PDA

View Full Version : Terminals in Halo 4?

mrcrash01
05-21-2012, 06:11 PM
In Halo anniversary there were terminals with 5 symbols at the end that you could input in Halo waypoint. In waypoint there were space for up to 10 symbols. That may mean that there will be terminals in Halo 4.
http://allthumbsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Halo-Anniversary-Terminals.jpg
There must be a reason for 343i to put the extra spaces there. What do you think?

Son of Kyuss
05-21-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm almost certain there will be terminals in Halo 4 since 343 has embraced the terminal idea to provide backstory to those who don't really pay attention to the universe outside of the games.

Plus, if it means getting a huge sum of cR or Spartan Points or whatever I'm all for it.

theNomad
05-21-2012, 06:58 PM
I enjoyed the terminal videos and I'm all for any little diversions 343i throw up to please the fans, I'm sure there'll be dozens of little nods to bungie the community and halo's previous history littered around the campaign. No doubt we'll get a find all terminals cheevo, not sure if they'll do skulls this time around though.

MixMaker1
05-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I enjoyed the terminal videos and I'm all for any little diversions 343i throw up to please the fans, I'm sure there'll be dozens of little nods to bungie the community and halo's previous history littered around the campaign. No doubt we'll get a find all terminals cheevo, not sure if they'll do skulls this time around though.
The terminals in Halo 3 paved the way for the story of 4. In fact, a lot of stuff (Didact, Forerunners, Mendicient Bias, Librarian) was told through those terminal stories in 3.

There is no question we will have some form of terminal in Halo 4. Hell, we're in Forerunner heaven.

Vectorman953
05-22-2012, 05:36 PM
After having terminals in every game since Halo 3 (3, ODST's audio logs, Reach, Anniversary) I can't really see them leaving them out.

I love terminals and the like because they cater to
1) My Halo-cannon side obsessed with the mythology of the series
2) My explorer side, because I like finding them all without using guides

Plus, they seem more meaningful than random collectibles just strewn about a level