PDA

View Full Version : Using PAL 360 in the States

cc99999
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Continuing my quest of playing EVERY 360 game, I'm exchanging one of my NTSC boxes for a PAL box.

The question I have is, and it's an expensive one if I get this wrong...

Can I use an NTSC 360 Power supply and plug to power the thing up?

Also, can I use the VGA cord to a standard monitor?

Thanks for the help...

I can't wait to play those soccer sims.

CovertDog
08-29-2007, 07:19 PM
I believe you can. Buddy of mine bought his in the states and when he returned to Holland an pluged it in, POOF. It ruined his power box. I believe he just had to get a Pal power box. I would think it would be the same in reverse. DON'T TAKE THIS AS A DIFFENITE YES. I don't want to be held responsable if it is wrong. Next time I talk to him i'll ask to make sure.

Minty
08-29-2007, 07:58 PM
A Pal system will be designed to run on 220-240 volts rather than the 110 in the US, so your going to need to transform the power supply.

Clipse 2
08-29-2007, 09:23 PM
The power pack takes an AC current and converts it DC current. Normally a PAL system would need a PAL power pack in its 'home' country, but since you are using it here you should be able to use an NTSC power pack. Your electrical outlets are 110 volt AC, that will be converted by the power pack to the 12 volts DC. Either way you cut it the power pack converts everything down to 12 volts DC.

The only reason you would need a PAL power back is if you ran it on a 220/240 volts AC power outlet.

So YES as long as you use it at home where your outlets are 110 volt AC you "should" be able to run a PAL console on an NTSC power pack.

Jdm
08-30-2007, 01:16 AM
just use the NTSC power pack!

Also if you want to swap I want an NTSC system I have two PAL box's getting a 3rd PAL one soon

I borrowed an NTSC box and ran it with my PAL power pack so no transformer needed.

All box's run on 12 volts so only difference is the power pack

I'm actually in the market for a PAL 360 and I'm glad that CC created this thread because I wanted to ask the same questions. Thanks guys!