PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue franchise....

Halimbo2005
08-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Does anyone know if there will ever be a third installment on what i think is the greatest game of all time?

the 2nd game ended on a cliffhanger and that was first on the Dreamcast.....and then the Xbox.....if anyone knows please lemme know.....this is my most wanted game of all time.

x

PerpetualHeaven
08-29-2007, 02:07 AM
I was checking around and it seems as there was a Shenmue MMO on the way but that was cancelled. I don't know how old this piece of news is but that's the only thing that came up. They'll probably eventually make one. Let the fans drown a bit and throw it out from no where.

Kaens
08-29-2007, 02:11 AM
They talked about it on one of the podcasts I listen to. Sorry to say the verdict was the franchise is basically dead. Those games never sold well and it'll be hard to convince a suit to invest the money in a third. Fans are just screwed.

Tussell
08-29-2007, 02:27 AM
Just Google searched the game because it sounded very familiar. I recognize it now. But yeah, that sucks that it's dead.

Skillet
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I had Shenmue II. It wasn't a BAD game...more like a really long interactive movie.

I almost wish I could play it now...

Flea
08-29-2007, 09:52 PM
They talked about it on one of the podcasts I listen to. Sorry to say the verdict was the franchise is basically dead. Those games never sold well and it'll be hard to convince a suit to invest the money in a third. Fans are just screwed.

I read something saying they have shelved it,
and arent sure if they will make it or not in the future.

I hope they do make it,
it was ambitious for its time.
:)

Mr Hey
08-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I made a thread on Shenmue 3 earlier, but anyways, here's the linky I had there.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/811/811423p1.html

matthewmcg360
08-30-2007, 12:37 AM
i have lost all hope for a shenmue 3 it was canceled for release for the xbox 1 and only rumoured to be released on 360. i doubt it will ever come to light which is a shame because they where the best dreamcast games ever and i own like 70 dreamcast games.

Blindkiller00
08-30-2007, 01:55 PM
There has been more talk recently of a new Shenmue game coming to the 360 but is still very unlikely to happen..

The 1st game was the most expensive game in history to produce and sold averagely. The second againwas expensive and wasnt over sold either. Im sure I speek for everyone when I want a Shenmue 3 but its looking unlikely.

LongJon
08-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Minty's right the first game on the Dreamcast cost so much that it's reported every Dreamcast owner would have had to buy it twice for it to have broken even.Don't know how true that is,it's just something that's been said more than a few times.

Also I do know that the original dreator of the series had either 16 or 18 chapters planned to begin with.The first game covered the first chapter,the second covered chapters 2-6,and the rest was meant to come out whenever.There's loads of theories over the net as to wether and why certain things have happened about it.All I know is like you guys I'd love to see another,but its not too likely from what I can see.