PDA

View Full Version : Steel Battalion

Worhammer
05-25-2012, 03:17 PM
The demo for this game was released yesterday. If you haven't tried it, I strongly suggest downloading it.

It's an amazing game, the original was awesome on the old xbox. I can't wait for this. It uses a mix of kinect and the controller, and the hand gestures are very accurate from my little bit with the demo.

Comes out June 19th here in the states. Can't wait for this game.

mrj3d
05-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh really? I must've missed it. I'm excited to try this out for myself.

HellspawnRei
05-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks Wor downloading it now...

DarkReign2021
05-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Does it work sitting down or is this another game where we're forced to stand up? My living quarters at the moment are a little cramped, so using the Kinect's motion abilities are out of the question unless they can be done from my recliner. So far nothing has been able to read me smoothly enough to be playable.

Worhammer
05-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Most of it is actually sitting down. There are a few where you stand up, but there is no moving involved. You just have to stand up to look out the top of your VT. It's actually pretty sweet the way they've done it.

I'm kinda sad I can't use my old 300 button controller though. Making me want to break it out and play the original again...

If anybody got this game today, I would love to have a co-op partner or three. Hit me up.

Crypt
06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I personally thought the demo was blah. The concept is great but the kinect as is right now, just is not strong enough for it. I go to do this and it does something else.

Slaughter XBA
02-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Kinect fucked up this game, makes me sad.