PDA

View Full Version : Where is the AK-47

Blitzer88
05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
I pre-ordered the game and got the pre-order codes for the faces, extra map, and guns. I found the m14, but can't find the AK-47 when looking at my guns for each loadout. Could anyone help me figure out where it is?

koopakiller64
05-22-2012, 10:02 PM
I pre-ordered from Gamestop and it's under the Bodark Rifleman class.

MyPetWorm
05-23-2012, 12:34 AM
I pre-ordered from Gamestop and it's under the Bodark Rifleman class.

It is ONLY for this class, for those wondering. You cannot use it with the other ones.

eiVaL
05-23-2012, 02:50 AM
theres several variants of the AK already in the game, ive already seen the ak47u and ak200 introduced as unlockables during my loadout's before the first few campaign missions.

never understood the praise for the AR varient in games, considering its normally never customizable with any attachments, especially a suppressor and rarely anything more than iron-sights and no game has yet to incorporate environment "wear-n-tear" into its weapon mechanics, so the AK's 1 and only real life appeal(reliability) isnt even relevant in the gaming world

MyPetWorm
05-23-2012, 05:38 AM
never understood the praise for the AR varient in games, considering its normally never customizable with any attachments, especially a suppressor and rarely anything more than iron-sights and no game has yet to incorporate environment "wear-n-tear" into its weapon mechanics, so the AK's 1 and only real life appeal(reliability) isnt even relevant in the gaming world

Just to correct you on that statement - Far Cry 2.

You are right though, apart from the aforementioned game, AK's have no real advantage in most games.

DEG23
05-23-2012, 05:55 AM
theres several variants of the AK already in the game, ive already seen the ak47u and ak200 introduced as unlockables during my loadout's before the first few campaign missions.

Beg to differ, technically in games, the AK should do more damage than most rifles because it is one of the few that doesn't use the standard 5.56 NATO round but the heavier 7.62. Again in real life, they can be modified to use several attachments like silencers and a variety of scopes, in fact many of the world's special forces often use AK's because of not only the reliability factor, but also because of the popularity, ammo is easier to come by. Although i don't know why games don't utilize this?