PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

osakamitsu
05-26-2012, 04:38 AM
1. What is affinity, and what does it do?

2. What is the point of leveling vocation?

3. I'm just a fighter, but I was thinking about changing to the knight guy that can cast magic, cause im jealous of my mage but dont want to lose the ability to destroy things with a sword. How will this effect me? Will I lose a lot of work and have to start leveling over or have to build my characters skills back up? Or does it reset the points and I can divide it how I choose?

4. Is the knight/mage hybrid worth it?

5. Why is this the best game ever? I freaking LOVE IT.

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-26-2012, 04:46 AM
1. What is affinity, and what does it do?

2. What is the point of leveling vocation?

3. I'm just a fighter, but I was thinking about changing to the knight guy that can cast magic, cause im jealous of my mage but dont want to lose the ability to destroy things with a sword. How will this effect me? Will I lose a lot of work and have to start leveling over or have to build my characters skills back up? Or does it reset the points and I can divide it how I choose?

4. Is the knight/mage hybrid worth it?

5. Why is this the best game ever? I freaking LOVE IT.

1. Affiinity is the relationship between you and another NPC. If you have a max affiinity with a merchant NPC, then theyll have special stuff for sale. thats really the only point of affinity

2. Leveling vocation allows you to unlock new and better skills, core skills, and augments

3. I switched to a mystic knight myself. Your discipline points can be used towards whatever class youd like to spend them on, and they remain even if you change classes again. But each class has to be leveled up separately. The points dont get refreshed

4. Yes thats what Im using.

5. meh

osakamitsu
05-26-2012, 04:56 AM
Thanks. So, how is affinity leveled?

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-26-2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks. So, how is affinity leveled?
just by giving them items they like, or by helping them out with quests they have for you