PDA

View Full Version : Have they ruined Lost Planet 3 already ?

ademlakey
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Kotaku has posted a video that IGN has posted on their german site showing some early LP3 gameplay. Heres the video here (http://kotaku.com/5912564/lost-planet-3-gameplay-footage-is-a-little-german). What do you guys think about it :mad:

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Why they even bothered to make a 3rd is beyond me. The series is terrible number 1 was fucking dreadful.

ademlakey
05-23-2012, 07:18 PM
I dont mind that they made a third, its just who they decided to develop the game. The guy looks like he's got sand in his butt when he's running around. Not to even mention the whole quicktime events bit.

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I remember playing the first. Must of spent about 2hours max then just binned it. Having to collect the heat stuff was the worst gaming idea ever. 2 was alot better but still meh

Gillomee
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Why is it that 2 out of 3 responses were people who already hated the series?

Anyways, on topic, I hate how this looks. I loved both the first and second games, They are actually some of my favorites. But this looks like garbage. It doesn't look like Lost Planet at all. I'll still buy it most likely day one, but I'm not getting my hopes up :(

Codemandan
06-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Welll on the fact that i just got the first one (Cause i'm poor and can't afford shit), it's not THAT bad, but it could be better. 2nd one looks okay. This one looks like shit.

ademlakey
06-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Played the first and second LP and I loved both. Kotaku has put another bit of news for LP3 on thier site. It shows the picture of the main charecter with a bolt action rifle ! which is apparently a family hierloom or some crap. These guys use mechs and advanced weaponry and they have the main guy choosing to use an old gun to kill aliens with :confused:

Heres the link for kotaku's info > (http://kotaku.com/5916956/a+yup-lost-planet-3-shoots-its-sci+fi-critters-with-an-old+timey-rifle)

eragon3443
12-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Anyways, on topic, I hate how this looks. I loved both the first and second games, They are actually some of my favorites. But this looks like garbage. It doesn't look like Lost Planet at all. I'll still buy it most likely day one, but I'm not getting my hopes up :(Yeah, same, I really couldn't wait for LP3 until I saw the trailers. I am a (one of the few) loyal LP fan.

quickhhh
03-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah, same, I really couldn't wait for LP3 until I saw the trailers. I am a (one of the few) loyal LP fan.

You're not, I remember playing Lost Planet 1 back in the day. It was the first game I've ever pre-order and I used to be in the top 100's on the leaderboards. Anyhow I'm not really sure how I feel about the changes so far I guess only time will tell.

the real a 0bsolete
03-06-2013, 08:59 PM
i loved 1, never played 2 because of the achievements.. number one spot on the leaderboards? fuck that. hopefully 3 will be good.

HellspawnRei
03-06-2013, 10:04 PM
i loved 1, never played 2 because of the achievements.. number one spot on the leaderboards? fuck that. hopefully 3 will be good.

Yep, i will agree.LP1 had a nice story,i even liked the MP.

BruTaLyZe
03-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Yep, i will agree.LP1 had a nice story,i even liked the MP.

I played LP1 for a crazy amount of hours on my previous GT. The story line never really worked for me, seeing I thought it was too simple and in lack of creativity, but the MP was awesome. I remember having a blast with the Japanese vs. Americans-matches. If LP3 has the same system, I'll definitely buy it.

BruTaLyZe
03-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I remember playing the first. Must of spent about 2hours max then just binned it. Having to collect the heat stuff was the worst gaming idea ever. 2 was alot better but still meh

In addition, collecting the "heat stuff" to survive is erased now. I agree it was a stupid idea; now they'll be using it as a form of currency to upgrade weapons and so on. This shows, again, how the game will be focusing on the western society.

Kazenji
05-19-2013, 09:28 AM
The game is looking good

but i'm holding off just in case if there's bugs/glitches

if you look up Spark Unlimited they also did Legendary & Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, I'm hoping that they've improved since then

and people disliked collecting the thermal energy....:confused:

suicidalmonkey8
07-19-2013, 11:16 AM
I love LP2 I thought it was a brilliant game but after watching the trailer for LP3 i'm not so sure what to thing of it to be honest probably one I will have to wait out.

kgould01
07-26-2013, 08:47 AM
i actually love the lp series. lp2 is one of my favorite games to date and i still play it. i am getting lp3 regardless what the critics or people say. also i didnt have a problem with collecting the thermal energy. i felt its one of the most challenging games on the hardest difficulty.

CHIRUNO99
07-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I thought the first was fine, it wasn't the best but it was still fun to play, LP2 not so much since it pushed co-op and pushed it hard.

As for the third, oh dear. It seems Capcom is starting to lose their touch once it comes to a 3, like another developer who can't even make a game with a 3 in it.[/overused joke]

Reggiez
08-16-2013, 09:31 AM
I haven't played any of the Lost Planet games through to the end. I did like the game world and also the mp in the first one (the limited amount of time I spent playing it). After looking at the Lost Planet 3 trailers I'm not certain it even looks or feels lika a Lost Planet game anymore.

I actually got more of a Dead Space 3 (also a game that strayed quite a bit from where the series started out) vibe which is very different. I'm not sure why this game is even made if they have decided to change this so drastically. Sometimes I think it would be better if they just started up a new series instead of taking one that has been dormant for awhile and just changing it completely.

waxc3
08-28-2013, 02:37 AM

Anyways, on topic, I hate how this looks. I loved both the first and second games, They are actually some of my favorites. But this looks like garbage. It doesn't look like Lost Planet at all. I'll still buy it most likely day one, but I'm not getting my hopes up :(.

An overabundance of negative Nellie's lately. Most of them also "hate" it after their long thirty minutes of gameplay.
Certainly explains why they're visiting the board huh? ..... Oh wait...

LoIQ
08-28-2013, 03:35 PM

An overabundance of negative Nellie's lately. Most of them also "hate" it after their long thirty minutes of gameplay.
Certainly explains why they're visiting the board huh? ..... Oh wait...

"Lately"??? You do realize you're quoting a post from over a year ago which refers to posts also over a year old. Good one...

waxc3
08-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Sorry toots but im referring to lots of the threads and posts here not just the one quoted. Better luck in your future gamer.