PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at the end of chapter 12

Dj Ronin
05-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Has any one else had any trouble with the RPK guy at the end of the roof tremors part?

I've tried like 20 times to kill this guy and get owned every time.

Any help would be appreciated

Bubbameister
05-20-2012, 09:42 PM
All I can tell you is to keep trying and shoot at his head. For some reason the tremors don't effect him so he can continue to shoot you while you're struggling to shoot him.

Hurricane Of 87
05-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Literally just did this on Hard, did a shootdodge to the cover on the left and then back to the right. I constantly shot him in the crotch with my 2-handed machine gun. Yeah, suffer!

Toxic-_-Sock
05-20-2012, 10:47 PM
sit and wait for him to shoot until you have half your bar filled, wait for the pause, activate, sidestep, headshots

Purple Hooter
05-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Pick up the spaz shotty from the 2nd guy you kill while running up the steps to that area! And make sure to pick up the painkillers on the right side of the steps when you walk up.

I did this - killed him first try after 30+ deaths.

Exactorit
05-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Spas-12 tip was great! I was getting pretty frustrated at this bit. Finally managed it. Although I got downed 3 times facing the guy with the LMG. A bit worried about the higher difficulty playthroughs now. :P

Der Nacho
05-26-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm gonna link this with YOU GET LUCKY (Headshot during a tremor); I got that achievement on the RPK gunner. I couldn't even believe it. But yeah, pause, bullet time, lay into his head...

HabsCen10ial
05-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Yeah, both the guys you have to shoot the helmet off gave me problems on hard. Just wait for the guy to reload and pray that his helmet fly's off when you shot at his head

AceBD
05-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Hold on to the sniper rifle from earlier in the level. One shot between the
eyes = win.

JuSt BLaZe
05-26-2012, 01:01 AM
I killed him everytime in my four runthroughs with the LMG .30 you get from the guy right before you enter this spot.
It only has 36 bullets left but definitely enough to blast that fool easily in one shoot dodge.
Pop the other three guys with pistols.

HabsCen10ial
05-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Well I'm finally on this part in my hardcore playthrough. What a pain in the ass. I had to take a break after getting killed 20+ times. I tried all these tips but his damn helmet is glued on. :uzi:

my_box_72
05-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Has any one else had any trouble with the RPK guy at the end of the roof tremors part?

I've tried like 20 times to kill this guy and get owned every time.

Any help would be appreciated

Boy do I wish you lots of luck bro , that SOB had me raging big time :mad:..managed to get him by getting back to cover after dam tremours moved me and that was the only way ;);)

DEG23
05-28-2012, 02:35 AM
I killed him everytime in my four runthroughs with the LMG .30 you get from the guy right before you enter this spot.
It only has 36 bullets left but definitely enough to blast that fool easily in one shoot dodge.
Pop the other three guys with pistols.

I've found the LMG is the only weapon that works for me. I tried using the Commando i was carrying from earlier and was lining up headshots but the dude's skull was absorbing every bullet. I tried pistols and shotguns but it had no effect.

JuSt BLaZe
05-28-2012, 05:34 AM
I've found the LMG is the only weapon that works for me. I tried using the Commando i was carrying from earlier and was lining up headshots but the dude's skull was absorbing every bullet. I tried pistols and shotguns but it had no effect.

I've noticed that both people in the NYM HC video are carrying the SNIPER RIFLE all the way to this armored dude but as I said, I rather prefer the LMG. 30.

tananset
05-28-2012, 08:40 AM
i'm carried sniper from lower floor (second C4-planning floor), and i've 7 painkiller on hardcore

all i know is it take only 1 shot at the big-guy with sniper. he die

HabsCen10ial
05-29-2012, 12:26 AM
:woop: I killed him. I had been missing the two painkillers to the right of the stairs. That made it much easier.

For the record I don't know the name of the weapons but I did it with one of the pistols.

Jsraiders
05-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Took me a few tries on hard but figured out that using the sniper rifle was the way to go. I kinda rushed the shot due to the tremors and hit him in the chest and it still took him out.

BubsTheGreat
05-29-2012, 06:52 AM
I shoot for the neck area. I had trouble my first time on hard but old school took me three times and hardcore, once. For some reason, old school was a lot harder for me, guess it could be the last stands you get in hardcore.

OldTymer72
05-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Before the roof, where you pick up the c4 is a RPD. Pick it up and use it. At the part where you snipe across to the other building is extra ammo, so when all enemies are dead, fill it up, go to the roof, use your secondary on the soldiers (learn the pattern) and save the RPD for the LMG guy. Having a few pills helps too :)

Unload on his head.

And as I recall he has some slight pauses? Not quite sure, but if you can hide behind the cover thing pop up in bullettime as he stands there (not sure if he pauses tho).

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Get behind the cover activate bullet time pop out headshot.

the action frampton
05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Get behind the cover activate bullet time pop out headshot.

On hard even unloading all 36 rounds of the LMG .30 right in the face this guy doesn't even flinch. I lost count how many times this prick has killed me.

Also does anyone know if I'm on a timer? Sometimes if I take it a bit slower to conserve ammo/painkillers the building just collapses on me in a cut scene!?

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah you are on a timer. I did it on hard and old school first try with the shotty the guy at the gate drops before you go up the stairs two hits to the head bam dead.

Neith
05-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Yeah, i know this one, i got Platinum there, what i do is usually climb on the Thing in the Middle of the Area to take of the three Dudes coming from the Front after the Gate and then quickly turn with the 180 Turn and Shoot-Dodge back and shoot the LMG Dude. It seems that to be higher as the Floor is good, but takes 30 Shots into his Face at least anyway.

the action frampton
05-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys. Seems like his helmet was glued on tight when I was trying before. Did the same thing I'd done countless times before and his helmet just popped right off lol

True.Mister.Six
06-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Well I'm finally on this part in my hardcore playthrough. What a pain in the ass. I had to take a break after getting killed 20+ times. I tried all these tips but his damn helmet is glued on. :uzi:

Me too man. I raged like a lunatic at the telly after numerous times getting battered by the dude and switched it off at 4pm this afternoon.:rant:

It's 1am and I still haven't turned the Xbox back on!

At least having to play the checkpoint through so many times I got "Sometimes You Get Lucky" without intentionally trying!

Neith
06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
I kill this one without popping the Helmet, turn, jump back, and shot to his Face, even if you hit the Body after 50 Bullets his is gone for sure, sometimes only one Bullet is enough but its random like the one at the End of the Serverdude, sometimes i need one Bullet and sometimes i empty my Gun but i always shot into his Face...

Well, i hate this anyway because, his Face is only protected with a Tissue not a Armor but they can take 30 Shots, yeah Superhumans it seems, but they go down... ;)

FroZeNSouL
06-03-2012, 11:43 AM
when i finaly did it, came from me duel wielding pistols, shoot dodging aiming for neck. Thought maybe on 1st shot helmet went back n may have got a cheeky shot under chin?
Otherwise it must just b random

SweetBlackMagic
06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I've noticed that both people in the NYM HC video are carrying the SNIPER RIFLE all the way to this armored dude but as I said, I rather prefer the LMG. 30.

I actually got lucky for a change with a hard section of this game...I made it through on my first try. For some reason, I ended up NOT being in cover when after the cinematic so I thought I was fucked. I had the LMG and almost full bullet time...did a shootdodge straight back to get behind cover and wore his head out with the LMG. Got to cover, reloaded, then did BT and knocked his helmet off. Finally SD again straight back and killed him. I've found SD works well in spots where the enemies seem to be unbelievably accurate. I guess the whole "moving target" thing was actually accounted for by the devs.

bigbear2face
06-13-2012, 05:10 PM
I did this part over and over again on Hard and was having problems. Seemed like no matter how many times I shot him in the head his helmet never came off.

The attempt that I finally did it on I kind of did something cheap. I popped up out of cover to shoot him, he put me down and I did one of the life saving slo-mo things. Instead of getting back up and into cover I just stayed lying down on the ground. For some reason I could hit him and he couldn't hit me at all. Made the fight incredibly easy (though I did have to use 1 painkiller obviously).

gumbulum
06-14-2012, 06:46 AM
It is also useful to load the Checkpoint from the Lower Level, where you get the C4, grab the RPK, shoot your way through the C4 Planting Sequence and go the ammo stock at the sniper spot before planting final c4. Will give 75+150 Ammo and you can run straight through the rooftop area shooting everyone including the RPK Guy.