PDA

View Full Version : No Dragons Trap?

StrikeAnywhereX
05-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Pretty gutted this didn't include Dragons Trap. Or even Wonderboy the original for that matter. Yeah, it was borderline trash... but I sunk many hours in as a kid. Dragons Trap however devoured most of my childhood, and I think sthis should have been included. Anyone know of future releases? Maybe for another Sega Vintage Collection?

The Pants Party
05-25-2012, 02:36 AM
This is a Monster World collection, not a Wonder Boy collection. Maybe the other three will come in another collection as Sega Vintage Collection: Wonder Boy, if this sells well. Just bought mine tonight but I'll be finishing a few other arcades before I tackle it.

HulkSmash
05-26-2012, 08:17 PM
You can get dragon's trap for the wii if you really want to re-live your memories.

cloud7str1fe
05-26-2012, 09:14 PM
This is a Monster World collection, not a Wonder Boy collection. Maybe the other three will come in another collection as Sega Vintage Collection: Wonder Boy, if this sells well. Just bought mine tonight but I'll be finishing a few other arcades before I tackle it.

Dragon's trap was actually a monster world game, it's the 2nd one with the 2 games in this collection being the 1st, 3rd and 4th.

The Pants Party
05-27-2012, 03:01 AM
Dragon's trap was actually a monster world game, it's the 2nd one with the 2 games in this collection being the 1st, 3rd and 4th.

I am well aware that Dragon's Trap is a Wonder Boy game and in the same series as these, but it did not take place in Monster World like these three games. Hence, it is not a Monster World title - just a Wonder Boy title. And since this is a Monster World collection, Dragon's Trap does not belong.

Cla55y
05-27-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm no expert, I was new to the games last Wednesday, but according to wikipedia it's part of both

Part of both series
Super Wonder Boy: Monster World
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Wonder Boy V Monster World III
Exclusive to the Wonder Boy series
Wonder Boy
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
Exclusive to the Monster World series
Monster World IV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Boy

Not trying to fuel the argument, I'd love to see them bring all of them out. Wonder Boy or Monster World

The Pants Party
05-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Huh, weird. I never associated it at all with being in the MW side of the series.

Off-topic, but you writing a guide? I dled it but I am doing the Two World 2 DLC and finishing Fusion: Genesis first.

Cla55y
05-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Huh, weird. I never associated it at all with being in the MW side of the series.

Off-topic, but you writing a guide? I dled it but I am doing the Two World 2 DLC and finishing Fusion: Genesis first.

I was going to, I had it started in a word doc, but someone beat me to it.

Maybe I'll post it anyway, seems a shame to waste the stuff I've already done.

Paka
06-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Hope so! Dragon's Trap was probably my favorite of the series. I'm just downloading the collection now, I can't believe I didn't realize before now they put Wonder Boy games on there!! :eek:

Bahaumaut
11-21-2012, 02:39 AM
As a note, Dragon's Trap / Dragon's Curse (the TG16 one) proceeds immediately before the end of Monster Land. The end boss of Monster Land is turned into an easy starting enemy, except it's the start of a whole new adventure, immediately following its storyline.

Fun game, and I think it even made use of the extension pack for the TG16 that had on-board save memory.