PDA

View Full Version : Problems with installing?

shizomac
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Got this at midnight, however, I haven't played it because I am unable to install it to my hard drive. When I attempt to install it, nothing happens, then when I cancel the install, it freezes my xbox for about a minute before going back to the dashboard.

Anyone else have this problem or are there any solutions? I'm sure I can still play it, but I would prefer to install it before playing. Nothing is wrong with my xbox because I installed Future Soldier before I tried Dogma and there were no problems installing and playing that. My buddy got the game too and he had the exact same problem so that's why I'm asking if it has happened to anyone else.

iBuzz7S
05-22-2012, 12:36 PM
My only suggestion would be to disconnect the Ethernet cable and try to install it. This fixed quite a number of games failing to install, which have occurred a fair bit since one of the last few Xbox LIVE updates.

shizomac
05-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks, that seemed to do the trick. It's installing now so hopefully no more problems. Appreciate it.

iBuzz7S
05-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks, that seemed to do the trick. It's installing now so hopefully no more problems. Appreciate it.
No problem. As I said, it has been happening a fair bit since one of the last updates.

If an error occurs when installing, remove the Ethernet cable and try again. I think you can do it without a profile signed in, but I tried the way I suggested and have stuck with it.

So far, 3 games have had issues being installed.

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-22-2012, 01:24 PM
i had that problem as well. I let it sit for like 10 min and it started working

SOULGAINE
05-22-2012, 04:10 PM
I tried that method an nothing T.T

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-22-2012, 04:40 PM
I tried that method an nothing T.T
just let it sit there for a while and itll work

sorlo
05-22-2012, 06:11 PM
yes the first loading is awfully slow, and i can hear my dvdrom complaining loudly, but it turns out it can successfully installed..... just take more time than usual.
Try to grab a coffee or a bath and it will be succesfully installed when you back.

Darth Cuda
05-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Log out of all profiles I learned that recently while trying to insall MUA 1. Idk why but it does work.

koga88
05-22-2012, 11:19 PM
Like the others said, it did the same thing for me pre-release and it had to sit for around 10 minutes before it started going. So all you need to do is wait a bit longer and it'll help the load times a lot.