PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Servers?

M1 Punk
05-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Just wanna know before I make my decision on whether I'm gonna buy this game.

Does this game have stable lag free servers like Battlefield or laggy host quiting servers like in Call of Duty?

cHRiSCOe
05-23-2012, 11:11 PM
NO. Game is laggy as hell but probably just because it just came out

SweptbackFlame
05-23-2012, 11:14 PM
NO. Game is laggy as hell but probably just because it just came out

I have yet to experience any lag throughout a whole game, so I have no idea what your talking about, it's maybe happened once for about 10 seconds.

Kaskade
05-23-2012, 11:30 PM

Does this game have stable lag free servers like Battlefield or laggy host quiting servers like in Call of Duty?

No dedicated servers.person with best ping is host. The MP can be a bit laggy at sometimes but its really glaring on the kill cam. Also you may get stuck on a loading screen and will have to exit out to the dashboard.Another thing is that if you loose connection to the host/server you get exited out to the main title screen

XcS Dead Deer
05-23-2012, 11:51 PM
I haven't had any real lag issues other than once when my sister was skyping....then I lost my sound completely and just rebooted my box. No other problems

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Not had any lag yet. But theres some annoying little bugs nothing to major. Game is great aside my few complaints.

CrippleTron33
05-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I've had no trouble with lag but wish they would have dedicated servers. Sick of the host migrating half way through capping or defending an objective then it restarts and we miss out on the points.

chach7171
05-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm on the East coast US and I get lag nearly every other match. There are no region specific servers from what i've heard.

WalterWhite
05-26-2012, 07:12 PM

If it's stability you seek, look elsewhere. I didn't have any problems for the first two days and since the servers went down yesterday and have since been restored I have had problems in every match I've played. I'm gonna give this a week and then I'm cutting my losses. I'm sure I'll get some flak on here for not being patient and the game being new but those aren't good enough reasons to stick it out. The game has been in development for like the last 100 years and the Beta clearly did nothing to improve online stability. It's unacceptable in it's current state.

Here's what you can look forward to when you play Ghost Recon: Future Soldier online...

-Host Migrations. About 6 or 7 times per match. Sometimes resetting scores or completed objectives. It's awesome when you're playing Decoy and you're on the fourth objective and if there is a successful migration the round resets to the beginning. This happened twice to me last night which resulted in a loss once and complete disconnect the second time.

-Everybody on the map rubberbanding like crazy. Random bodies floating around in the air. I had a teammate floating in the air who had no arms and his gun was sticking out of his torso where his left arm should have been, then he disappeared, probably to the dashboard.

-Emptying clips in to people and not being able to kill them. This is fun when you're the invincible one. I was enjoying being invincible when I was at 9 out of 10 for the kill achievement until I got disconnected from the server (again).

-Waiting in an infinite pre-game lobby when the match countdown clock decides not to appear and sometimes having no way to leave the lobby other than dashboarding.

-Waiting to spawn in after a death and watching the respawn counter go 6-5-4-3-2-3-3-8-7-6-5-2-1-Press A to respawn, waiting, pressing A, not respawning. Then you spawn in a minute or two later, hopefully, not always.

-Using equipment with LB and it doesn't respond at all or there's a huge delay and as you're running away your UAV pops out of nowhere, or even better a grenade that knocks you and your teammates down or kills you.

-And finally, the various combinations of all of the above chaos melting together to create an almost artistic, glitchy, laggy, shitshow of a mess that serves as nothing more than a reason to make YouTube videos to show people all the things that make a multiplayer game unplayable.

When the game is working it's one of the best multiplayer experiences around but right now, it's severly broken.

MILLER 510
05-29-2012, 09:35 AM
If it's stability you seek, look elsewhere. I didn't have any problems for the first two days and since the servers went down yesterday and have since been restored I have had problems in every match I've played. I'm gonna give this a week and then I'm cutting my losses. I'm sure I'll get some flak on here for not being patient and the game being new but those aren't good enough reasons to stick it out. The game has been in development for like the last 100 years and the Beta clearly did nothing to improve online stability. It's unacceptable in it's current state.

Here's what you can look forward to when you play Ghost Recon: Future Soldier online...

-Host Migrations. About 6 or 7 times per match. Sometimes resetting scores or completed objectives. It's awesome when you're playing Decoy and you're on the fourth objective and if there is a successful migration the round resets to the beginning. This happened twice to me last night which resulted in a loss once and complete disconnect the second time.

-Everybody on the map rubberbanding like crazy. Random bodies floating around in the air. I had a teammate floating in the air who had no arms and his gun was sticking out of his torso where his left arm should have been, then he disappeared, probably to the dashboard.

-Emptying clips in to people and not being able to kill them. This is fun when you're the invincible one. I was enjoying being invincible when I was at 9 out of 10 for the kill achievement until I got disconnected from the server (again).

-Waiting in an infinite pre-game lobby when the match countdown clock decides not to appear and sometimes having no way to leave the lobby other than dashboarding.

-Waiting to spawn in after a death and watching the respawn counter go 6-5-4-3-2-3-3-8-7-6-5-2-1-Press A to respawn, waiting, pressing A, not respawning. Then you spawn in a minute or two later, hopefully, not always.

-Using equipment with LB and it doesn't respond at all or there's a huge delay and as you're running away your UAV pops out of nowhere, or even better a grenade that knocks you and your teammates down or kills you.

-And finally, the various combinations of all of the above chaos melting together to create an almost artistic, glitchy, laggy, shitshow of a mess that serves as nothing more than a reason to make YouTube videos to show people all the things that make a multiplayer game unplayable.

When the game is working it's one of the best multiplayer experiences around but right now, it's severly broken.

It's funny because this sounds so fake. I would of thought you were crazy. But you're telling the truth. This game has really bad lag.

ryzilla
05-29-2012, 10:00 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=371756

Need I say more lol

WalterWhite
05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
It's funny because this sounds so fake. I would of thought you were crazy. But you're telling the truth. This game has really bad lag.

The post does sound crazy and unbelieveable, but everything I wrote has happened to me. The only thing in that wall of text that was exagerrated was the game being in development for 100 years.

Metabolic XBA
05-29-2012, 07:27 PM

Weird. Played all night last night, without a single hiccup, other than some guy pretty much sniping with a shotgun lol.

WalterWhite
05-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Weird. Played all night last night, without a single hiccup, other than some guy pretty much sniping with a shotgun lol.

Good to hear, hopefully it's getting sorted. I haven't played in a couple days.

MyPetWorm
05-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Good to hear, hopefully it's getting sorted. I haven't played in a couple days.

It got better for me.

The first game I played today was laggy, would shock some one and wait 5 seconds for them to actually go down, then hack them, wait 5 seconds, mark them, wait 5 seconds, THEN kill them. Still got 7k that game :D

But that is the only laggy game I've had the last couple of days. Its a lot better than it was.