PDA

View Full Version : idol shop quests no spoilers please

murderousknight
05-25-2012, 05:16 PM
so the quests that you need to give certain idols to a shop i have a questions does the upgraded gear carry over to new game plus for example if i gave all idols to the weapon guy would he still carry that gear in ng+ or would it be better to save the idol first time around and upgrade both shops in ng+

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-25-2012, 05:22 PM
so the quests that you need to give certain idols to a shop i have a questions does the upgraded gear carry over to new game plus for example if i gave all idols to the weapon guy would he still carry that gear in ng+ or would it be better to save the idol first time around and upgrade both shops in ng+
Pretty sure it doesnt carry over. You can only get 1 gold idol in the game so use it wisely. If your starting a new game plus im pretty sure you can get another gold idol since its another game so you can give gold idols to both madaliene and caxton if you save it. I dunno if quest items carry over though

Trauma Therapy
05-25-2012, 06:11 PM
There's a bronze, silver, and gold idol in the game. So you could give them both idols in both playthroughs.

Not sure if you get as good of gear though.

ponypo2001
05-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Just a thought, could you not make a forgery of one and give one of the people the forged idol?

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Just a thought, could you not make a forgery of one and give one of the people the forged idol?
No you will get even worse stuff than if you hand in the bronze statue. If you happened to miss out on getting the gold idol, if you have a friend who has one, he could send it to you in the rift. Just have him make a back up save on a USB, and using the backup save go into the rift with the golden idol, hire and release your pawn, gift you the idol, go and sleep at and then you go sleep at an in and you should have the idol. You wont get it until the person who gifts it sleeps at an inn. Then just delete that save and continue from your regular save. And also you cant gift a person a golden idol twice, because it will just show up as a rock

BBowles
05-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Suggestions on who to give which idol to and why?

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Suggestions on who to give which idol to and why?
Madeline has more daggers and magical equipement, caxton has more equipment for fighters/warriors, plus some magical. Theres no exclusive weapon to either shop anyways, its just that some are super rare drops. I gave the gold to caxton and silver to Madeline. She still gets good stuff with the silver, plus I had my affinity maxed with her so I got even more stuff.