PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER FREE Question about the Ending Achievements and NG+

BloodGodAlucard
05-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I can't stress enough that I want this to be a spoiler free topic. Please don't be a dick and post any. I know that most people on this site are cool and wouldn't do this. But there are a few trolls on this site that might.

I've heard there are three ending achievements. I don't want to know anything about them. I just want to know if you can do a new game plus from any of them or only from the "good" one?

Thanks to anyone that knows.

Vigor
05-25-2012, 11:58 AM
I heard you can do a NG+ no matter the outcome, the option will always be there.

BloodGodAlucard
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks Vigor. That's what I was hoping for. :)

Vigor
05-25-2012, 12:04 PM
You're welcome, BloodGodAlucard :)
I'm glad the option is there to carry over level and equipment.
Picking the game up later today and planning on gaming non-stop over the weekend, can't wait to explore the entire world.

How's your game going so far?

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-25-2012, 01:41 PM
I heard you can do a NG+ no matter the outcome, the option will always be there.
It not really a new game plus as much as it is post game stuff. Im pretty sure there is no ng+. If you want to start over, you have to start all over. But the game is much more better post game. All the awesome monsters you fight are post game as well. And you dont have to complete every quest before going to the "final battle". It will be there when your done with it. As far as time goes, Im the second fastest person on the leaderboards right now to beat the Ur-Dragon, which is a post game boss, and Im on 5th generation Ur-Dragon

Vigor
05-25-2012, 02:09 PM
The game does have a NG+, entirely different than the post-game activities you're talking about right now.

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-25-2012, 02:20 PM
The game does have a NG+, entirely different than the post-game activities you're talking about right now.
Ah alrite. I dont know when this option becomes available then because Ive done absolutely everything in the game. Maybe I have to wait for a quest to become active or something. The guide book says that for the beating the game a second time, you have to start up a clear game. Not sure what clear game means if theres new game plus

And as for the ending achievements, you can get most of them in 1 playthrough. I dont know if youve read the achievement descriptions or not but I dont want to ruin anything. Theres a choice you have to make at the end whether to fight or not. You can choose not to fight and get the achievement, and the game then asks you to reload checkpoint, so just reload it right there and then fight

BloodGodAlucard
05-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the tip about the ending achievements. I'll keep that in mind. I had no idea there was so much post-game content to look forward to. That's great. It really reminds me of old school JRPGs like Final Fantasy that really open up after the final boss.

I believe the clear data is just like in the old Final Fantasy games. Once you beat the game you got a clear data save. With it you could start from the beginning of the game with all of your weapons, armor, levels, etc. I don't know for sure if that's how it works in this game or not. That's just a theory.

My game's going pretty well so far. I'm trying to explore everywhere before moving on to new areas. So I'm frequently running into mobs that are too strong for me at the moment. I'm really having problems with the first golem that I've fought.

For some reason my main pawn, who is a fighter btw, won't climb on enemies. I'm a mage so I can't really do anything against the golem. I know you have to strike the glowing points on it's body to kill it. (Shadows of the Colossus style.) My pawn even mentions this is it's weakness. He just won't scale the monster. In fact I can't recall him ever doing it in any previous fights.

Is there a way to make my AI pawn start to do this in battles? Is there a strategy for killing golems with spells? I tried all of the ones I know to no avail. I also don't have an archer with me. I thought maybe rolling with 3 mages and a fighter would work. I guess I'll try turning my fighter into a warrior for more DPS. Then I'll swap out one of the mages for a Strider/Ranger.

Thanks for any tips you guys can offer. I'm really stuck on this thing and think I might just have to come back to it later with a better party.

BloodGodAlucard
05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
I found topic on another forum that says how to access new game plus. I'll link it here to help others.

http://www.gamespot.com/dragons-dogma/forum/wtf-spoilers-29175911/

That's a very odd choice. I don't understand why they don't just make it an option from the main menu. Then again I don't have a clue what they're talking about since I haven't beaten the game yet and don't want to spoil it for myself by looking into it further.

It sounds cool though.

koga88
05-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah the new game + is actually handled rather intelligently for the game. Since this is spoiler free I won't mention it as it happens but it does carry over all of your levels, your items go into storage and can be accessed in the first inn and all of your vocation levels.

BloodGodAlucard
05-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah the new game + is actually handled rather intelligently for the game. Since this is spoiler free I won't mention it as it happens but it does carry over all of your levels, your items go into storage and can be accessed in the first inn and all of your vocation levels.

Thanks I'll remember that.

Taiyz
05-26-2012, 04:06 AM
Two (relatively) quick questions.

1) So, all the items in your inventory go into storage when you start a NG+, do you keep the pre-existing contents of your storage as well? (Dumb question but hey, devs make weird decisions sometimes)

2) Do you start as one of the basic vocations and have to make it to...Wherever it is that lets you change vocations (Gran Soren? I've been playing in the starting areas for a long time instead of advancing,) or can you start your NG+ as an advanced or hybrid vocation?

I just want to know because I don't want to screw up my stat growth; I plan on playing Assassin and if in a NG+ I have to play as a Strider for a while then I'll make sure to level up just before starting my NG+ to give me some time to reach GS.