PDA

View Full Version : No explanation for anything...

essentre
05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Does anyone else find it annoying that there is essentially NO explanation or instruction for the multiplayer? There's stuff going on and I have no idea what it does or means.

For example... I see my teammates hacking the other team. I have no idea what that does or how to do it. I'll be running around and I get detected. Is that from an enemy camera? Can I avoid it?

It seems theres a ton of stuff that you should know how to use for an advantage and I have no idea what it is!

MicroCool
05-24-2012, 05:06 PM
If you go to the Extras section there is a game manual that's tells and gives you tips on each Multiplayer mode. Also using a mic helps so you can talk to your squad.

Bajan Elite
05-24-2012, 05:15 PM
As the post above me stated in game manual. Though I learned about hacking and cameras and such by 1 following the game watching videos and 2 playing the beta. If you are spotted by an enemy camera then move so you are out of its line of sight. If you manage to see the camera then shoot it.

WalterWhite
05-24-2012, 06:46 PM
While it's true that there is an in-game manual, it's not that helpful either. For instance I was trying to figure out how to do coordinated kills in multiplayer and it only gives a vague explaination of it. I still don't really know how to make it happen. I know you have do it after an intel objective capture or a player hack but beyond that I don't know how to actually put it into action. Also it refers to certain in-game actions differently than what they're called when you actually play. Example: The manual refers to enemy hacking as "data mugging" or something to that effect. So yeah I agree, after 12 hours of multiplayer I know I'm not playing this to it's full potential (which is amazing) because I don't know how to.

For the guy who asked how to hack somebody, what you want to do is have a stun-gun as your secondary weapon (or as an underbarrel attachment, press up on the D-pad to select underbarrel) and stun an enemy with it (you have to get pretty close as it's range is very short, you can upgrade it later) and when he's incapacitated you'll hold the X button over his body and you'll hack his intel which will reveal his entire teams location on the map for a period of time. Hacking in this game is serious, it will win or lose matches for you in a big way. Alternatively you can shoot an enemy in the legs until they go down but don't die, and then hack them. If you stun them don't forget that they aren't dead afterwards, and either finish them off or get away. I had someone stun and hack me last night and his squad spawned in on him and they didn't finish me. They all wound up on the losing end of a shotgun when I got up.

Other than some confusion this is the best multiplayer experience I have had in years. The confusion is kind of nice though because this game demands to be played differently than all the other modern shooters around.

XcS Dead Deer
05-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Some stuff, such as hacking, is in the In-Game manual under EXTRAS. However, a lot of it isn't.

I.E - can you roll while crouched or running? Because either i lagged out, or somehow rolled (not while prone) and can't figure out how I did it

-Random definitions (such as the achievement anything you can do. No idea what "through the volleys" means)

WalterWhite
05-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Some stuff, such as hacking, is in the In-Game manual under EXTRAS. However, a lot of it isn't.

I.E - can you roll while crouched or running? Because either i lagged out, or somehow rolled (not while prone) and can't figure out how I did it

-Random definitions (such as the achievement anything you can do. No idea what "through the volleys" means)

While you're prone tap the left stick in either direction and you'll roll that way. Yeah, still no clue what a volley is.

XcS Dead Deer
05-24-2012, 07:12 PM
While you're prone tap the left stick in either direction and you'll roll that way. Yeah, still no clue what a volley is.

Haha, that's why I said not while prone, because i'm aware of how that works. But i'd swear one time I was crouched and somehow rolled in a direction

WalterWhite
05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Sorry dude, I'm sure it'll help someone else out then!