pincer coming off it's face. We'll all see when the game comes out, but I bet it won't be Crawmerax. And you are also aware Gearbox will be creating new creatures for Borderlands 2 right?

Look at the picture, the larger of the two, you can clearly see the claws at the front, the exact same design it repeated on the second set of limbs, looks like a second set of claws to me, the smaller one doesn't appear the have the same feature though.

Yes I am aware, what kind of question is that?

TwinTipZ
05-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Shoot! I'll have to head to my local Gamestop today and try to pre-order this bad boy. I hope it isn't sold out

xTenebrous
05-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Shoot! I'll have to head to my local Gamestop today and try to pre-order this bad boy. I hope it isn't sold out

If it's anything like the UK then you'll be lucky XD

Sarsage
05-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Look at the picture, the larger of the two, you can clearly see the claws at the front, the exact same design it repeated on the second set of limbs, looks like a second set of claws to me, the smaller one doesn't appear the have the same feature though.

Yes I am aware, what kind of question is that?

Well the way you're talking it seems like you think that all the creatures from the first Borderlands must be on the poster for Borderlands 2, which isn't correct. It isn't Crawmerax, if you look closely you can see they have different features. If the poster says that it is Crawmerax, I owe you an apology, but until that day comes I'm sticking with common logic.

xTenebrous
05-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Well the way you're talking it seems like you think that all the creatures from the first Borderlands must be on the poster for Borderlands 2, which isn't correct. It isn't Crawmerax, if you look closely you can see they have different features. If the poster says that it is Crawmerax, I owe you an apology, but until that day comes I'm sticking with common logic.

Well I did say at least twice previously that if it's not Crawmerax then it's of the same species, every creature from the first game will be on the poster, it's kind of in the name "Pandora Creature ID Chart" and I have looked closely, they have identical features, the only problem is you can only see it from the side in the image.

13ip0lar
05-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Related because this thread has gone off the rails. Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne - YouTube

DOOKH8R
06-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Back on track...
Looks like this edition is no longer available on Amazon and gamestop.com. Also listed on bestbuy.com as sold out online.

13ip0lar
06-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Back on track...
Looks like this edition is no longer available on Amazon and gamestop.com. Also listed on bestbuy.com as sold out online.

I just checked and you're 100% correct. Makes me wish I bought more. I actually know a site that probably carries them where I was able to snag two extra ME3 CEs last minute.

Never mind. It seems they don't have them in stock, and looks like they never did. :S

DOOKH8R
06-01-2012, 03:58 AM
I just checked and you're 100% correct. Makes me wish I bought more. I actually know a site that probably carries them where I was able to snag two extra ME3 CEs last minute.

Never mind. It seems they don't have them in stock, and looks like they never did. :S

Sow how much profit did you end up turning on those ME3 CEs on ebay after fees, taxes and whatnot?

I ordered 1 Borderlands loot chest from amazon and 1 from gamestop. One to play and one to save with my giant stack of stuff I feel I need for some odd reason. I never sell anything.

Sarsage
06-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Back on track...

The thread never went off track, there was a discussion about the ultimate loot edition.

That's definitely it for pre-orders in the UK now. Yesterday the loot edition went back up on Game but it's off again now. I don't think there'll be back up again ever.

xTenebrous
06-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Glad they put the pre-orders up with GAME, too much stuff coming up for me to afford to pay right away but at least now I have my copy secured, all I have to do to hold onto £100 when I get it, my friend is annoyed he wont be able to get this, I'm glad he can't because he doesn't even like the game that much, all he wanted was another "cool collectors edition" on his shelf

DarkCreations
06-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Glad they put the pre-orders up with GAME, too much stuff coming up for me to afford to pay right away but at least now I have my copy secured, all I have to do to hold onto £100 when I get it, my friend is annoyed he wont be able to get this, I'm glad he can't because he doesn't even like the game that much, all he wanted was another "cool collectors edition" on his shelf

There's not too many games that i want this year anymore because most have been pushed back until 2013.

Which is why i'm stretching a bit more money on this awesome edition :) Well worth it nonetheless.

13ip0lar
06-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Sow how much profit did you end up turning on those ME3 CEs on ebay after fees, taxes and whatnot?

I ordered 1 Borderlands loot chest from amazon and 1 from gamestop. One to play and one to save with my giant stack of stuff I feel I need for some odd reason. I never sell anything.

Not a ton, but at the same time I didn't sell them right when I preordered. I was worried they might get canceled so I waited to post the auctions till I knew for sure. That was a bad idea. I was planning on finally get a new, but cheap computer, and thanks to me being a worry wart, that never happened. It pretty much paid for my own personal copy but that's about it. If I sold them in advance and just shipped them out weeks later when I got them, I'd likely be on a new comp and not this one I've had since BF2 (PC). :/

Keep in mind this was an $80 CE with not all that much "swag" that was selling for $150 on eBay. This is $150, but I doubt many people will probably pay over the $200 mark, but I could see $250 being a real possibility. We'll see though, I got one copy of the game coming in for $40 and the chest edition at $164 with tax, If I can make $100 pure profit I may just sell it, but I really want that fucking chest.

supadryz
06-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Ordered mine from GAME for £100, It will not be opened & will sell it straight away. As long as it sells for £200+ and I'm sure it will as very limited stock in UK.

domn8rdom
06-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I never buy any special edition. 60 bucks for a game is my max, but that chest is a must buy! too bad all the sites I looked are sold out :(

13ip0lar
06-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I never buy any special edition. 60 bucks for a game is my max, but that chest is a must buy! too bad all the sites I looked are sold out :(

Sucks bro. You might check or call goHastings.com. I checked earlier and didn't see any up, but they were the last to have up the ME3 CEs and one of the last to sell out.

koopakiller64
06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Randy Pitchford said that all the Ultimate Loot Chest Editions are pretty much sold out now. The Vault Hunter's Edition is still out there, but still pretty rare.

I'm pretty pissed that I missed out on the Super Edition. I went into Gamestop 3 days after it was announced and they said it wasn't added to the computer yet. I go in 3 days later and they said both editions are completely sold out! I was finally able to nab the Vault Hunter's edition today at Best Buy. However, they still had the Ultimate versions for the PS3 and PC, but I can do without the chest..

xJuicey Mooseyx
06-07-2012, 09:51 PM
cant wait for this game the first was amazing :woop:

Sarsage
06-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Edition back up on Game.co.uk. http://www.game.co.uk/en/borderlands-2-ultimate-loot-chest-172272

Nozza XBA
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh wow, nice spot Sarsage. I didn't think they'd restock but after the sales of the original lot, it kind of makes sense. They must of been holding some back to see the if they sold.

Go go go everyone! Now's your chance!

Sarsage
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh wow, nice spot Sarsage. I didn't think they'd restock but after the sales of the original lot, it kind of makes sense. They must of been holding some back to see the if they sold.

Go go go everyone! Now's your chance!

Yep, this is definitely got to be last chance saloon for the people that still want the special edition.

kracr
06-09-2012, 03:37 AM
So expensive...

may not be able to get Ultimate Edition...

I'll have to settle for the Delux...

REDEYEDTOFFEE 2
06-09-2012, 03:45 AM
That looks well good I was not planing on geting borderlands 2 but I may just have to reconsider.

Vigor
06-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Meh...............

ModernSith2010
06-11-2012, 01:32 AM
I thought my luck had run out when GAME put it back up after clearing through the bulk orders etc and I still weren't sure if I could justify it but then my mum said she would do it for Xmas went toorder it and it had gone. So friday went to GAME website to pre order halo 4 and the Vault hunter edition and the Loot chest was there so jumped for it straight away(although I will have a longer wait:( but at least I will get it), So I'm so happy right now.:drunk

ModernSith2010
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Really pissed off GAME UK cancelled my pre order of the ultimate loot chest without telling me why, why advertise you have it all day friday and most the day saturday and allow people to pre-order if you havn't got it, I've sent this meassge to them through customer contact form
" Seriously are you kidding, you would have thought after being in trouble you would keep you customers informed on why there pre-order has been cancelled instead of canceling it without any reason being stated!

Now if the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot chest was out of stock, why not state that when you canceled the order and why cancel Halo 4 aswell. Now also if it is out of stock why the hell did you advertise it all day friday and most of saturday, this is a rediculous idea how hard would it be to enter a system to allocate a set number before being displayed out of stock.

Now the only other reason I can see this being cancelled is that at the moment I have not got the full funds in my account, but why do I need to stick a extra £170 into my account now and just have it sitting there not making interest when the release date is not till the 21st september. Either way I should have been informed as to why my order was cancelled and not just cancelled with no explanation, if this is how you conduct your buisness to all custom, espeacially a long standing customer like me then no wonder you company was in trouble not to long ago. Please contact me regarding this as I am not happy and you are likly going to lose my custom and will be ordering Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 else where "

Nozza XBA
06-11-2012, 12:39 PM
That sucks but is uncalled for. This isn't the first time GAME have done something like this.

The thing is, I never use GAME or Play etc because of these issues and costs. I go straight onto ShopTo and get my stuff there first. One because it's a lot cheaper and two, because I get confirmation and a photo of my packaged product literally 5 minutes after I've placed my order.

If ST don't have it, onto Amazon. From there I work my way down the list! I simply don't trust other sites now other than the ST/Ama. Mainly because they charge way too much and screw you over.

ModernSith2010
06-11-2012, 12:42 PM
But no one else had the loot chest if I recall correct, well at least I only saw it at GAME

Nozza XBA
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
But no one else had the loot chest if I recall correct, well at least I only saw it at GAME

No, no one else did sadly. Is ST had it, it would of been about £10 cheaper as well!

MightyPeter
06-14-2012, 12:54 AM
I pre-ordered one Ultimate Loot chest today at my local Gamestop here in Sweden, and I was the 2nd person to get one...
Might go back tomorrow and get another one for my brother(or sell it) it's about 110€ here btw..

Onyok
06-16-2012, 11:30 AM
... GO for it!

Well, as for me, out of desperation I almost pulled the trigger on ordering @deepdiscount though I haven't dealt with 'em. Good thing last second i changed my mind, just decided to be happy with my Vault pre-order. And i was really glad i didn't proceed with it, that is, 5 minutes later searching the web for the company & reading numerous bad reviews about 'em! Gee, what a relief! LOL!

Though it would be really cool if somebody from Sweden would be kind enough to help out! :D

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/search.results?Ntk=primary&Ntt=borderlands+2&N=0

Metabolic XBA
06-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Although it does suck for people who missed out on the ULCE I am pretty happy that it appears to be an actual 'limited' edition rather than them banging out as many as the retail edition and slapping 'limited' on it to charge more.

Onyok
06-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Exactly, boss!

Too bad though for me this could've been my first ever 'Limited' edition game (in its strictest sense of the word limited) with an authenticity cert of sorts but i blew my chance! :( If i only knew they'd be sold out in like 4 hours I could have bloody done something radical!

Now to vent out onto something else! Getting the 25th Anniversary Collection of SF! *Clicked* Pre-ordered! LOL!

Fechdog
06-16-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm a huge fan of Borderlands, but in all honestly, is the ULCE really worth it? I did pre-order based on the fact that it might not come back in stock and since there are about 6 other games I want and I have a budget, should I downgrade to just limited or the game itself?

Metabolic XBA
06-16-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm a huge fan of Borderlands, but in all honestly, is the ULCE really worth it? I did pre-order based on the fact that it might not come back in stock and since there are about 6 other games I want and I have a budget, should I downgrade to just limited or the game itself?

Honestly, yeah I think it is. They seem to have really put an effort into offering physical collectable items when so many publishers are leaning towards downloadable filler, I'm looking at you Halo 4.

I think at $99 the deluxe set is definitely comparable, if not more value, than other sets at the same price point. Max Payne 3, Darksiders 2, Witcher 2 etc. In that it offers a mix of physical and digital items.

Where I think GB is making the ULCE worth it is by not just slapping everything into the loot chest and saying here ya go, which they probably could have done considering how much attention just the chest has garnered. Instead they added yet more physical collectable, and interesting, items. Like the steelbook, which some publishers throw out and call that in-and-of itself a special edition, the vanity items like the map/post cards and topping it off with some informative story based stuff like the creature chart and the field notes. On top of that making it an actual 'limited' edition complete with a numbered CoA, for me, makes it great value and probably the best collectors edition I have seen.

Fechdog
06-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks. Now you have me convinced to keep it.

Onyok
06-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Absolutely made the right one there, my friend! :drunk

ThousandLegs01
06-20-2012, 01:51 AM
those of us who live in the UK can still get the ultimate loot edition from http://www.amazon.fr/Borderlands-coffre-Trésor-édition-limitée/dp/B00871E1QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340156904&sr=8-1 all costs about £109

Toams07
06-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Is the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition really sold out?
'Casue it seems there's plenty sites where I can still pre-order it

Nozza XBA
06-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Is the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition really sold out?
'Casue it seems there's plenty sites where I can still pre-order it

Which ones? At one point all the main suppliers - ShopTo, GAME, Amazon, Play etc had none. GAME got another lot of stock in which has sold out again, but it seems Amazon has now grabbed a few from somewhere.

Seriously though, these will be limited to a certain amount because of the Certificate of Authenticity and it's number.

Toams07
06-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Which ones? At one point all the main suppliers - ShopTo, GAME, Amazon, Play etc had none. GAME got another lot of stock in which has sold out again, but it seems Amazon has now grabbed a few from somewhere.

Seriously though, these will be limited to a certain amount because of the Certificate of Authenticity and it's number.

Well since I'm Dutch, it's all Dutch sites as well. There's a site I use called budgetgaming which lists all shops that sell a certain game and at which price. When searching for ''borderlands 2'' and clicking the Ultimate Loot Edition I got this;
http://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-profile/borderlands+2+ultimate+loot+chest+limited+edition_ Xbox360.html

So that's six sites who all appear to have it in stock for €130 (which is around 105 pounds) but hearing it's sold out everywhere in the US I'm starting to doubt there's actually 6 sites left who all have it.

Nozza XBA
06-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Well since I'm Dutch, it's all Dutch sites as well. There's a site I use called budgetgaming which lists all shops that sell a certain game and at which price. When searching for ''borderlands 2'' and clicking the Ultimate Loot Edition I got this;
http://www.budgetgaming.nl/game-profile/borderlands+2+ultimate+loot+chest+limited+edition_ Xbox360.html

So that's six sites who all appear to have it in stock for €130 (which is around 105 pounds) but hearing it's sold out everywhere in the US I'm starting to doubt there's actually 6 sites left who all have it.

Yeah but you've stated they're all Dutch companies and sites. UK ones are all sold out, except for the new stock Amazon has got hold of.

Other countries maybe different.

Toams07
06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah but you've stated they're all Dutch companies and sites. UK ones are all sold out, except for the new stock Amazon has got hold of.

Other countries maybe different.

OK then, guess I'll pre-order then before it runs out of stock here

EDIT: does anyone know the exact size of the chest? If I pay so much for it, I want to make sure it's worth it

MightyPeter
06-23-2012, 07:44 PM
... GO for it!

Well, as for me, out of desperation I almost pulled the trigger on ordering @deepdiscount though I haven't dealt with 'em. Good thing last second i changed my mind, just decided to be happy with my Vault pre-order. And i was really glad i didn't proceed with it, that is, 5 minutes later searching the web for the company & reading numerous bad reviews about 'em! Gee, what a relief! LOL!

Though it would be really cool if somebody from Sweden would be kind enough to help out! :D

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/search.results?Ntk=primary&Ntt=borderlands+2&N=0

Weird, I used to order from them quite a lot a few years ago, got great deals on Gameboy Advance games, and it even slipped through the Swedish customs a few times without taxes...

I never had any problems at all with them, decent shipping time and not too expensive, but that's just my experience.

Although I seriously doubt they'll get the ULCE's but it's worth a try?

Onyok
06-28-2012, 10:07 PM
nah, i'm good with the Vault Hunter's... not unless, of course, you'd sell your ULCE (if you'd pre-ordered successfully) to me! :woop:

DOOKH8R
06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
EDIT: does anyone know the exact size of the chest? If I pay so much for it, I want to make sure it's worth it

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/flirt/grand/flirt-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-190.gif (http://gifsforum.com/listofgifs/gallery/flirt)

13ip0lar
07-01-2012, 04:24 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/flirt/grand/flirt-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-190.gif (http://gifsforum.com/listofgifs/gallery/flirt)

Who's the hottie? She looks familiar but I couldn't think up a name if I tried for an hour.

Metabolic XBA
07-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Who's the hottie? She looks familiar but I couldn't think up a name if I tried for an hour.

That would be Gina Carano...

http://princessfats.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/homer-drool1.jpg?w=470

That is all...

DarnedCargo
07-03-2012, 12:03 AM
If i buy one from ebay is there a good chance i wont be able to play it on a uk system?

DOOKH8R
07-03-2012, 12:20 AM
If i buy one from ebay is there a good chance i wont be able to play it on a uk system?

If you buy the PAL coded one, it will play.

Jet1337
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
If it was a crimson lance chest, then I'd have no objection to buying it. Not paying $150 for a cat bed.

xhunterrrr
07-07-2012, 07:53 PM
OK then, guess I'll pre-order then before it runs out of stock here

From the BL2 FAQ:

What is the Loot Chest in the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition made of? How big is it?
The Loot Chest is made of a high-quality hard plastic and at approximately 17.75 inches long by 7.25 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall (with the lid shut) is large enough to hold a dachshund (http://www.gearboxity.com/images/web/bl2_ulce_pancake.jpg) (click the link!).

DOOKH8R
07-08-2012, 08:46 AM
From the BL2 FAQ:

What is the Loot Chest in the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition made of? How big is it?
The Loot Chest is made of a high-quality hard plastic and at approximately 17.75 inches long by 7.25 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall (with the lid shut) is large enough to hold a dachshund (http://www.gearboxity.com/images/web/bl2_ulce_pancake.jpg) (click the link!).

That's awesome. I'm going to start using small dogs as units of measure.

Onyok
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Not sure if they're still accepting pre-orders for ULCE but yesterday I was able to snag one off play-asia site! Now, here's to hoping they'd not screw my pre-order from what i learnt gamestop did to their loyal buyers. Anyhow, mine's an online order unlike gamestop's fiasco they screwed a couple of their store customers in favor for their online customers... Still keeping my fingers x'd!

Heck! I couldn't care less if i get slapped by Customs exorbitant Duties/ taxes I must have that elusive ULCE! LOL! Another downside of ordering overseas is the long wait times about 5-10days from what i read on the web but I'm down with my last straw here so no better choice for me. :drunk though still cheaper than getting from ebay, I'd say...

xhunterrrr
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Not sure if they're still accepting pre-orders for ULCE but yesterday I was able to snag one off play-asia site! Now, here's to hoping they'd not screw my pre-order from what i learnt gamestop did to their loyal buyers. Anyhow, mine's an online order unlike gamestop's fiasco they screwed a couple of their store customers in favor for their online customers... Still keeping my fingers x'd!

Heck! I care less if i get slapped by Customs exorbitant Duties/ taxes I must have that elusive ULCE! LOL! Another downside of ordering overseas is the long wait times about 5-10days from what i read on the web but I'm down with my last straw here so no better choice for me. :drunk though still cheaper than getting from ebay, I'd say...

2k put out a list of official sellers. I don't think that store was on it. Thus, your pre-order will more than likely get cancelled. I'll try and find the list again.

EDIT:

Here is the list:

Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition Retailers
(Contact Retailer for Availability - Many Have Sold Out)

United States
- GameStop
- Amazon.com
- Best Buy

UK
- GAME UK

Australia / New Zealand
- EB Games AU

Benelux
- Bol.com
- Nedgame
- Bart Smit
- Player One
- Smartoys
- Game Mania
- Free Record Shop NL
- Free Record Shop BE
- Mediamarkt
- Intertoys
- FNAC
- 12game
- yourgamezone
- consoleshop
- ECI
- Dixons
- Twente
- Gameshop

Canada
- EBGames CA
- Amazon CA

France
- Amazon.fr
- FNAC
- Micromania
- GAME

Germany
- Amazon.de
- GamesOnly.at
- GameStop DE

Spain
- GameStop ES
- GAME ES
- XtraLifes.es
- FNAC ES

From what I have heard of places not on the list in the US. They have been taking pre-orders in case they do actually get some, but most places have cancelled many of the pre-orders.

Onyok
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks. I'm aware of such but don't worry I already emailed 'em just to set the expectation(s) right at the start! LOL!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

...several hours later,

Yay or Nay?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1016/emailconfirmationonulce.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/emailconfirmationonulce.jpg/)

Ember of hope. Seems like we've forgotten there's this part of the world called Asia where there's also gamers out there like us who wouldn't want to be left out. Good thing I've kept that in mind. LOL!

Onyok
07-12-2012, 03:40 PM
... most arguably, the link below is a reinforcement to that email Cristyl sent couple days back which confirms my pre-order's a success!

http://www.play-asia.com/Borderlands_2_Ultimate_Loot_Chest_Limited_Edition/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-502t.html

there's this such annotation saying, "This is a product with limited availability and our allocations have been presold. If you have preordered this item, your order has usually been confirmed. If you plan to purchase this item, please check back on the item's release date for possible restock".

I've posted recently to one of the ULCE-related threads here saying PS3 Asian version is still up for grabs. Lo & behold! It's still available @play-asia as I'm typing this now! Since you can still "add to cart" if you're trying to buy that said version!

So, what are you waiting for! :drunk *chuckles in delight*

JASEL84
07-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Uuuu sweet nice bobblehead like from fallout 3 niiiiccccceeee

MightyPeter
07-12-2012, 07:23 PM
... most arguably, the link below is a reinforcement to that email Cristyl sent couple days back which confirms my pre-order's a success!
So, what are you waiting for! :drunk *chuckles in delight*

That sure looks like a Yay to me, great news!

My scalping-scheme fell through though, the day after I had made my pre-order of the ULCE at my local Gamestop, they were sold out and I couldn't buy 3 more... :(

Almost glad it did though, I would've felt sort of guilty making money off something as awesome as this!

Onyok
07-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks, Peter! Still keeping my fingers x'd! Nothing's sure until it'd arrive at my doorsteps sometime late September. The wait's killing me so much cuz for sure all of you who got it from the Big 3s would have it on release day!

Just spreading the news so others who'd still want to get theirs stand a chance in this dog-eat-dog world of gaming. LOL!

So, you've snagged yours as well, right?

StayonTarget
07-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Does anyone know if the Deluxe Vault Hunter Edition will have a steel book game case? I really hope it does.

Sarsage
07-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know if the Deluxe Vault Hunter Edition will have a steel book game case? I really hope it does.

There is no steel book case on the picture so I guess that's a no.

MightyPeter
07-13-2012, 11:50 AM

I sure hope so, was late on the train though, but since I live near the Polar-circle, my Gamestop had only sold one ULCE by then, so I quickly paid one off and it went through without a hitch...
I hoped that they would get more later on, since a relative is working in Australia and couldn't get one, but at least I'll get to make him jealous with mine...

Also, read about the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console this morning, as always it's going to be the wallet that takes the hit :eek:
(and probably me too, when my GF finds out how expensive everything really was)

Onyok
07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I sure hope so, was late on the train though, but since I live near the Polar-circle, my Gamestop had only sold one ULCE by then, so I quickly paid one off and it went through without a hitch...
I hoped that they would get more later on, since a relative is working in Australia and couldn't get one, but at least I'll get to make him jealous with mine...

Also, read about the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console this morning, as always it's going to be the wallet that takes the hit :eek:
(and probably me too, when my GF finds out how expensive everything really was)

Lucky those who've got fat wallet! I haven't saved up for that one yet! This hobby of ours is getting too expensive!

Wait let me check on that console first.

xhunterrrr
07-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks, Peter! Still keeping my fingers x'd! Nothing's sure until it'd arrive at my doorsteps sometime late September. The wait's killing me so much cuz for sure all of you who got it from the Big 3s would have it on release day!

Just spreading the news so others who'd still want to get theirs stand a chance in this dog-eat-dog world of gaming. LOL!

I would still be cautiously optimistic. I've seen discussions about people's orders on sites not listed by 2k that were confirmed pre-orders only to have them recently cancelled once the companies found out that they definitely would not be getting any.

Also, Randy of 2k said that these ALL SOLD OUT with a couple days of being released for pre-orders. I just don't see this one website still having some left.

Not trying to shoot you down, I would just trust 2k and the official list of retailers they put out (seeing as how they are distributing the EXTREMELY limited number of these).

MightyPeter
07-13-2012, 04:04 PM
I would still be cautiously optimistic. I've seen discussions about people's orders on sites not listed by 2k that were confirmed pre-orders only to have them recently cancelled once the companies found out that they definitely would not be getting any.

Also, Randy of 2k said that these ALL SOLD OUT with a couple days of being released for pre-orders. I just don't see this one website still having some left.

Not trying to shoot you down, I would just trust 2k and the official list of retailers they put out (seeing as how they are distributing the EXTREMELY limited number of these).

*I guess you were replying to the other poster, I'm having a blonde moment*

Well, it was a Gamestop and since I live in a fairly small town in the north of Sweden, I should be good, still going down there tomorrow to check about the Halo 4 Console, gonna have them check my ULCE pre-order again just to be safe...

chanman
07-13-2012, 11:10 PM

Heck! I care less if i get slapped by Customs exorbitant Duties/ taxes I must have that elusive ULCE! LOL! Another downside of ordering overseas is the long wait times about 5-10days from what i read on the web but I'm down with my last straw here so no better choice for me. :drunk though still cheaper than getting from ebay, I'd say...

I ended up getting the PS3 version of the ULCE from PlayAsia. I'd prefer the 360 version, but I'll settle for the PS3 version. Thanks for the FYI about PlayAsia still having some ULCE.

Onyok
07-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Just sharing some love of Borderlands, mate! Glad you got yours already! That's not bad at all but if you've got some extra cash at hand you could heed my advice here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=378476)!

I've been closely monitoring this since June, so once play-asia opened their pre-orders 2-3 weeks ago even just the Xbox Asian version I grabbed the opportunity to snag my ULCE! Never took the chance of waiting for the US version to be offered. Learned from my mistakes with the Big 3, swear never to do it again. LOL!

But good news the PS3 Asian is still up for grabs! Hurry, guys! LoL!

StayonTarget
07-14-2012, 08:07 AM
There is no steel book case on the picture so I guess that's a no.

A good portion of the special edition game boxes have a plastic sleeve over it, which it could very well have.

catowl
07-14-2012, 05:03 PM
This looks Amazing

mcfc360
07-19-2012, 11:32 AM
If you buy the vault hunter edition does that give you access to the premier club and golden key etc or is that only available if you pre order.

Nozza XBA
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
If you buy the vault hunter edition does that give you access to the premier club and golden key etc or is that only available if you pre order.

You have to Pre-order the Vault Edition to get access to the Premium Edition content. I'm not use if you buy it, you'll also be able to obtain it.

From ShopTo;

Borderlands 2: Deluxe Vault Hunters Collectors Edition

Pre-Order Now for access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club*

Though GAME says this for the Vault Edition;

Preorder Bonus: Creature Slaughter Dome!

Preorder Borderlands 2 and you will receive access to the Creature Slaughter Dome.

http://img.game.co.uk/_images/widgets/game_Borderlands2.jpg

xhunterrrr
07-19-2012, 01:48 PM
You get the Premier Club content with any pre-order. You get the Creature Slaughter Dome with any pre-order from GameStop or GAME.

Graivul
07-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Loot Chest Edition for me definitely, that thing looks awesome, great set!

Nozza XBA
07-27-2012, 04:23 PM

Because I remembered this dibate about whether this was Crawmerax or not, I think this achievement ends it here.

Thresher Thrashed
Defeated Terramorphous the Invincible

His name is Terramorphous, so it's not Crawmerax, which I think most of said it wasn't to begin with.

Jack Frost
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like this game has a lot of bonuses for those who pre-order the game?

I am so glad I paid off my Loot Chest, too, now that they're gone. I was on the fence since I normally don't buy collector's editions, but that goddamn loot chest - I hadda have that!

xTenebrous
07-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Because I remembered this dibate about whether this was Crawmerax or not, I think this achievement ends it here.

His name is Terramorphous, so it's not Crawmerax, which I think most of said it wasn't to begin with.

Terramorphous, based on the achievement name alone, is a Thresher, the creature in the poster is clearly a Craw Worm, not a Thresher

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Thresher

Veedrock
07-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Look at all that disc-locked content.

Lapazi
07-29-2012, 06:24 AM
yes so good

OgorekRulez
07-30-2012, 07:38 AM
I actually got a loot chest preordered and a standard haha the girlfriend needs a copy! And to add to the crawmerax thing, can we just agree that they all have to die and rain loot upon us!

Nozza XBA
07-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Can anyone confirm or give an idea of when GAME will take my money for the Loot Edition I've pre-ordered with them?

I've never brought anything off their online store. I mean I'd like to pay for it tomorrow, but when I review my order, I can't see any links letting me pay for it now!

The Duke of Darkness
07-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Can anyone confirm or give an idea of when GAME will take my money for the Loot Edition I've pre-ordered with them?

I've never brought anything off their online store. I mean I'd like to pay for it tomorrow, but when I review my order, I can't see any links letting me pay for it now!

They charge you when they ship it.

Nozza XBA
07-30-2012, 09:49 AM
They charge you when they ship it.

Well that sucks!

Thanks!

DarkCreations
07-30-2012, 05:26 PM

You'll get charged 2-7 days before release, depending on the popularity of the title. At the latest it'll be when they ship it. Quite suprised this is your first GAME online buy mate :P I've got both Borderlands ULCE and Darksiders waiting for my money.

Nozza XBA
07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
You'll get charged 2-7 days before release, depending on the popularity of the title. At the latest it'll be when they ship it. Quite suprised this is your first GAME online buy mate :P I've got both Borderlands ULCE and Darksiders waiting for my money.

GAME are crap that's why and past/present things prove it. Orders being cancelled, games turning up weeks late and being charged at a later date.

I use ShopTo. Cheaper games by at least £10, game is always on time and normally a day early plus you can pay whenever you like or leave it to charge you automatically on release.

I'm only using GAME now because no one else is stocking this LE. I've used ST for over a year now and have brought over 20 games from them and I've not had one issue plus I get bonus stuff like shirts for no extra cost. Whereas GAME have had a few bad track records and have also gone into administration, so... Yeah that's why it's my first and hopefully only! Used to buy in-store GAME or Amazon until ST came along.

xTenebrous
07-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Never really got the hate towards GAME, although I've never had any problems with them and I've been shopping with them for years, although I tend to try shop at shopto now if I can help it.

I imagine the payment will either be taken a week before the game comes out or they'll process the order a week early and take the payment when it's ready to ship

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Forgot to pre-order at Gamestop for $150.00

Just bought it [The Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition] on Amazon for $506.00 with shipping included. Hope it is worth it.

DOOKH8R
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM

Just bought it [The Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition] on Amazon for $506.00 with shipping included. Hope it is worth it.

Wow-that is a severe mark-up. Surely that price would drop upon release. I am tempted to put mine up for sale at that price.

xhunterrrr
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM

Be careful. Could be someone trying to scam you out of hundreds of dollars. Especially since it doesn't come out until September.

FWIW, I don't think it is worth $500.

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Be careful. Could be someone trying to scam you out of hundreds of dollars. Especially since it doesn't come out until September.

FWIW, I don't think it is worth $500.

The sellers ship date is -- Delivery Estimate: Thursday September 20, 2012 - Wednesday September 26, 2012.

Looks legit, seller has 100% positive feedback. Ebay and a few sellers on Amazon are selling around this price. Since there is a # certificate included, I don't think they will produce anymore of this particular edition.

"Amazon: 4 new from $480.00"

SkullsRevenge
07-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I want to get this. It looks awesome. But dont know if theres enogh in the wallet.

xhunterrrr
07-30-2012, 08:31 PM
The sellers ship date is -- Delivery Estimate: Thursday September 20, 2012 - Wednesday September 26, 2012.

Looks legit, seller has 100% positive feedback. Ebay and a few sellers on Amazon are selling around this price. Since there is a # certificate included, I don't think they will produce anymore of this particular edition.

"Amazon: 4 new from $480.00"

Doesn't mean you can't get screwed over. Also, eBay is removing the auctions as they can't be listed before you are within 30 days of the release date (you can't list things that will take over 30 days to ship as you will be out of eBay buyer protection).

Nozza XBA
07-30-2012, 08:35 PM

You got a bargain there with the shipping included...

Seriously, the LE isn't worth that much. As much I want it, and got it for $400 cheaper, I would never pay that much for something. I mean, I have the money to do that, but that $400 could go on so much more and something better.

Wow-that is a severe mark-up. Surely that price would drop upon release. I am tempted to put mine up for sale at that price.

Well above is your proof that people will pay anything to it, so I would! If I'd got hold of two copies, mine would be straight up because the profit is nice!

Jack Frost
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
$506?!

Holy shit, I deliberated for a couple of weeks before spending the initial $150 as I usually don't buy collector's editions (I so want that damned loot chest replica, tho').

I think if I had to make the choice you did, I'd get the $60 version. ;)

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-30-2012, 10:03 PM
$506?!

Holy shit, I deliberated for a couple of weeks before spending the initial $150 as I usually don't buy collector's editions (I so want that damned loot chest replica, tho').

I think if I had to make the choice you did, I'd get the $60 version. ;)

$506.98 to be exact. I have money, $500 is around $100 for me. I am not bothered, I just wanted this before they are hard to find, digital DLC and everything.

Plus I am helping the US economy out, helping all of you out as well. LONG LIVE THE USA!!!

xhunterrrr
07-30-2012, 10:20 PM
$506.98 to be exact. I have money, $500 is around $100 for me. I am not bothered, I just wanted this before they are hard to find, digital DLC and everything.

Plus I am helping the US economy out, helping all of you out as well. LONG LIVE THE USA!!!

If you have so much extra money, can I have some?

Also, $500 is $500.

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-30-2012, 11:13 PM
If you have so much extra money, can I have some?

Also, $500 is $500.

Yes, $500 is $500. If you really want one, send me your address.

Here is what I gathered so far from the interwebs [some borderlands forum I stumbled on]:

""There are no plans for a second run of the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition. Production of the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition is a limited run, and as much as we'd like to keep making them post-release, there are several holdups there -- most notably, the fact that producing any more beyond the initial run would be a violation of the Limited Edition Premise"
'This will be the most LIMITED version of a game we have ever done'

xhunterrrr
07-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Yes, $500 is $500. If you really want one, send me your address.

Here is what I gathered so far from the interwebs [some borderlands forum I stumbled on]:

""There are no plans for a second run of the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition. Production of the Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition is a limited run, and as much as we'd like to keep making them post-release, there are several holdups there -- most notably, the fact that producing any more beyond the initial run would be a violation of the Limited Edition Premise"
'This will be the most LIMITED version of a game we have ever done'

I pre-ordered mine May 17, the day it was announced, for $150. I meant can I just have some money since you have no problem throwing it away.

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I pre-ordered mine May 17, the day it was announced, for $150. I meant can I just have some money since you have no problem throwing it away.

Send me your paypal address via private message.

xhunterrrr
07-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Send me your paypal address via private message.

Good thing you can't really steal using JUST a Paypal email. :rolleyes:

SIMPLYMIDGET
07-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Good thing you can't really steal using JUST a Paypal email. :rolleyes:

Huh?...lol I was gonna send you $6.66 !!! :)

Louchy19
08-02-2012, 09:04 AM
My god this has to be one of the collectors edition for a game, that's saying something as i never tend to go for them as the content is well never any good but my this is value for money, pre-order ....

xhunterrrr
08-02-2012, 02:49 PM
My god this has to be one of the collectors edition for a game, that's saying something as i never tend to go for them as the content is well never any good but my this is value for money, pre-order ....

What...? That made no sense.

Onyok
09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
S'up, guys? Hey, chanman! :woop: Did your pre-order already ship? Mine just this morning! While I got a regular edition since its midnight launch just to get things started, so anxious to get my grubby hands on my ULCE!

Just a heads up for people that may have missed it. Fry's electronics has copies of the ULCE for the xbox 360 for sale right now on their site. I'm sure they won't last long!

Oh, and yes! They do have them even albeit they are not on the "official" list here on the forum. If you missed out and still need a 360 copy—hurry up and grab one before they're absolutely gone! :drunk

Toying with the idea, why not get another one for my glass display which i would leave unopened & in its pristine condition! Nah, I might just go & grab a care package instead! :woop:

Again, see y'all in Pandora!

Throwing in the link for easy access: http://www.frys.com/product/7190922;jsessionid=ICLHtwoWtqTMrcSQmOhLfQ__.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Your welcome! LOL!