PDA

View Full Version : can somone explain GHOST ratings?

ajennice
05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I've got 80% or better in all but the FIRST mission (getting less then 35) and I can't see where I need to improve.
Playing on vet - no deaths/restarts. Killing almost everyone silently/stealth, 60% accuracy, got all the challenges..... wtf else can I do???

MicroCool
05-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a glitch to me. I got an 85 on the first mission and only completed 2 tac objectives. I've also got a couple 100's on missions which I don't get either. I don't think the challenges affect your score because they just unlock items. I think it's based on your whole squad etc.

xTGMx INF3RNO
05-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Complete objectives, dont been seen, silenced kills and team kills. i got 100/100 on mission 2 :L

XcS Dead Deer
05-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Go silent, get headshots, be accurate, use syn kills, and dont kill civilians. Do that and you'll have a high ghost score every time

Sarcasm
05-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Don't get detected. Get synchronized kills. Get head shots. Don't miss a lot. Don't die/get downed/restart. Mmm, not too sure what else you could do.

You could certainly try to go for all of the challenges, not too sure if it will help.

KFZ Scrubs
05-24-2012, 03:31 AM
I feel bad for you. I got 100, did no tac challenges and died multiple times.
Surprised it said 100/100 at the end

raptor_256
05-24-2012, 04:03 AM
not sure if dying affects it. but not killing innocents, accuracy, stealth, team kills affect it. not sure if difficulty is a factor here either...

KFZ Scrubs
05-24-2012, 04:24 AM
not sure if dying affects it. but not killing innocents, accuracy, stealth, team kills affect it. not sure if difficulty is a factor here either...

I don't think deaths affect it. I died a crap ton of times and had to do a bunch of check points again. I'm playing elite and my accuracy and head shots aren't so good... but so far I've gotten a 100 and a 97

ajennice
05-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Who knows... I replayed that mission earlier today and did everything like I did previously... got a 86/100. Wish they had a checklist for th e80+ for the cheeve. I know they have the 60+ for challenge.....

PowerPyx
05-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Playing on vet - no deaths/restarts. Killing almost everyone silently/stealth, 60% accuracy, got all the challenges..... wtf else can I do???

Play on Elite. There is a difficulty multiplier for your ghost rating. I think the only difference between the difficulties is, that your teammates cannot revive you on Elite.
It doesn't matter if you die.... that doesn't influence your ghost rating at all.

The following criteria is important for the ratings:

accuracy (not too important, already got 100% ghost rating while having 40% accuracy)
silenced kills (kill your enemies without being detected)
synched team kills (greatly boosts up your final rating... always kill enemies together with your team or let them take out enemies and camp in a silent corner)
CQB / Melee kills (also a nice and easy way to boost up your rating. If you have the chance then kill them with CQB. It also counts if you melee them in combat - after being spotted)
headshots (always go for headshots when performing stealth kills where you cannot use CQB)

eiVaL
05-24-2012, 05:42 PM
basically everything it lists after the mission determine the score

and if you're getting only 60% accuracy you need to switch to a single shot trigger

Goldtacto
05-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Play on Elite. There is a difficulty multiplier for your ghost rating. I think the only difference between the difficulties is, that your teammates cannot revive you on Elite.
It doesn't matter if you die.... that doesn't influence your ghost rating at all.

The following criteria is important for the ratings:

accuracy (not too important, already got 100% ghost rating while having 40% accuracy)
silenced kills (kill your enemies without being detected)
synched team kills (greatly boosts up your final rating... always kill enemies together with your team or let them take out enemies and camp in a silent corner)
CQB / Melee kills (also a nice and easy way to boost up your rating. If you have the chance then kill them with CQB. It also counts if you melee them in combat - after being spotted)
headshots (always go for headshots when performing stealth kills where you cannot use CQB)

Funny I was watching your walkthroughs and what i'm having trouble with is the mission "Silent Talon" when you use the Warhound, I can't figure out for the life of me how to get a good rating on this level. Even in your walkthrough you only scored a 77/100 or something close to that.

XcS Dead Deer
05-24-2012, 06:50 PM
I dont know if you do stealth kills often (as in creeping up on them and then breaking their neck/stealth shoting), but that seems to GREATLY* affect the score. I just did the mission that requires 40 neck breaks and got a perfect 100/100.

* - may just be due to massive amount of stealth kills