PDA

View Full Version : The Wreck/Way of the Ninja-Help please?

Jake1782
05-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Been trying to get gold medal on these 2 tracks for a long time now as I have gold on all the other tracks, and I just cannot get close, not even remotely close. If anyone has any tips or sure-fire way to do; the obstacle on the Wreck where you have to hop across the burning log (the 3rd obstacle), or the second to last obstacle on the Wreck where you go over the barrel on top of a slope, and lastly the obstacle on Way of the Ninja where you are required to jump across 3 slanted boxes that are spaced VERY far apart, please help me out. I've watched countless replays and tried everything and these 3 obstacles are the primary ones messing me up. Not to mention just how long Way of the Ninja is :mad:
Thanks

Dr4gOnsFuRy
05-27-2012, 07:48 PM
I am no expert but hopefully these tips can help you out.

The burning log - Best way to do this is 2 consecutive bunny hops, from the checkpoint lean forward, start to accelerate, then lean back quickly and push yourself foraward, at this point you should lean back and you will find yourself landing your back wheel on the log and from here you will need to push yourself forward again to make the jump. It might sound complicated or hard to do but once you learn the squence it's pretty easy. Forward, back, forward, back, forward.

Barrel on slope - From the checkpoint you want to approach the slope slowly but not too slowly, you want to keep tapping the RT to accelerate slowly, once you hit the plywood you want to lean back then hit the gas and push yourself forward. You will shoot up the ramp (not too fast or you will over shoot the barrel or missing it completely) ,once you are above the barrel you will want to land on your front wheel while holding LT. Basically you will be balancing on your front wheel on the barrel and then you can just release and land on your back wheel and then throw yourself forward accross the gap (bunny hop). Again this section will look hard to do, but if you can get the hang of the above you will find it easy, hopefully.

3 slanted boxes - From the chekcpoint you will want to bunny hop onto the first box, once you hit it you will want to lean back then push yourself forward while accelerating and you should bounce off and right onto the second box, here you can either do the bounce again leaning back and forward or you can land yourself onto the box and start pulsing the RT, lean forward and from the bottom of the box you will want to hit the acceleration then lean back and forward again as you are about to hit the top of the box, you should land on to the 3rd box and here you will want to do the same as the previous box ( landing on to it and pulsing the RT while leaning forward), then shoot yourself up the box and make the jump. I had trouble with this part and still do sometimes.

If you get to these sections, just keep practising the above until you do it, once you do it hit the B button and keep trying it some more until you get the hang of it, best way to learn.

Jake1782
05-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks, I managed to get past the 3 boxes on Way of the Ninja 2nd try by stopping on boxes 2 and 3, but still got 70 faults total. Think I'm gonna have real trouble getting it down to 35 faults but practice makes perfect :)

Dr4gOnsFuRy
05-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks, I managed to get past the 3 boxes on Way of the Ninja 2nd try by stopping on boxes 2 and 3, but still got 70 faults total. Think I'm gonna have real trouble getting it down to 35 faults but practice makes perfect :)
Yeah it does, I think first time I finished Way of the Ninja I had about 125 faults, then halved that, then got it down to around 25 and earlier when I gave it a go, I managed to get it down to 12 faults. Practice does make perfect and once you learn how to do certain obstacles then they become easier.

BluWolve
05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Great tips thankyou, Any advice for the second obstacle on the wreck? I know what I have to do but I just can't seem to master that backwheel bunnyhop. I don't know if I am just burnt out for the night or what. I will try again tomorrow but if anyone had any tips for getting that right I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Edit: nevermind got it with practice. 492 faults and something like 27 minutes. I think I need to practice more haha.

Jake1782
05-30-2012, 08:02 PM
cheers for the tips, got gold on all tracks now :) just got to gold the 'test your might' tournament :S don't think that'll be happening for a while

l Zleek l
08-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Been trying to get gold medal on these 2 tracks for a long time now as I have gold on all the other tracks, and I just cannot get close, not even remotely close. If anyone has any tips or sure-fire way to do; the obstacle on the Wreck where you have to hop across the burning log (the 3rd obstacle), or the second to last obstacle on the Wreck where you go over the barrel on top of a slope, and lastly the obstacle on Way of the Ninja where you are required to jump across 3 slanted boxes that are spaced VERY far apart, please help me out. I've watched countless replays and tried everything and these 3 obstacles are the primary ones messing me up. Not to mention just how long Way of the Ninja is :mad:
Thanks

Log: Try lining up your back tire on the back of the wooden planks you land on. Then bunny hop onto the log, and bunny hop again as soon as your tire hits the log.

Barrel: Line up at the platform before the incline on the barrel, lean forward but don't move yet. As you gas, lean back, lifting your front tire up. as soon as your tire breaks the plane with the barrel, lean forward, this should perch your bike on the barrel. lean back and balance. Gas it, once you pick up traction bunny hop and you should land on the barrel. Once you get to the next obstacle, lean forward but roll down to the end of the wood. then floor it, as your front tire hits the incline, lean back and bunny hop again to get over that last box.

Ninja 3 box: Just gas it onto the first box, try to land leaning back with your back tire, then lean into the front tire landing while flooring it and bunny hop to the next box. do the same landing trick. this time stabilize by feathering the gas, slide down the end of the box, then floor it and land again on the third box and repeat the landing, then stabilize and floor it again to meet the next checkpoint.

purefuzz
08-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Go on track central and download the 2 training levels made by Euphoric Fusion. One is training for the Phoenix and the other for the scorpion. I believe the Phoenix one has all these obstacles recreated in it. I think it may be in one of the redlynx picks sections as well.

Frazerz1990
09-14-2012, 01:38 AM
After a break from trying my last 3 extremes and just playing multiplayer for a couple months so finally I was playing private games with my friend and random choice was Dark City Run and I managed to get over it but of course it didn't give me a medal so I was determined to knock them all out the way, moved onto The Wreck and struggled so much on the barrel ramp part got over it and failed to hop over the box on ramp towards the end but timed to 30:00 game over. Went to sleep and tried again the following night managed to do it without much bother so now I'm super hyped as it's just inferno 3 to do then back to trying to beat my scores and multiplayer :)

Watched a video that gave me a couple tips on what to expect and such went rather smoothly once I had started but almost embarrassing as most of my faults were on the very last jump but I got it done and I'm rather pleased about it, I think it has been my week as I knocked out unyielding, hard the hard way, burnt to a crisp & now demon on wheels II but yeah all I can say is practice makes perfect

Nevander
09-14-2012, 06:57 AM
:whs

That's exactly how it worked out for me. Was failing for the longest time on the Extreme tracks and at one point I managed to finally do Burnt to a Crisp, Unyielding II, Hard the Hard Way, and then moved onto trying the last of the Extremes I needed and the next day I did them all. Now I'm a boss at them and can do each one in less than 30 faults. :p

Frazerz1990
09-15-2012, 11:26 PM
:whs

That's exactly how it worked out for me. Was failing for the longest time on the Extreme tracks and at one point I managed to finally do Burnt to a Crisp, Unyielding II, Hard the Hard Way, and then moved onto trying the last of the Extremes I needed and the next day I did them all. Now I'm a boss at them and can do each one in less than 30 faults. :p
*High five*
Yeah exactly, I can't quite do in less than that yet but if I put in the effort it will come naturally :)