PDA

View Full Version : Region differences?

da1koopa
05-24-2012, 02:59 AM
I just noticed in the settings you can choose what region game you want to play. The NA and PAL versions have a slightly different aspect ratio, but share the same save file. The JAP version has it's own save, Japanese text, and when you die it returns you to an Inn instead of giving you a game over (kind of takes away the importance of Return magic...). Oh and also the guy in the tree at the start doesn't give you the fire storm magic - maybe you start with it I forgot to check - you definitely start with an elixir. I don't read Japanese so I have no idea what the guy is saying instead. Anyone know of any other differences?

Arron114
05-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Cheers, i was wondering that myself. The jpn version sounds easy with auto warp! I forgot to pick return magic up and have to swim back from posidion now. pain n the arse.

Exu
05-25-2012, 01:32 AM
The final boss is far FAR easier on the Japanese version, it doesn't have the conveyor belt and sawblade.

Cla55y
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
The final boss is far FAR easier on the Japanese version, it doesn't have the conveyor belt and sawblade.

:eek: wow, wish i had known that before i hurled 1000 abuses at the blade! These games are still awesome none the less. This one being my favourite thus far.

vegansound
12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for those infos, I was myself wondering that too.

Anyway, I guess we're a lot to not understand Japanese here, so we won't be able to get the easy playthrough.
That way, what are the differences between the North American version and the European one? I noticed that in EU, there are two blue bands above and below the screen. And that the US version has a slighty bigger screen size. Otherwise, both version are in English.

So are there any other differeces? Difficulty ones? I'd like to stard this game soon, but not before having more details on version differences.

Thanks!