PDA

View Full Version : Screw up in ending video (spoilers)

nointro
08-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Here be spoilers.

in the good ending when the girl is getting married and having a wedding ring placed on her hand, it is her RIGHT hand. The wedding ring is placed on the left hand. For such a "perfect" game that seems to be a pretty big "oops."

On another note, how many of you have traded your copy in already? I was told I was the first to trade my copy in at the particular gamestop in my town after only 3 days. The workers there were stunned.

Lunacy182
08-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Not everyone puts there wedding rings on there left hand. Sometimes they go on the right. I'm not sure why. My friend has it on her right hand because they had a Celtic wedding.

beetlejuice101
08-29-2007, 05:42 PM
In my opinion a game as good as Bioshock can be forgiven for a mistake as minute as this.

nointro
08-29-2007, 05:45 PM
well the ending was horrible either way, they could have at least done it correctly

Rocket
08-29-2007, 05:45 PM
In MOST European Countries as well as others, the ring is placed on the Right Hand, not the Left.

Dave
08-29-2007, 07:18 PM
how was the ending horrible please explain

Me55iah
08-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Didn't think there was anything wrong with the ending - nice happy ending (for me anyway)

Will play through again and this time be a right b***** to the kids to get the alternative ending...

Zef
08-29-2007, 10:34 PM
I think you could possibly have fallen to the assumption monster. Yes the ending video does show someone getting married, but since there are multiple Little Sisters who says that the same one goes to your deathbed? I only remember four hands (excluding your own) in that clip, only one Little Sister is confirmed to be married and there are a lot more than four of them that you save.

Also, that Little Sister could have gotten a divorce or even had a sex change operation before you die. So =P

ChAiNsAwNiNjA
08-30-2007, 12:28 AM
True, I thought it was a pretty good ending.

DeW222
08-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Hahaha, are you the guy who wrote the review for Bioshock on Sony Defense Force?

well the ending was horrible either way, they could have at least done it correctly

If you say the ending is horrible that's your own personal opinion, fine. But saying it's done incorrectly because the wedding ring was placed on the wrong finger shows a degree of ignorence. Having a wedding right on your left hand is done as tradition stemming from the Roman Catholic Church. Eastern Orthodox Christians wear it on their right hand after the ceremony. Certain countries (found a list: India... Norway, Russia, Poland, Germany, Austria, Denmark, countries of former Yugoslavia and in Spain (except in Catalonia)) also wear it on the right hand despite religion due to tradition.

flip
08-30-2007, 02:51 AM
i personally didn't even notice this, mostly because i was just happy to finish the game, but not like this is such a big deal anyway, different strokes for different folks man, just because one religion or group does it one way doesn't mean that you have to, or that the people that made the game wear it on their left hand. it's all about personal preference, and if the creators wanted it on the right hand, then damnit, let them put it on the right hand for making such a wonderful game

Aussiegore
08-30-2007, 07:29 AM
The ending was pretty bad lol. He rises up in the bubble and he gets rescued, and you think would ask
" Dude, why are you covered in blood and have five different pieces of weaponry on you? and wtf is up with the freaky little girls?!?"
And some how he manages to enroll them all in school and one more thing lol, every time they would see a dead or sick person they would have they would want to stick a long needle in them and get the lovely Adam.
Oh and how long would have he spent under there? cause search parties would have come after at least a day, and left lol, and wouldn't the search party notice a huge light house and find that its the entrance to rapture? what is this madness!

squirreltakos
08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
In MOST European Countries as well as others, the ring is placed on the Right Hand, not the Left.
and considering that this was in the middle of the atlantic, it very well could have been! :)

nointro
08-30-2007, 05:33 PM
I think you could possibly have fallen to the assumption monster. Yes the ending video does show someone getting married, but since there are multiple Little Sisters who says that the same one goes to your deathbed? I only remember four hands (excluding your own) in that clip, only one Little Sister is confirmed to be married and there are a lot more than four of them that you save.

Also, that Little Sister could have gotten a divorce or even had a sex change operation before you die. So =P

There are FIVE hands excluding your own, and they are RIGHT hands except one. So 4 right hands and 1 left hand plus your own. The one left hand does have the ring on the correct finger, 3 of the right hands have the rings on what would be the correct hand had it been the left hand. And one of the right hands have a ring on the index finger, possibly she went lesbian....?

Just so you all can check it out, here is a link to the video... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7405207037922368162&q=bioshock+good+ending&total=18&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

And yes, the ending was bad. If you've beaten any other quality game you would have expected a much better ending than this. Dont get me wrong, i loved the game... i beat it, i got my 1000 GS and then I traded it in for something else.

the game good, the ending bad.... compare the ending of bioshock to this video game ending

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2950662354717236744&q=condemned+ending&total=176&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

and you cant tell me that the second one isn't better...and the game that ending came from wasnt even that great.

Anyway, you cant try to make me believe that they intended that all of these girls got married in a greek orthodox wedding or in some other country...insted of just agreeing that perhaps it is a mistake.... they had a theme going in the end video ... each scene was showing the right hand and they didnt want to mess it up and i understand that but c'mon put the ring on the right finger....not the right hand!

EnjoiTheHogan
08-31-2007, 03:50 AM
Really is not that big of a deal.

Plus, this is a game when little girls are ok to kill.

I thing a ring on the wrong hand is ok.

nointro
08-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Really is not that big of a deal.

Plus, this is a game when little girls are ok to kill.

I thing a ring on the wrong hand is ok.

but its not JUST the ring being on the wrong hand.. its the fact that the end was not a good ending (see my above post for more info) and for such a not so great ending you would think they would have at least done it correctly...

but you're right, its not that big of a deal... i just hate that everyones view of what is good or not has been screwed up so much that when something is obviously not good and you're told that it is you make up excuses for it ...like "this is a game where you can kill little girls" i mean yea, it is but that has no merit on whether or not the ending is good....

it was an awesome game with a sub-par ending.... i wish more people would think for themselves and then make their decision on if they agree or not.

Zef
08-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Again you are assuming that ALL of the Little Sisters get married. Is there some Universal law that anyone wearing a ring must be married? If you are having such a hard time accepting a ring on someone's finger then email Irrational Games and show them just how wrong they must be since it is obviously a mistake that only you spotted.

And if you think the ending was bad, good for you. Don't tell people they are wrong because they disagree with your opinion on it, if they like it then let them like it. Even if it was a bad ending, who cares? The rest of the game was beyond excellent.

Dave
08-31-2007, 07:14 PM
how, niontro, do u know that they arent greek orthodox, and if someone wants their wedding ring on another hand it isnt wrong, and btw on the other ending the evil ending there were people at the entrance to rapture, so maybe thats how they got back to the real world

russell1190
09-01-2007, 02:06 AM
I dont think the ending was horrible i thought it was a pretty good ending.

Brighton X
09-01-2007, 02:26 AM
A wedding ring or wedding band consists of a precious metal ring, in certain countries (UK, USA, Brazil) worn on the base of the left ring finger – the fourth finger (counting from the thumb) of the left hand. In most other parts of the world, it is worn on the right ring finger (e.g. Norway, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Germany, Poland or Russia).
See, 3 countries primarily wear it on the left hand. I have yet to get this game but you are the first person that I have heard of that didn't like the ending.

AnimeCommander
09-01-2007, 04:54 AM
I've only seen the "good" ending thus far. It was a well done ending, the message was nice and clear.

A couple points to add about the topic: One, the ending does not state that they got married, only that they were allowed to find love. Marriage is assumed based on the ring being placed on the finger. And about the ring being on the "wrong" finger - just because you wouldn't do it, doesn't make it wrong. And Aussiegore, Rapture was not a secret. If you listen to the diaries there are a few mentions of people coming to Rapture before and during the 'civil war'. Rapture had just closed it's self off by the time we (the player) get there. So I would think that Rapture's state would be know by others and the outside world was just waiting for Rapture to kill it's self as it was doing when we (the player) show up.

|oneyedNewb|
09-01-2007, 05:50 AM
well, my right hand fires a gun and my left hand usually fires off a plasmid, Im pretty sure that your the only
one who spotted this though.

MnM
09-01-2007, 09:14 AM
wow, who knew such a post would generate such a response. kewl i guess.

ANYWAYS, on to my contribution.
-The ring: i agree, there are many cultures that have many different symbols for married, and the ring is a very commonly used one. Different fingers? sure why not. Oh and just another theory: it could be that they "flipped" the image from left to right, thus appears as tho it's her right hand when in 'reality' it is her left. just a thought.

-The plane crash and rescue teams finding Rapture. Well I'm sure certain ppl knew about it long ago while it was destroying itself, but keep in mind there's a few mixed stories about it. 1) the crash never happened, u (the character) were just 'awakened' by some magical saying (ie: would you kindly) and the crash never actually occured. (i forget who, but someone was alluding to this). and 2) Fontaine "brought you back" to Rapture after allowing u to go topside. so thus he could have conspired to cause an empty plane crash and kept anyone from really knowing about it, thus keeping any search parties from coming.

just a few thoughts. =D Personally, I liked the good ending, thought it was nice, peaceful, to the point, and refreshing. Maybe a little lame, sure, but that's ok.