PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer...Free Aim or Soft Aim?

wmattlowe
05-20-2012, 04:09 AM
So im about to start up multiplayer for the first time(had to beat the game first) and noticed its either soft or free aim. I played the game on free aim hardcore so i figured id go with free aim, but wanted to hear from you guys if one better than the other...if theres a difference other than the aiming style..type of people that play etc etc. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

-Matthew

Nevander
05-20-2012, 04:21 AM
In soft lock you will probably be constantly getting killed instantly. Damn akimbo pistol people do that to me. Better though if you're not the best at aiming in this game (which I suck at, aiming is so damn horrible).

In free aim, you will be more precise if you are good at aiming. You will get hit a lot less though, most players seem to be worse at free aim.

However, if you've been on free aim for such a long time, I would go to it. Soft lock will probably feel weird to you.

wmattlowe
05-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the quick reply...thats what i was think(that itd feel "off" to me to do soft lock) So what one do you prefer out of the two?

Nevander
05-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Personally I prefer soft lock since it's easier to just hold LT and shoot and not worry about moving the right stick (since I'm terrible at console aiming, literally) and also since I'm not fully adjusted to free aiming in this game.

tripleb2k
05-20-2012, 05:04 AM
Soft Aim.
I've never enjoyed 3rd person shooter Free Aim games (Saints Row for example). You have to control your aim and keep moving at the same time. It's a side step game. I prefer the lock on and 'let the best person win' method of Soft Aim. Call me a noob if you wish, I really don't care when I'm going 25-10 in Soft Aim. Ranking up is all I care about :P

wmattlowe
05-20-2012, 06:51 AM
hahaha sounds good guys thanks! Ill try both out and let ya know

DJ RJester
05-20-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm glad I read these posts and I will definitely be playing soft aim on multiplayer because of it. I can't believe how bad I suck at free aim in campaign mode on hard difficulty, I'm so bad at it I swear I have dyslexic fingers.

Gageamatron
05-20-2012, 07:31 AM
I read that you do more damage in free aim.

DEG23
05-20-2012, 07:44 AM
I read that you do more damage in free aim.

This is true, i tested it out yesterday. Using a mini 30, it was 3-4 chest shots in soft aim but only 1-2 in free aim. I would start with soft aim until you get a feel for it, however if you are playing with free aim in SP, then it won't be too hard to swap over, you'll probably be doing a look of spray and pray until you get a feel for it.

What i've noticed is i'm racking up more kill streaks in free aim because it takes less hits.

x_mania
05-20-2012, 08:05 AM
I use free aim in the single-player, so i started using that as well in the multi-player. After 2 games i switched back to soft-lock, because i just couldn't get the kills.

I want to enjoy the multi-player. Free aim was just to frustrating. Soft-lock works for me.