PDA

View Full Version : Killing a Drake

KrossWinter
05-23-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm not sure if I was the only person this happened to, but I had just gotten through the mine near Gran Soren and walked on a bit and got to the camp. From there, I started walking around more and found a drake. A random, in the middle of literally nowhere, drake.

So, like any other adventurer, I naturally tried to kill it before it ate me.

That didn't work out so well and resulted in me being crispy fried for a couple of deaths. Then the frustration starts.

I figured out I needed to blow open its chest to shoot at its heart, I'm a ranger, but ALL it was doing was just flying up...land. Flying up...land. No fire breathing, no claws, nothing.

So I tried running up to it and stabbing it, kept flying and landing. Tried to jump on it follow it up, shook me off and died. Shot arrows like mad at it, nada.

Is there a proper way to down these guys and kill them and I was just doing it wrong, or was I right that it was a glitch?

koga88
05-23-2012, 08:21 AM
It's not a glitch and believe me it destroyed me the first time I encountered it as well. However the problem is that the first time you see it, there is a very high chance that you are waaay to weak to even damage him. You can still expose the heart and try to do damage, but it will likely shrug it off. It is a bit strange that it didn't try to breath fire on you but the only way to properly kill them is to get to a higher level and take him on. Also lightning and magic works well on them.

specularblinky
05-23-2012, 08:33 AM
just try to avoid it for now and get it later on when your stronger

PerroSato
05-24-2012, 09:36 AM
yes finally killed the SOB i was a lvl33 strider with 2 warrs and an ice mage with a lot of stamina and health items. Took a long time to take him down but apparently ice does heavy damage to him.
Be aware when hes down to 2 health bars he does a shout that may kill all if not at full health and lowers you stats so be aware and GL.

KrossWinter
05-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Killed him as a lv 34, 4 vocation magick archer. I was doing a quest and he caught me with my pants down. I hadn't saved in a while, and I was really not ready to fight him.

Had a lv 24 warrior, lv 34 mage, and my lv 34 sorcerer with me. I kept standing on a rock because for some reason it has a really hard time attacking me there, and I could just use Hunter's arrow and target its wings whenever it took to the sky. Didn't so much use a lot of items as it took a long time.

Cost me a wakestone though. That sucked.

As for its power roar, it didn't do anything to me in particular, but it sure as hell killed my pawns.

And apparently my stuff got 'forged in wyrmfire' after the fight. Whatever that means.