PDA

View Full Version : Unskippable Cutscenes

Judivarious
05-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Anyone else kind of annoyed by the unskippable cutscenes in the game. I've got the game installed on my hard drive, already beat it once on normal, playing my second playthrough on hard, and it's driving me nuts.

Every cutscene I get try hitting [A] to skip, and I get the "Still Loading" message in the bottom left of the screen....this happens for as long as the cutscene is, so pretty much, there are some that are just unskippable, as it shouldn't take 10 minutes to load...

Anyone else annoyed by this? I mean, it's a good game and all, and there are certain cutscenes I'd consider watching fully, but at the beginning of the game....no.

raptor_256
05-19-2012, 06:42 AM
yep found the same thing. i'd rather more loading time during the level and less during the cut scene.

its fine for a first playthrough to watch the story, but on subsequent playthroughs definately not

ColdSpider72
05-19-2012, 06:56 AM
If you read (and posted in) the bitching thread, you would see that you are not, in fact, the only one annoyed by this.

Judivarious
05-19-2012, 08:38 AM
If you read (and posted in) the bitching thread, you would see that you are not, in fact, the only one annoyed by this.

Well, the "bitching" thread, is for just that, bitching. I'm not bitching, I was asking a question.

eiVaL
05-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Max Cutscenes 3 is the official title now.

mods should change the forum name to reflect it and also move it to the Enterntainment/TV/Movies forum so ppl dont get confused

judd90
05-19-2012, 10:54 AM
It is annoying, but in a way its good because instead of a loading screen you get to watch something.

eiVaL
05-19-2012, 11:57 AM
It is annoying, but in a way its good because instead of a loading screen you get to watch something.

not really, cause its pretty obvious that the meaningless 10 seconds they let you control max just to walk 2 feet to trigger another cutscene, means all the cutscene before that, which wasnt skippable was loading that meaingless 10 seconds of walking with no action...just to prebuffer the next cutscene loading

the fact this game is almost in the 90s on Metacritic is a joke.

Rep
05-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah, they're getting to be really annoying. I usually just come on this site while one is playing.

pined5551
05-19-2012, 03:04 PM
the fact this game is almost in the 90s on Metacritic is a joke.

Are you seriously saying that the game isn't worthy of it's score simply because you have to wait for it to load...? Do you expect it to all be instant or something? Geez, some people!

Obama bin laggn
05-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Wait too long and too often, yes. Even in nym, u spend less time actually playing and shooting than watching "still loading" cinematics. And eiVAL is right, the map/level should be loaded, and the character/scenes around EVERY doorway and corner should not take that long

killthemall4444
05-27-2012, 03:44 AM
I absolutely love this game and the first time through the cut scenes didn't bother me in the slightest as it's integral to experience the first time around. But when I'm replaying the game I'm not interested in seeing the cut scenes again. I really hope this can be addressed in a patch or something because having no choice but to sit through these very lengthy cutscenes is very frustrating.

Infernal
05-27-2012, 03:49 AM
Anyone else kind of annoyed by the unskippable cutscenes in the game. I've got the game installed on my hard drive, already beat it once on normal, playing my second playthrough on hard, and it's driving me nuts.

Every cutscene I get try hitting [A] to skip, and I get the "Still Loading" message in the bottom left of the screen....this happens for as long as the cutscene is, so pretty much, there are some that are just unskippable, as it shouldn't take 10 minutes to load...

Anyone else annoyed by this? I mean, it's a good game and all, and there are certain cutscenes I'd consider watching fully, but at the beginning of the game....no.

The bolded text is known as "bitching"

IN5TANT CLASS1C
05-27-2012, 04:06 AM
The bolded text is known as "bitching"

So when someone bitches about another poster bitching shouldn't that also go in the bitching thread?

ChickinOnaChain
05-27-2012, 04:10 AM
If cut/load scenes are done well, they don't bother me much the first few times I see them. After that, I like to skip them. If I can't, oh well.

IN5TANT CLASS1C
05-27-2012, 04:13 AM
I just play on my phone during the cut scenes. Mo big deal really. I think most people are complaining about not being able to skip them because they want to 100 percent the game faster and in that case I don't feel sorry for you.

LBxRAIDER
05-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Agree! very annoying, I understand if they kept the cut scenes while you play your first playthrough but when you have completed the game you should definitely have an option to skip them.

albo
05-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I think it comes down to whether rockstar wanted people to be staring at a loading screen or watching a cutscene while levels load and they chose the latter. I really liked this feature while on my first playthrough but for people who are doing multiple playthroughs like us, this feature is like torture and i'd rather look at a blank screen at this point when the game wants to load a level so i can have the option of skipping the cutscene.

TheRealJustSean
06-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Oh, agreed so much. I'm replaying levels to get the clues and golden guns, and having to stop every five minutes for an unskippable cutscene just pisses me off immensely. As did the whole walking and doing NOTHING ELSE for ten minutes in the start of the second disc. UGH!!!!!

Neith
06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
If the Cutscreens would be Loading Screens ok, but i have the strong Feeling they are lying, they only display "Still Loading" for the Illusion that its a Loading Screen, but in Reality its not, else it would be the Game with the longest Loading in History for sure.

I think they wanted to hide the Fact that the Game is in fact more a Interactive Movie than a Game, also i seen once a real Loading Screen in MP3 they look different, instead of still loading only a Loading in bigger Font is displayed and the Screen is Black, happens sometimes if you manage to actually glitch the Cutscreens and these are never so long as the others.

For me its clear they are lying and only try to mask the long Movies as Loading Screens, thats all... But either way its either an Interactive Movie or the Game with the longest Loading in History and both are bad some way.

Also its not only the unskippable Cutscenes that suck, its the Amount of and also the fact that i can't do anything alone, you can't open a Door or walk somewhere without a Movie taking Control of 80% of what you do, you have no Freedom, no Tactical or Strategic Choice everything is done and decided for you, even your Weapon is switched or changed by the Movie, many Times bad Choices not the one i would do, so yeah its more an interactive Movie than a Game...

Only a little bit more and it would be like "Dragon's Lair"... rofl
(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5100574#post5100574)

TheRealJustSean
06-03-2012, 12:50 AM
If the Cutscreens would be Loading Screens ok, but i have the strong Feeling they are lying, they only display "Still Loading" for the Illusion that its a Loading Screen, but in Reality its not, else it would be the Game with the longest Loading in History for sure.

I think they wanted to hide the Fact that the Game is in fact more a Interactive Movie than a Game, also i seen once a real Loading Screen in MP3 they look different, instead of still loading only a Loading in bigger Font is displayed and the Screen is Black, happens sometimes if you manage to actually glitch the Cutscreens and these are never so long as the others.

For me its clear they are lying and only try to mask the long Movies as Loading Screens, thats all... But either way its either an Interactive Movie or the Game with the longest Loading in History and both are bad some way.

Also its not only the unskippable Cutscenes that suck, its the Amount of and also the fact that i can't do anything alone, you can't open a Door or walk somewhere without a Movie taking Control of 80% of what you do, you have no Freedom, no Tactical or Strategic Choice everything is done and decided for you, even your Weapon is switched or changed by the Movie, many Times bad Choices not the one i would do, so yeah its more an interactive Movie than a Game...

Only a little bit more and it would be like "Dragon's Lair"... rofl
(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5100574#post5100574)
Oh, don't get me started on that weapons thing. tht it FORCES you to use a certain gun at a certain time annoys me no end.