PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion Thread

iBuzz7S
05-22-2012, 09:17 AM
You can see the list here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/joy-ride-turbo/achievements/).

Looks like a "piss-easy" 200http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png. Might end up buying it since I have an account with 800 MS Points left over from the Xbox Rewards program.

Seriously, they could of put a little thought into the achievements.

ravenouslou
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Based on what I played today the achievements are insanely easy as far as skill, but some may take some time to get.

After completing the 100 HP series I had something like 83,000 or 86,000 to spend, so about 8.5% of the way to Fat Wallet.

You unlock cars to buy by collecting parts on each track. Parts are in crates hidden in the track shortcuts. Once a track is unlocked you can play it individually and the menu will tell you how many parts you've already found on each one. It looked like you could collect them in any mode, but I didn't check them out. I don't know how much money it will take to buy each car once the parts for it are unlocked, so it's possible that you'll need much more than 1,000,000 to do it.

Redskinsfan26
05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm wondering if you have to save 1 Mill. for the achievement to pop. The hardest thing right now is to find all of the hidden crates on the stunt tracks. Only six more achievements to go :woop:

basti memphis
05-23-2012, 07:00 AM
how do you got it so early?

ShortyTHEone
05-24-2012, 12:05 AM
I dont think you dont Need to have 1.000.000 at One Time, but i will collect it now till i got the achievement And Tell you if no One Else is faster then me.

But i can Tell you that you Need MUCH more then 1.000.000 credits. I completed every Cup And collected everything (Parts & trophies) now i just Need to bis every Car And the Million.
I allready bought every Car in the Standard Version but didnt unlocked the achievement. For every style of every Car i Need around 2.500.000~ credits which will Take a while :(

Redskinsfan26
05-24-2012, 12:19 AM
I dont think you dont Need to have 1.000.000 at One Time, but i will collect it now till i got the achievement And Tell you if no One Else is faster then me.

But i can Tell you that you Need MUCH more then 1.000.000 credits. I completed every Cup And collected everything (Parts & trophies) now i just Need to bis every Car And the Million.
I allready bought every Car in the Standard Version but didnt unlocked the achievement. For every style of every Car i Need around 2.500.000~ credits which will Take a while :(

You do need to have 1 Mill. saved so don't spend any of it unless you need a better car.

It also takes around 3.5 Mill. to buy ALL of the cars.

ShortyTHEone
05-24-2012, 08:38 AM
You do need to have 1 Mill. saved so don't spend any of it unless you need a better car.

It also takes around 3.5 Mill. to buy ALL of the cars.

Since i got every Car in its Standard Version allready i actually dont Need any 'New' cars, so i will Save my Money now until the achievement Pops up, so Thanks for the advice :)

Any Good advice on how to get much Money pretty fast insted of winning the Big
Cups? Or is it the only Way?

crAsh kun
05-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I tried to get all car parts in races, but I lack a few ones.
The ones in Stunt Park are sometimes well hidden to my eyes, and I think they're going to keep me busy quite a long time ;)
The achievements that seemed an "easy 200" are not so easy.

toythatkills
05-24-2012, 03:50 PM

Actually, that's not true. I unlocked it with a balance of 975,000, having previously spent 90,000. So you can spend whatever you like without having to worry about saving.

ravenouslou
05-24-2012, 03:52 PM
I tried to get all car parts in races, but I lack a few ones.
The ones in Stunt Park are sometimes well hidden to my eyes, and I think they're going to keep me busy quite a long time ;)
The achievements that seemed an "easy 200" are not so easy.

Some in the stunt parks seem like they'd be easy to get if I could just figure out how to break that vertical plane while in the air after driving up a wall. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible?

toythatkills
05-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Some in the stunt parks seem like they'd be easy to get if I could just figure out how to break that vertical plane while in the air after driving up a wall. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible?

It's not possible. Sometimes you can land on the top if there's a small ridge jutting out, but if not you have to jump from elsewhere. Some of the trophies require jumps from miles away

crAsh kun
05-24-2012, 05:40 PM
It's not possible. Sometimes you can land on the top if there's a small ridge jutting out, but if not you have to jump from elsewhere. Some of the trophies require jumps from miles away
Oh, dear...
I guess some of them will have to wait until someone makes a video guide of some sort, for me to get :)

Redskinsfan26
05-24-2012, 06:15 PM

Use the nitro power-up and a car that has good acceleration or top speed.

ravenouslou
05-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Use the nitro power-up and a car that has good acceleration or top speed.

I'm not having trouble getting high enough. I was wondering if I could move from that vertical position onto a horizontal ledge after clearing the wall.

enzo_gt
05-25-2012, 03:32 AM
I have 39/40 in Crimson Park, but I think I know where the last part is, I think it's up that vertical incline, on the right side on the other side of those two arches. Anyone know how to get up there? My Inception has max Top Speed stat and the booster won't even get me high enough. How am I supposed to do this or what am I doing wrong?

It's the last car part I'm missing.

ShortyTHEone
05-25-2012, 07:12 AM
I have 39/40 in Crimson Park, but I think I know where the last part is, I think it's up that vertical incline, on the right side on the other side of those two arches. Anyone know how to get up there? My Inception has max Top Speed stat and the booster won't even get me high enough. How am I supposed to do this or what am I doing wrong?

It's the last car part I'm missing.

I Hope i mean the Same Track as you do...
If your Facing the Wall there will be a booster on the ground On the left handside leading you up the wall. You will Need the nitro from the crates to get extra boost in the end to get up a Little higher. You will end up on a small pathway guidung you to the crate

basti memphis
05-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Actually, that's not true. I unlocked it with a balance of 975,000, having previously spent 90,000. So you can spend whatever you like without having to worry about saving.

I can confirm this. I just got the Achievement with ~460.000 :Bounce:

ThePumpkinKing
05-26-2012, 08:00 PM
I Hope i mean the Same Track as you do...
If your Facing the Wall there will be a booster on the ground On the left handside leading you up the wall. You will Need the nitro from the crates to get extra boost in the end to get up a Little higher. You will end up on a small pathway guidung you to the crate

Yeah. That one is a pain. Just gotta keep at it. Like he said, use the blue nitro, and max out your boosts. I used the dune buggy. Which has max strength and boost. It'll take a while to get to the ledge. But once you do, be very cafreful not to fall off before grabbing the part.