PDA

View Full Version : To confirm for everyone, NYM Hardcore:

Mr Magic
05-18-2012, 05:14 PM
This is to confirm for everyone that you have to complete the entire game without dying. It is not just each level.

Max Payne 3 NYM Hardcore - YouTube

JuSt BLaZe
05-18-2012, 05:17 PM
This is to confirm for everyone that you have to complete the entire game without dying. It is not just each level.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIEDFAIRCg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me, can't be. PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad:

uhKillswitch
05-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me, can't be. PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad:

Agreed. But still finally proof on this achievement.
Could you actually test as well if quitting out after finishing a chapter resets you back to chapter 1.
I would try it myself but I haven't unlocked NYM HC yet.

ll X ll
05-18-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0hjSaYCRnA&feature=related

That's my reaction. Boy, this will take a while to do, lol, will definetly leave it for the last.

Mr Magic
05-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Maybe i'll test it later but im pretty sure it would start you back at Chapter 1. The main difference I can see is that there is no menu at all for NYM Hardcore. In the regular NYM there is a menu for selecting chapter, outfit, and aim settings. In hardcore you press start and instantly load into chapter 1, after that you load right into chapter 2 there is no menu down time.

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Its worth 10G.... So im not even going to bother.

BloodGodAlucard
05-18-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. Now I can officially say Fuck the 1000 on this game. I was already planning on not going for it since I have no desire to play through the game 5 times. But this makes that decision even more set in stone.

In a way it feels great. Like a load off my mind. Now I can focus on just playing the game for fun and not stressing over the thought of doing this. It's actually a good thing to do this from time to time. (Just play for fun and not worry about completion.)

It's a lot better to have that mindset than to go for it and fail. That just feels terrible in my opinion. Like Dead Space 2. I have every achievement in that game except the one for beating Hard Core with only 3 saves. I nearly got it, but eventually gave up. I just don't think I should stress out so much over something that is supposed to be a way to relax and have fun.

Sorry for the random monologue. I was just rambling. :p Good luck to anyone that 1000's this game. I respect your considerable gaming skills. :)

ColdSpider72
05-18-2012, 05:33 PM
I am almost willing to bet money that someone will come in this thread and STILL demand more proof.

ll X ll
05-18-2012, 05:39 PM
oh well, this will probably be a 990G game for quite a while, may give NYM hardcore a go in the summer until i finish it or maybe R* will see how ridiculous this is and patch it.

I appreciate hard and challenging achievements (Trails evolution) but not bullshit achievements like this. Thankfully, i don't care about achievements so it's great for me either way!

ll X ll
05-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Also, either Bio187 or R* were trolling, lol.

XxReapaxX
05-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't mind this achievement so much if you got a checkpoint at the halfway point of the game. The biggest issue with an achievement like this is not only is skill a factor but so is being lucky enough to not have the game freeze or suffer a power outage randomly, or just plain encounter a glitch that makes you start over.

HabsCen10ial
05-18-2012, 06:05 PM
This has to be an error on Rockstars part. Why would they only make this achievement 10G? It makes no sense.

tripleb2k
05-18-2012, 06:07 PM
990/1000 for lots of us than! :P
Imagine dying in the last chapter... I'll save myself the trouble of breaking a control and skip that achievement.

Masta Mylez
05-18-2012, 06:11 PM
oh well, this will probably be a 990G game for quite a while, may give NYM hardcore a go in the summer until i finish it or maybe R* will see how ridiculous this is and patch it.

I appreciate hard and challenging achievements (Trails evolution) but not bullshit achievements like this. Thankfully, i don't care about achievements so it's great for me either way!
So its a bullshit achievement because it's hard to obtain, those are the achievements I like, something challenging that only a dedicated few will get. They are just computer generated numbers created by M$ and this so called gamerscore that so many gamers obsese over mean nothing in the real world. Are you going to put your gamerscore on your resume when you go looking for a job or use your gamerscore as a pick up line, HELL NO.
Some times I long for the days when there was no achievements and people played games for fun.

JuSt BLaZe
05-18-2012, 06:15 PM
This has to be an error on Rockstars part. Why would they only make this achievement 10G? It makes no sense.

I swear that's exactly what I'm thinking. It should rather look like this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/-4mxPg==.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/achievement/66639-A-New-York-Minute.html) A New York Minute - 10 :gsicon:
Finish In A New York Minute

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/-Ddc-w==.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/achievement/66640-The-Shadows-Rushed-Me.html) The Shadows Rushed Me - 100 :gsicon:
Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore

ll X ll
05-18-2012, 06:21 PM
So its a bullshit achievement because it's hard to obtain, those are the achievements I like, something challenging that only a dedicated few will get. They are just computer generated numbers.
So times I long for the days when there was no achievements and people played games for fun.

It's not that it's hard to obtain, it's just bullshit. Not only you have to be skilled (we are talking timing and not dying also) but you have to be so lucky not to get glitched or the power cuts off on your home accidently or hiding for too long till the time finishes.etc especially with the A.I being aggressive and coming out in packs of 5's & 10's

Give me something challenging to obtain but for crying out loud make it a logical challenging achievement. Hell, the Dead Space 2 hardcore one is a logical achievement, it gave you the option to save only 3 times but if you die you return to the last time you saved, this i can understand and appreciate.

But yeah, i enjoy the game for what it is and not for it's achievements so it's fine by me that they did this bullshit non-logical achievement. However, what i meant is that i appreciate a challenging but logical and fair achievement (Ninja Gaiden 2 cheevos come to mind)

ll Mr Bubbles ll
05-18-2012, 06:24 PM
are there checkpoints? so you dont have to do it all in one sitting.

XxReapaxX
05-18-2012, 06:47 PM
It's not that it's hard to obtain, it's just bullshit. Not only you have to be skilled (we are talking timing and not dying also) but you have to be so lucky not to get glitched or the power cuts off on your home accidently or hiding for too long till the time finishes.etc especially with the A.I being aggressive and coming out in packs of 5's & 10's

Give me something challenging to obtain but for crying out loud make it a logical challenging achievement. Hell, the Dead Space 2 hardcore one is a logical achievement, it gave you the option to save only 3 times but if you die you return to the last time you saved, this i can understand and appreciate.)

This is exactly the way I feel. Just last night when I was playing normal NYM mode my game got stuck on the loading screen in chapter 12. Now had that been NYM HC that would of been hours wasted due to a fault of the game, not me. I stopped striving for completions a while ago so its not a big deal for me to not ever get this, but all devs need to take things besides skill into consideration when making crazy achievements like this.

WickedD365
05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
I think R* did this on purpose and made the achievement so small that we won't bitch to much about it because they know it's almost impossible. That and so the one's that can actually do it have the bragging right for it.

JuSt BLaZe
05-18-2012, 06:59 PM
I think R* did this on purpose and made the achievement so small that we won't bitch to much about it because they know it's almost impossible. That and so the one's that can actually do it have the bragging right for it.

Yeah but it's a BITCH ENOUGH to get stuck at 990 :gsicon: because of such a stupid idea.

ponypo2001
05-18-2012, 07:01 PM
I can't sit at a game for that amount of time in one sitting so fuck it being hard, it's just plain stupid. Many other gamers can't play a game all in one go for that period either. Top it off with the numerous bullshit deaths or fails the game throws at you sometimes due to bugs or glitches and it's just not worth even entertaining. Still, I gave up ever trying to complete R* games years ago as the lists are too time consuming for my liking. Great games, often great achievements, but always a couple thrown in just to give the game artificial longevity.

Barad
05-18-2012, 07:06 PM
God dammit..well that's a downer..was looking forward to completing this so bad as well. This is gonna put off so many DLC purchases from the achievements hunters too :P

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-18-2012, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't mind this achievement so much if you got a checkpoint at the halfway point of the game. The biggest issue with an achievement like this is not only is skill a factor but so is being lucky enough to not have the game freeze or suffer a power outage randomly, or just plain encounter a glitch that makes you start over.

Exactly this. Its not because i couldnt do it. Ok it would be stupidly hard but the fact that something like that could happen. Max payne froze on me today already.

mgorsi
05-18-2012, 07:41 PM
well.........sigh...........

Oynox Slider
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
And even if I would manage to do this achievement... I would be stuck at 1000G because I wont buy all these DLC which will probably add Gamerscore as well...

Empty Seven Man
05-18-2012, 08:41 PM
I've not played any campaign yet so what i'm about to say counts for fuck all but could there still be checkpoints like at the end of each act or is it a definite that there are none.

AirborneRichard
05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Sounds like this is going to be one of those famous "Hard or almost impossible to earn achievement" I def take a deep bow to each that might manage to obtain this, but i geus for most of us we probly stuck at 990G.
I def agree with some that mention gamerscores not give you any benefits in daily life or as a pick up line, but i can imagine some are kinda fixed on getting each game 1000G, its to each him or herself ofcourse, i gave up on that a long time ago i just want to enjoy the games i can efford with my low budget i got for them and not being fixed to beat each game i get for 1000G if i do get it then its a nice bonus but no must.
For all those desperate to get a full 1000G out of Max Payne 3 good luck! :) And i hope Rockstar fix or patch this somehow because honest what you been thinking to have gamers go thru new york minute harcore and then reward them with only 10G ;)
Just quik this for all those that played Bulletwitch probly remember that you had to play thru nightmare after all the other difficulty setting and only been rewarded with... 1G

HabsCen10ial
05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
If this is indeed true then the achievement guide difficulty rating needs to go from 7/10 to 10/10 before any pour saps buy this thinking it's an easy 1000G

Dukez
05-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Finally! Official proof.

JuSt BLaZe
05-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Just quik this for all those that played Bulletwitch probly remember that you had to play thru nightmare after all the other difficulty setting and only been rewarded with... 1G

I have this and did this achievement and honestly it was fun. No joke. Also you have checkpoints so it's no big deal at all but THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE, COME ON!!!

Kovy88
05-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Finally there is a hard achievement that only the hardcore shooter fan will unlock, so you just complain and complain, because your skills and determination are not enough. Dead Space 2 hardcore was too easy anyway. It's all about practicing and dying over and over again until you some day get it. I was excited when I read this, not annoyed. The road to getting this one will probably be pretty damn frustrating though.

VyperJMc
05-18-2012, 10:38 PM
I've had the game freeze on me 3 times already.

Imagine being on chapter 14 at checkpoint 14 on NYM HC & all of the sudden the game freezes.

Barad
05-18-2012, 10:47 PM

Imagine being on chapter 14 at checkpoint 14 on NYM HC & all of the sudden the game freezes.

The Hulk would come out of me. :uzi:

XxReapaxX
05-18-2012, 10:50 PM

All I can say is R* offices would look much like the aftermath of the office level in the game, lol.

XxStuartxX 1990
05-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Has anyone got to the point where you switch disks yet, becaue if I remember rightly when you got to that point in Dead Space 2 you got a free checkpoint.

Oh yeah, I'm not going to even try this, I'm having a tough enough time on normal, LOL yes I suck.

ponypo2001
05-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Finally there is a hard achievement that only the hardcore shooter fan will unlock, so you just complain and complain, because your skills and determination are not enough. Dead Space 2 hardcore was too easy anyway. It's all about practicing and dying over and over again until you some day get it. I was excited when I read this, not annoyed. The road to getting this one will probably be pretty damn frustrating though.

Challenge is great and I, and others too, welcome it. I don't however welcome a game freeze or fall through the floor bug after putting 4+ hours into a single achievement. That is why people are complaining and rightfully so.

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Tbh im comfortable with hard. Its the right balance for me anything less will be too easy anything more just annoying so this yeahh right. Alot of the game is CQB so its hard to use dive around.

Ibanez V7
05-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Who the fuck has time to play a game all the way through in one sitting? Come on R*, be resonable and give us a SINGLE CHECKPOINT at the halfway mark at least.

Rep
05-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Who the fuck has time to play a game all the way through in one sitting? Come on R*, be resonable and give us a SINGLE CHECKPOINT at the halfway mark at least.

The guy who supposedly completed it said it only took four hours. I was at chapter 10 with around that time. It's not that time consuming as you think.

judd90
05-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Thanks god, thank you for confirming.

uhKillswitch
05-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Let's say it's 4-6 but you really have to be planing ahead. I have a full time job, a girlfriend and an active social life. So squeezing in the time for this achievement might become difficult but should be manageable.
Propably it's gonna be more than just the assumed 4-6 hrs since the constant failing while going for this is surely gonna take some time away as well.
But still, this game is only out a couple of days and NYM HC has already been beaten and that's good news.

Nevander
05-19-2012, 01:12 AM
What the fuck? Didn't R* confirm for us that it WASN'T this way? WHY!? For only 10:gsicon: you can kiss my ass. Forget it. Why would they make it this way? Are they trying to piss me off? No checkpoints? WTF? Really? Seriously? Come on.

Rep
05-19-2012, 01:17 AM
What the fuck? Didn't R* confirm for us that it WASN'T this way? WHY!? For only 10:gsicon: you can kiss my ass. Forget it. Why would they make it this way? Are they trying to piss me off? No checkpoints? WTF? Really? Seriously? Come on.

Yup, they confirmed that you didn't have to start all over with an email, then replied back saying that it was a mistake and that it is.

Nevander
05-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Yup, they confirmed that you didn't have to start all over with an email, then replied back saying that it was a mistake and that it is.

LOL. I'm boycotting this achievement. Not even going to attempt.

pined5551
05-19-2012, 02:15 AM
I swear that's exactly what I'm thinking. It should rather look like this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/-4mxPg==.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/achievement/66639-A-New-York-Minute.html) A New York Minute - 10 :gsicon:
Finish In A New York Minute

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/925/-Ddc-w==.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/achievement/66640-The-Shadows-Rushed-Me.html) The Shadows Rushed Me - 100 :gsicon:
Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore

It shows a middle ground. Achievements don't have to be assigned gamerscore to reflect difficulty. They know the vast majority of people will never beat it, so they assign the majority of gamerscore to the not so hard achievements.

Makes perfect sense to me. You are just looking at it in a slightly different way to me.

And even if I would manage to do this achievement... I would be stuck at 1000G because I wont buy all these DLC which will probably add Gamerscore as well...

Haha. You wouldn't be 'stuck' really would you. You're choosing not to contine. But I understand what you mean lol.

Dukez
05-19-2012, 02:51 AM

I'd burn the game for wasting at least 5 hours of my life.

AlmaVerse
05-19-2012, 03:09 AM
Wow and this game was suppose to be my "relax game" in between playing Ninja Gaiden 2. Then I learn about this shit.....geez. To those who keep coming in here and trying to defend this achievement please swallow your pride STFU and listen to what people are saying. It's not so much that the achievement is hard that is unacceptable. The problem is having hours of work and possible success put into the achievement only to lose it all due to something that's out of your control. Such as a power outage, random game freeze or glitch that forces you to reset your console. That said, we have every right to complain, and to fault Rockstar for our misery.

And in advance to any who defend this achievement and reply negatively to my post......Please just STFU.

AlmaVerse
05-19-2012, 03:13 AM
I'd burn the game for wasting at least 5 hours of my life. Agreed. I had the game freeze on me once so far, it was during a cut-scene at the police station just after clearing out enemies in a lobby with elevators. The game just blacked out during cut-scene and returned me to the Dashboard, WTF. :mad:

ll X ll
05-19-2012, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H_BzuBY5hM&feature=plcp

You guys should see DSP's full gaming walkthrough of MP3. He got like 3 GAME BREAKING glitches. Thank god my first time playing was a very smooth and an awesome experience but man, imagine if he was doing the NYM hardcore, lol.

AlmaVerse
05-19-2012, 03:30 AM

You guys should see DSP's full gaming walkthrough of MP3. He got like 3 GAME BREAKING glitches. Thank god my first time playing was a very smooth and an awesome experience but man, imagine if he was doing the NYM hardcore, lol. Damn your right that WOULD SUCK, FU*K YOU FOR THIS ROCKSTAR!! :mad:

Bobo
05-19-2012, 03:32 AM
one of my proudest achievements was the "bladder of steel" ach. in rock band 2 where you had to play all 84 songs on the disc in one sitting without pausing and without failing... about 6 and a half hours total. crazy commitment there... plus i did it with an xbox live friend so, on top of power outage and random freezes, we also included the chance that our internet might go out. an interesting side note: i had to wake my wife up at 3am to play a couple songs so i could go poo, and she understood completely and never complained once... one of the many reasons i love her

lazygammer13
05-19-2012, 04:12 AM
one of my proudest achievements was the "bladder of steel" ach. in rock band 2 where you had to play all 84 songs on the disc in one sitting without pausing and without failing... about 6 and a half hours total. crazy commitment there... plus i did it with an xbox live friend so, on top of power outage and random freezes, we also included the chance that our internet might go out. an interesting side note: i had to wake my wife up at 3am to play a couple songs so i could go poo, and she understood completely and never complained once... one of the many reasons i love her
This is true love right here haha

DOPE BOI
05-19-2012, 05:26 AM
I love this game but all the damnable playthroughs were enough to make some people turn away and then you add a achievement like this.

Too many things could go wrong for me to even consider attempting this, not to mention I have kids and other responsibilities to do one complete sitting.

mgorsi
05-19-2012, 05:51 AM
when you start normal NYM, do you get to pick difficulty, and aim type?

Dukez
05-19-2012, 06:38 AM
I'm having trouble in the last chapter on NYM. Died a couple of times, I feel this ain't going to be good when NYMHC comes around. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do it. :(

BloodGodAlucard
05-19-2012, 07:56 AM

You guys should see DSP's full gaming walkthrough of MP3. He got like 3 GAME BREAKING glitches. Thank god my first time playing was a very smooth and an awesome experience but man, imagine if he was doing the NYM hardcore, lol.

DSP completing a game on the highest difficulty setting...yeah right. Don't get me wrong, I like the guys videos every now and then. But he sucks at 99% of the games he plays. I haven't seen his Max Payne 3 playthrough yet, but I highly doubt he plays on anything above Medium. He probably doesn't even use Free Aim.

Team USA
05-19-2012, 07:56 AM
LOL. I'm boycotting this achievement. Not even going to attempt.

Nevander, you're a noob.

ll X ll
05-19-2012, 10:34 AM
DSP completing a game on the highest difficulty setting...yeah right. Don't get me wrong, I like the guys videos every now and then. But he sucks at 99% of the games he plays. I haven't seen his Max Payne 3 playthrough yet, but I highly doubt he plays on anything above Medium. He probably doesn't even use Free Aim.

Im not fond of the guy either but man, i felt really sad when i heard that he got into 3 game breaking glitches in the game which is really weird since i did't get any glitch in my whole 10 - 13 hour playthrough (Took my time exploring and collecting stuff)

Which then made me wonder if i was attempting my run and this happens? it just shows that the game puts pressure on the console and you have a high chance of getting your console to freeze or just glitch out.

pined5551
05-19-2012, 10:59 AM
I love this game but all the damnable playthroughs were enough to make some people turn away and then you add a achievement like this.

Too many things could go wrong for me to even consider attempting this, not to mention I have kids and other responsibilities to do one complete sitting.

C'mon dude get your priorities in order haha!

ll X ll
05-19-2012, 11:06 AM

The problem here is that while it requires dedication and another person most likely. Still, you could put it on medium or easy and just pass through the songs while slow but you still can pass where as in this mode on Max Payne 3, it's time based which means you have to be quick, not to mention it's on Hardcore difficulty. It puts pressure on the console so you are more likely to freeze or glitch out. Enemies are aggressive and come in packs of 5's/10's that shoot everywhere all over your ass.

The last 2 levels of the game is like the last epic fight scene in the new Rambo movie and Terminator 1 in the police station (1 vs 90384908384897342 enemies) these all coupled with you maybe making a mistake by bullet-dodging and hitting a wall or not covering fast enough all could make you restart to chapter 1.

I admire your dedication for i would never go for an achievement that needs me to work 6 hours on it which means the console also gets leaved on for that much which is not good since 360 are oh so reliable. All in all, it's just a bullshit achievement. Challenging? yes. Logical? no. Bullshit? yes. You need all the luck you can get to go through it, not just skill.

BloodGodAlucard
05-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Im not fond of the guy either but man, i felt really sad when i heard that he got into 3 game breaking glitches in the game which is really weird since i did't get any glitch in my whole 10 - 13 hour playthrough (Took my time exploring and collecting stuff)

Which then made me wonder if i was attempting my run and this happens? it just shows that the game puts pressure on the console and you have a high chance of getting your console to freeze or just glitch out.

That's true. I only had 2 glitches throughout my 1st playthrough. Once the game crashed to the dashboard and another time it got stuck at the death screen and wouldn't let me retry. I hope I don't encounter any kind of major glitch on my 2nd playthrough.

I do think I'll check out the playthrough though. It might be funny to see him rage over legitimate glitches. That's the thing that pisses me off and makes me dislike this guy the most. Whenever he fucks up or does something stupid he blames the game and tries to say that it's a glitch. Even though anyone with eyes can see he's completely full of shit. :p

JuSt BLaZe
05-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Just fucked up for me. After DISC SWAP I only have a BLACK SCREEN and Max is talking in the back with girls and so on...Messed up man...Update this shit...

xXmyxxmastaXx
05-19-2012, 02:33 PM
rockstar just trolled the Achievement hunters.

Ibanez V7
05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Just a thought...

Rockstar originally posted info on the social club page about being able to select your difficulty in NYC minute and being able to complete NYC minute (Hardcore) chapter by chapter. Neither of these options are possible.

However, what if that's the way it was originally intended, and one of the reasons for the day one patch? If someone who has unlocked NYC minute mode could delete the update and try offline.... it's a long shot but who knows?

HabsCen10ial
05-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Just a thought...

Rockstar originally posted info on the social club page about being able to select your difficulty in NYC minute and being able to complete NYC minute (Hardcore) chapter by chapter. Neither of these options are possible.

However, what if that's the way it was originally intended, and one of the reasons for the day one patch? If someone who has unlocked NYC minute mode could delete the update and try offline.... it's a long shot but who knows?

Yes, long shot indeed but worth a try.

I will get this achievement even if it takes me years. I'm hoping by the time I do my four playthroughs and NYM that I'll know the levels and enemy locations inside and out.

cheevo360
05-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I have this and did this achievement and honestly it was fun. No joke. Also you have checkpoints so it's no big deal at all but THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE, COME ON!!!

Yeah Rockstar Games want tease us cos they know achievement whores out there and here so I guess they want tests us lol

JuSt BLaZe
05-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Yeah Rockstar Games want tease us cos they know achievement whores out there and here so I guess they want tests us lol

I mean it's even hard enough if they had done this CHAPTER VISE. I died in my Hard run like over 200x and I'm still in Chapter VII. How you suppose to die not one single time. SUCK THIS SHIT UP...

IrishGorilla47
05-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah, that achievement is just crazy. I am going to attempt it, but I doubt I will do it.

Mr Magic
05-19-2012, 04:28 PM
when you start normal NYM, do you get to pick difficulty, and aim type?

No. There are no menu screens at all. You can't change any options.

Starkweather
05-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Crazy, no way i will ever get this lol

bio187
05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Also, either Bio187 or R* were trolling, lol.

Totally trolling providing information from rockstar..... definantly.

Note if you pay attention to shit i gave the letter before rockstar cleared up there mistakes in it.

but yep... thats me trolling the masses, cause i dont have better shit to do with my time like get achievements.

ll X ll
05-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Totally trolling providing information from rockstar..... definantly.

Note if you pay attention to shit i gave the letter before rockstar cleared up there mistakes in it.

but yep... thats me trolling the masses, cause i dont have better shit to do with my time like get achievements.

I said it either was you or R* and didn't say yeah, it was totally you because at that moment we had no proof whatsoever. However, now that we do, we know it was a mistake on R*'s part.

bio187
05-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I said it either was you or R* and didn't say yeah, it was totally you because at that moment we had no proof whatsoever. However, now that we do, we know it was a mistake on R*'s part.

Yeah i hadn't started it yet but, i was pretty pissed when i came back to see that rockstar took their quote back.

ll X ll
05-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah i hadn't started it yet but, i was pretty pissed when i came back to see that rockstar took their quote back.

Yeah, way to drop the ball on their part. Oh well, it still isn't as bad as i expected it to be, atleast it's at medium diff. which is way better, imagine if it was on Hardcore diff, lol.

HabsCen10ial
05-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah, way to drop the ball on their part. Oh well, it still isn't as bad as i expected it to be, atleast it's at medium diff. which is way better, imagine if it was on Hardcore diff, lol.

So NYM:HC is just medium difficulty??? Well in that case this will be easy. ;)

lethal.b
05-19-2012, 11:00 PM
I would go for this if it was like dead space so i could save half way or something. No way will i be able to play 4+ straight hours. Even if i had no commitments i still wouldnt be able to bring myself to do that. I thought games come with health warnings saying you are not supposed to play that long? Wouldnt this mean R* are trying to get people to ignore them?

ll X ll
05-19-2012, 11:07 PM
So NYM:HC is just medium difficulty??? Well in that case this will be easy. ;)

Yup :woop:

BloodGodAlucard
05-19-2012, 11:22 PM
I would go for this if it was like dead space so i could save half way or something. No way will i be able to play 4+ straight hours. Even if i had no commitments i still wouldnt be able to bring myself to do that. I thought games come with health warnings saying you are not supposed to play that long? Wouldnt this mean R* are trying to get people to ignore them?

Don't be ridiculous. There is no health risk for playing games for 4+ hours. It's no different than watching tv. A lot of players go for a dozen or more hours at a time if they're really into the game. I don't ever go to that extreme unless it's a game I love. But I do know people that do, and they're in perfect health. That doesn't make it any less of a stupid thing to make an achievement though.

Hurricane Of 87
05-19-2012, 11:52 PM
I got Hard To The Core so I'll give this a try. Probably fail miserably. ;)

Unless Epic Games are releasing a game this year it seems Rockstar have Hardest Achievement of the Year sewn up already.

littlejay
05-20-2012, 01:05 AM
i play games for 4+ hours every night :p

and nothing says you can't pause right? it's not like you are going for steel badder in rock band :p

bio187
05-20-2012, 05:25 AM
Quite honestly after hearing that its on medium im not really worried about this at all + that oldschools bullet time is jacked up, im just now dreading hardcore

BubsTheGreat
05-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Good luck on having the game not crash, or the crap mechanics for cover not getting you killed. My 360 is 3 years old, no way that bastard would last without at least freezing. It froze randomly on GTAIV (installed also on HDD) and it was half as buggy as this shet. My PS3 freezes starting the browser, much less playing for hours. Point being, HA! at this achievement.

LBxRAIDER
05-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Ridiculous achievement.. Might try to attempt it sometime down the road when there's no good games out.

OldTymer72
05-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I can't sit at a game for that amount of time in one sitting so fuck it being hard, it's just plain stupid. Many other gamers can't play a game all in one go for that period either. Top it off with the numerous bullshit deaths or fails the game throws at you sometimes due to bugs or glitches and it's just not worth even entertaining. Still, I gave up ever trying to complete R* games years ago as the lists are too time consuming for my liking. Great games, often great achievements, but always a couple thrown in just to give the game artificial longevity.

oh like kingpin and that dice ach that requires no one leaves the table even if they loose in rdr? rockstar are idiots.

ParoXysm QC
06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Can you use aim lock for this achievement?
Dumb question I know, I haven't played single player much yet.

ll X ll
06-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Can you use aim lock for this achievement?
Dumb question I know, I haven't played single player much yet.

No. As soon as you press A to play this mode, it gets you right into the game.

JuSt BLaZe
06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I finally did it! Can't believe it. :woop:

Fuck off R*. You can kiss my ass now goodbye with all your glitches/bugs and whatsoever. :AR15

Bring on the next achievements, I'm sooo ready!!! :rock

Barad
06-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I finally did it! Can't believe it. :woop:

Fuck off R*. You can kiss my ass now goodbye with all your glitches/bugs and whatsoever. :AR15

Bring on the next achievements, I'm sooo ready!!! :rock

Haha nice work man! It's all gonna be multiplayer DLC's so no pressure from now on !

L0cke89
06-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I normally have no problem with this stuff, but there are 2 BIG problems.

1. The game just isn't stable enough for that period of time. I mean, my xbox crashed after 5 hours on Rock Band 2, but it was the consoles fault. Also, complaining about power outage is a tad bit insane. How often does that happen? To me, the last time was probably 1-2 years ago.

This is no Bethesda game, but Rockstar games happen to have a few random glitches that can result in a restart. I for once only had one when Max didn't stop chaning weapons and couldn't fire a single shot anymore. Not a problem with frequent checkpoints. On a 4-5 hour run, this would kill me.

2. A shooter should NEVER EVER have a single segment speedrun achievement. It's just too damn random when you get hit, especially in this game. Shootguns can kill you from 50ft. away, AI has near perfect aim and you get hit while blind firing (That alone is just plain stupid in itself).

Say you made it too the last boss and he happened to fire a grenade off screen, and you aren't able to hit it in time. BAM - One hit kill. Or something else just kills you that never happened before. In shooters, even with all the skill, there is just to much luck involved.

And that is, why this achievement is retarded. Put this mode in, if you want, but don't make it part of the achievement list. I would rather get to level 50 with a second character.

JuSt BLaZe
06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Haha nice work man! It's all gonna be multiplayer DLC's so no pressure from now on !

Hehe thanks bro. Yeah let's hope so. Otherwise I won't touch that crap. :drunk

Neith
06-02-2012, 05:57 PM
...Also, complaining about power outage is a tad bit insane. How often does that happen? To me, the last time was probably 1-2 years ago...

We had one in the City Friday 15 Seconds break, all Computers in many Company's crashed, in a big Section of the City, so yeah it happens. ;) However i was not affected by it, but certainly thousand others...

my_box_72
06-02-2012, 08:37 PM
FMD seriously this so pathetic 10G for all that frustration f..ck that !!! went trough enough hell already in the game and this will add to it :mad::mad:

BosmaniaK
06-02-2012, 10:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0hjSaYCRnA&feature=related

That's my reaction.

me and my girlfriend were laughing out loud when I played that full blast haha.

ll X ll
06-03-2012, 01:43 AM
me and my girlfriend were laughing out loud when I played that full blast haha.

Nobody says shit better than him! LOL.

Anyways, yeah at first we thought this was actually hardcore difficulty and you must not die + time would be a huge issue. But as we learned more of the mode and me actually trying it out, i finally done it and it isn't as hard as i thought it was but thats probably because i completed the game more than 4 times + the attempts i did on NYM: HC.