PDA

View Full Version : "Congratulations!" Achievement help.

Cla55y
05-25-2012, 03:10 PM
So I just finished Monster World IV after having finished Wonder Boy in Monster World and Wonder Boy in Monster Land before that.

But I didn't get my achievement. I watched the credits all the way through till I was back at the menu on all 3. Anyone else had any problems?

VixyNyan
05-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I didn't get the problem. I played in chronological order, Monster Land, then Monster World IV, then Monster World (MW5 in Japan). The achievement popped up right at the ending/staff roll screen.

Also I'm the first on TrueAchievements to get the 200gs~ <3 (http://www.trueachievements.com/Monster-World-Collection-xbox-360.htm?gamerid=284902)

Importantly, it's recommended you do a save "state" near the end of each game (or at the final hit of the final boss before you kill it), to make sure that the System Data can keep track of your game beatings. ^^;

By any chance, did you change any of the regions for each game? I had mine all on English/North American, and it worked just fine.

Cla55y
05-26-2012, 12:25 AM
I didn't get the problem. I played in chronological order, Monster Land, then Monster World IV, then Monster World (MW5 in Japan). The achievement popped up right at the ending/staff roll screen.

Also I'm the first on TrueAchievements to get the 200gs~ <3 (http://www.trueachievements.com/Monster-World-Collection-xbox-360.htm?gamerid=284902)

Importantly, it's recommended you do a save "state" near the end of each game (or at the final hit of the final boss before you kill it), to make sure that the System Data can keep track of your game beatings. ^^;

By any chance, did you change any of the regions for each game? I had mine all on English/North American, and it worked just fine.

I had Wonder Boy in Monster Land on Europe setting I believe. I have a save at the end of each game and re beaten them all a few times over now and nothing :/ I also played chronologically. (WBinML, WBinMW, MWIV) Maybe it was the European setting on MWorld then :/ looks like ill have to redo that one all over. At least that was my favourite

UPDATE: I just tried loaded a game in the NA on WBinMW (in game, not save state (save state won't allow it)) and re-beat the final castle/boss, still got nothing. Guess i'll have to try doing the whole game over. Make sure i reset everything to default. Really hope i don't have to play monster land again. that dragon was a pain :/

VixyNyan
05-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't think the choice of region really matter much. My default settings is Japanese because I have a Japanese account and Japanese console (but I live in Europe). ^^;

There's a few things I "could" suggest for you, so bear with me here, I'm just trying to help.

OK ready? Here's what you can do:

Make a save state (or normal save) of each game near the end or where you will be able to beat the last bosses with 1 hit or so. Check your Xbox hard drive storage so that there's a savefile for each game. Make a backup of those 3 savefiles and System Data to a USB drive or similar just in case (although I didn't need to do this).

Delete the System Data, but keep the 3 savefiles for each game. Start up the collection and choose to load each game in any order you want (as long as you still have a file for each of them). If you want, you can also delete the game and redownload it from marketplace.

Now here's the specific thing I did in each game. When you beat any game, watch the ending and/or staff roll all the way through until you get sent to the game's title screen. If you don't get sent to a title screen and the ending just sits still there, press the game's Start button (default Play button on your Xbox controller), you will be sent to the game's title screen. Press Back button on controller. It will show the pink diskette icon at the top of the screen. Now it should be safe to make an extra save state and exit that game. Do the same for the other two games. Hopefully that should work! :3

Just to let you know, I didn't have to do the System Data deleting or file backup when I unlocked this. All I did was play the games normally, one by one, I picked Monster Land first, then Monster World 4 (the game you play as Asha) and finally I picked Monster World (the game you play as Shion). In each game I picked English or North America version. The moment I beat the last boss and saw the space and star screen (before the yellow staff text appeared), the achievement popped up! >w<

I don't think the achievement is glitchy. It just needs to be unlocked in a precise specific way. x.x

DROGTURIST
05-26-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm thinking that Monster Land is the culprit behind any issues with this game. Since it's an arcade game it doesn't allow you to manually trigger a save to System Data, like the other two do. Too bad too, since that's the least fun game in this collection imo.

I'd say Vixy's suggestion of keeping the save states but deleting everything else and just killing each end boss again is your best bet. If that doesn't work, there is glitchyness going on with this one for sure. (Or it's one of those pesky games that saves shit to your gamertag so you can never get rid of it.)

Cla55y
05-26-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking that Monster Land is the culprit behind any issues with this game. Since it's an arcade game it doesn't allow you to manually trigger a save to System Data, like the other two do. Too bad too, since that's the least fun game in this collection imo.

I'd say Vixy's suggestion of keeping the save states but deleting everything else and just killing each end boss again is your best bet. If that doesn't work, there is glitchyness going on with this one for sure. (Or it's one of those pesky games that saves shit to your gamertag so you can never get rid of it.)

I'll go try that now. I just beat WB in Monster Land on the North American setting. No luck :/ so region wasn't the problem.

That WB in Monster World boss is starting to drive me nuts. Sooooooooo cheap.

UPDATE: Did all of that and still nothing. I can't get the Monster Land to give me that pink spinning thing, but I can the other 2. 1 Thing I noticed is on the dragon when i deal the final blow while he is exploding the sand timer flips. Which should kill me as I only have half a heart left. So im wondering if maybe the game thinks im dead so therefore didn't "clear" it.

Another question, did you have the Legendary equipment on at the end of all 3? I only had it on for MW and MWIV...

UPDATE 2: Just re-did the dragon boss on monster land and had enough time where it didn't flip over. Still nothing. That just leaves me with my legendary armour theory. Past that all I can think of is deleting EVERYTHING and starting over... and that would suck.

FINAL UPDATE!: Just got the achievement. It was either 1 of 2 things. The legendary armour i mentioned above OR you must do Monster Land with NO continues. The latter of the 2 seems more realistic. Popped as soon as the credits started to roll. Also made it so i got the pink spinning icon in the corner when i hit back.

SO i anyone else has this problem, Delete the System Data and redo the bosses and see which ones you get the pink saving icon after the credits (or during) if you don't get it the you haven't "cleared" that game

prowlerdante
05-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Wow, that definitely seems like a pain in the ass, as the first game is terrible, and the other two arent that bad. I played the first one up until the King Kong boss and I gave up as it seems like a major pain in the ass. I'm definitely going to try again once I finish Monster World IV though.