PDA

View Full Version : Question About the No Honor Among Thieves Quest *Spoilers*

BloodGodAlucard
05-26-2012, 11:44 PM
I've received the quest from Maul, and I'm trying to decide what would be the best resolution to the quest. I was hoping that someone that has completed this quest both ways or one of them to tell me what the reward was. And if possible, how the quest plays out differently if you opt for the other option.

I appear to have these options when I talk to Pike. (The thief you catch in Cassardis.) I can either tell him to return to his former comrades and forfeit his life, tell him to run away, or do nothing. I assume the do nothing option is where I then kill him as asked.

If I didn't want to do that then I could go North West and kill 10 female thieves from a rival clan of thieves. That's the option I'm leaning towards since it appears to be the same place that has the grimoire I need for another quest.

I googled the quest to see how it turns out with no luck. It isn't on the wiki and I can't find any other information. I did see a forum post on Gamespot that only said you could do both for the maximum reward.

Normally I would just do it both ways and reload. But you can't do that in this game because of the single save system. So I would appreciate any help you guys could offer.

I don't want to kill off characters that might come into play later in the game with other quests. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and help me. I appreciate it. :)

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Convince Pike - 12kG - 8k Xp - 20 rc
destroy all female bandits - 10kG - 6k xp - 20 rc
kill pike - 3.5kG - 2k xp - 20 rc
convince pike to destroy female bandits - 15kG - 12k xp - 20 rc
kill pike and destroy female bandits - 12kG - 8k xp - 20 rc

I chose the first one when I did it

BloodGodAlucard
05-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Thanks man you're awesome. How do you convince him to kill the female thieves though? I didn't see that option. Then again I didn't advance the conversation since I didn't want to accidentally get an auto-save.

And I heard that Maul gives you some kind of Amulet or Badge of Transit? What does that mean? I'm not sure if that's the same quest or not. It came up when I did a Google search though.

Will ending the quest in any of these ways have different impacts on the relationship with Maul and the others? I was hoping to become allies with them or at the least to get the ones outside the stronghold to stop attacking me every time I get within range.

Thanks if you know the answers to any of these new questions. You always provide very informative and helpful posts.

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
np dude. To be honest, I cant confidently answer those because I only had done the one option after opening up some more dialog with him, and I chose to not kill anyone in hopes that it wouldnt ruin any other quests down the road, but Im not 100% certain of that dude. I know Pike doesnt give any quests and since no one is going to die, I figured no harm done. But you get the Badge of Amity. The book doesnt really tell you much about it either, as far as consequences. If I find out more Ill be sure to update

BloodGodAlucard
05-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks I appreciate it. That's a good point you make and sound reasoning. I'll probably do the same thing. I'm just trying to be extremely careful on my 1st playthrough so I don't miss any quests. I guess it's not going to happen though. I'm sure I'll miss some at some point. I'll just have to use a quest guide on my new game plus. Still, I haven't failed any quests yet. And I'm trying to be as thorough as possible. It would be a nice surprise if I did end up getting the Hero achievement by the time I'm done. :)

FLIPADELPHIIA
05-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Yea that would be nice. Even with book, I still messed up lol I just hate having my nose in a book the whole time while im trying to play. I really just bought it for the item list. Im shooting for it this playthrough so Ill constantly update anything I find

BloodGodAlucard
05-27-2012, 12:48 AM
I agree. I never like using a guide on my 1st playthrough. The only time I will is with a very long game that I only plan to play once like Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, or Kingdoms of Amalur. Those are all great games and I like them a lot. I just don't do multiple runs through games like that since there's no new game plus and I can do everything the first time anyway.