PDA

View Full Version : question about choosing a Vocation

metallicorphan
05-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Okay,I want to be a Strider,because of the Bow and Arrow,however,i don't like the daggers,and would like a normal sword

Or maybe I could be a Fighter but would rather have a Bow and Arrow rather than a shield

Is this possible?,can i drop the daggers and pick up a sword or am i stuck with the weapons they give me throughout the game?(Strider-Bow and Arrow/Daggers or Fighter-Sword and Shield)

thanks

BloodGodAlucard
05-26-2012, 11:34 PM
I believe you would like the Assassin hybrid vocation. They are able to use all weapon types and are basically a fusion of rogue and warrior abilities. Here is a link to the wiki describing them in detail.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin

metallicorphan
05-26-2012, 11:43 PM
thanks for that,does that choice come later in the game then?(how much later?)

BloodGodAlucard
05-26-2012, 11:47 PM
You can do it once you get to the capital city called Gran Soren. It's shortly after the quest with Mercedes at the Encampment north of the starting village. You need to go to the inn and the option will be there with the innkeeper. It will cost 1500 discipline points.

metallicorphan
05-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Ahh that's cool then,as long as i have not messed up

Thanks for the replies

BloodGodAlucard
05-27-2012, 12:06 AM
No problem. I'm always happy to help. :) And if you're having trouble in the game and want to get some strong pawns, look in the recruitment thread. There are some really powerful ones there.