PDA

View Full Version : The Live Eye - see how much time you spend on live!

Xterm1n8or
08-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Firstly to the mods i searched for this using search but alot of entries came up because of the word live so feel free to delete if this has already been posted.

I found a website called theliveeye.com which you basically sign up to and it tracks how long you are on live for. So for example if you sign up today like i have and look back in a few weeks, it will tell you how many hours, minutes and seconds you have played live for since you signed up, and how long in which games etc. I think you'll agree its quite nifty.

I just wish i had heard about it in dec 05 when i first got my 360 because like most of you i bet ive spent 100s of hours playing 360, but better late than never i suppose. Here's the link, you need to register but it is all free etc and takes all of 5 mins then you are good to go:

http://www.theliveeye.com/

teh x3nomorph
08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh Lord No.

I don't need to see how many hours of my week Ive wasted on games. :p

My brothers all play WoW, and it tracks how long you have been playing, my youngest brother is up to like 3 months solid of playtime if it was in 1 continuous sitting.

sln333
08-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the site. I referred you, so now I just have to wait until my account is validated by one of the staff.

DaKing240
08-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Zaam It and Squidpunch run a great site, I have had an account since the Beta days...

PerpetualHeaven
08-29-2007, 04:04 PM
That's pretty cool. I'm signing up right now. I probably would have clocked in some serious hours last year but the hours now are minimal.

Gun-Nut
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I've been singed up for awhile now, shame I did not know about this when I first got LIVE :P I would have more then 11 days worth of play time >< and much more time on Gears then like 12 hours :P Ah well, I'm sure Halo 3 will climb my list, until Guitar Hero 3 hits of course ;)

JJBDude
08-29-2007, 05:14 PM
I thought I made a thread on this half a year or so ago, but I searched for it and was unable to find.

But yes this is a great site, I've played for 23 days and 19 hours since the start of the year heheh. Only problem is it doesn't record your completed retail titles right, it only records it if you have played the game since you signed up, so the likes of NBA Live 06 which i played ages ago arent listed as completed. :(

Gun-Nut
08-29-2007, 06:52 PM
I thought I made a thread on this half a year or so ago, but I searched for it and was unable to find.

But yes this is a great site, I've played for 23 days and 19 hours since the start of the year heheh. Only problem is it doesn't record your completed retail titles right, it only records it if you have played the game since you signed up, so the likes of NBA Live 06 which i played ages ago arent listed as completed. :(

Yeah I noticed that problem with NBA 2K6 which is missing for me but I could just put it in and it would count :P but not got round to it.

Bluntman428
08-29-2007, 09:26 PM
I really don't want to know.

Seriously.

Clipse 2
08-29-2007, 09:37 PM
I've been a member since June. I figured everyone already knew about this as it was part of 360FriendSpot.com which is an Affiliate site of the Org; located on the front page. It's actually pretty interesting to look through your stats and other people's stats. It gives you good insight as to gamers who are nuts about games. Such as gamertag cyberhookup who has spent 42 Days 20 hours and 9 minutes playing Gears of War. Interesting huh...

Dark Kitsune
08-29-2007, 09:44 PM
That's so creepy. It is almost like a voluntary spyware :p I do not need to know how much Final Fantasy XI time I rack up on Live with 5 years of playing it on the PC :p

Squidpunch
08-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah I noticed that problem with NBA 2K6 which is missing for me but I could just put it in and it would count :P but not got round to it.

you can also request the 360friendspot for a manual correction if you no longer have the game ;)

glad you guys are digging the site -

Squidpunch
www.360friendspot.com (http://www.360friendspot.com)
www.theliveeye.com (http://www.theliveeye.com)
www.squidpunch.com (http://www.squidpunch.com)

Tussell
08-30-2007, 12:53 AM
Not only am I afraid to see the numbers, it's going to be stupid because it won't be all of them. :(

Jdm
08-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I also do not want to see how many hours I've spent on XBL. However, I am curious. I'll sign up anyways.

I played a lot more last year. This year, I haven't been playing as often as I want to.

Clipse 2
08-30-2007, 01:14 AM
For the record it doesn't show you a cumulative amount of time which you've been on Live; only from when you sign up. So if you sign up today, it will show 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes. It doesn't go back into the past other than looking up games you've completed (and I'm not 100% sure it does that). If it were cumulative it would show me playing N3 A LOT longer than just 15 hours.

Danny Dibo
08-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Yesss!
Finally a site that will validate just how little of a life I have and how I play 360 just wayyy too much.

Even still, I kinda wanna know how much I play a week.

Danny Dibo
08-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Sorry for the double post..
What was that someone was saying about getting games you no longer play added to the list??
You have to message the admin, or what?

Bobtroid
08-30-2007, 04:38 AM
haha wow if only this around in Oct 06 when I first got live

cyberhookup
08-30-2007, 06:46 AM
I've been a member since June. I figured everyone already knew about this as it was part of 360FriendSpot.com which is an Affiliate site of the Org; located on the front page. It's actually pretty interesting to look through your stats and other people's stats. It gives you good insight as to gamers who are nuts about games. Such as gamertag cyberhookup who has spent 42 Days 20 hours and 9 minutes playing Gears of War. Interesting huh...

Ha thats me. I have been signed up for that site since August I think. I actually like it. It tells me how much of a + grade loser I am lol. I love the game Gears. It kicks so much a$$ its not even funny. Although I think needs a lot of work done before I'll spend the amount of time I do on the multi player part of the game. To bad I didn't know about the site when I got live 2 years ago. I'm sure I would have logged over a year and a half of playing since then.

Squidpunch
08-30-2007, 07:36 PM
For the record it doesn't show you a cumulative amount of time which you've been on Live; only from when you sign up. So if you sign up today, it will show 0 days 0 hours 0 minutes. It doesn't go back into the past other than looking up games you've completed (and I'm not 100% sure it does that). If it were cumulative it would show me playing N3 A LOT longer than just 15 hours.

yeah this is a restriction by microsoft - we can only see what you are currently doing - so we have no way of getting previous play times from microsoft.

the completed games is based on your gamercard information, again a restriction from microsoft allows us to see only the last 16 games you have played - which is why a completed game can be added by simply putting it in your 360 for a few moments.

Sorry for the double post..
What was that someone was saying about getting games you no longer play added to the list??
You have to message the admin, or what?

if still own the game, just fire it up for a few moments, if you no longer have access to the game just post in the 'live eye get help forum' (http://www.360friendspot.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76) at 360friendspot and we will verify and update them when time permits.

Most Frantic
08-31-2007, 01:40 AM
Haha for a lot of people that thing is going to tell you a much higher number than you want to hear...

TimmayTheTurtle
08-31-2007, 01:43 AM
Haha for a lot of people that thing is going to tell you a much higher number than you want to hear...

lmao exactly wat i was thinking

Mirksta
08-31-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't wanna know lol

cyberhookup
09-01-2007, 01:39 AM
I don't wanna know lol

Why not? I think its kinda cool to see how much time you spend on live or playing video games.

TimmayTheTurtle
09-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Why not? I think its kinda cool to see how much time you spend on live or playing video games.

cuz when if you spend too much time? than you feel dumb.

i want to do it. but like i really dont feel like signing up for the site.

cyberhookup
09-01-2007, 02:26 AM
cuz when if you spend too much time? than you feel dumb.

i want to do it. but like i really dont feel like signing up for the site.

Well then I would have to say your lazy lol. I don't feel dumb when i look at my time i have played on live. I look at it as an achievement.

Dr Buttcrack
09-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Cool thanks for the link. Sucks that the 360 itself doesn't keep track of playtime like the Wii, but atleast I've got the counter started now

cyberhookup
09-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Cool thanks for the link. Sucks that the 360 itself doesn't keep track of playtime like the Wii, but atleast I've got the counter started now
Yeah that would be pretty cool if it did it automatically.

JJ UK
09-03-2007, 12:00 AM
This is pretty cool, but I wish I would have known about it at the start of my subscription! most of these days im not evven connected to live :/