PDA

View Full Version : Leaked Halo 4 gameplay

ShotyMcFat
05-27-2012, 07:05 AM
*Warning* This video was filmed with a potato and may offend some viewers *Warning*

>>Link<< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPhhb1gidPg) (Gameplay starts @ 1:32)

Video Analysis
-@ 2:05 we see the players death followed by a Killcam (similar to CoD).
-@ 3:05 we see the Railgun being used.
-@ 4:39 Fall damage is present.
-@ 7:00 A weapon drop system where you choose the weapon from 3 choices and the place it spawns.
-@ 8:25 Forerunner vision is being used.
-Assassinations seem to be faster and with a smoother animation then Reach.

I mak3 big boom
05-27-2012, 07:20 AM
Looks like reach. :(

LickableLemons7
05-27-2012, 02:22 PM
It may look like Reach, but then again, the vid was filmed using a potato.

Honestly, I didn't watch the whole video. As excited as I was to see some new gameplay(regardless of the quality) the music just turned me off. I couldn't even bother watching the video with the sound muted.

Tyger7
05-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Why would anyone film that without using a capture device. Why would anyone be playing on a TV that is not HD. Why is the TV laying on the floor. Why are the lights off. Why did he use paper and a pen. Why would he not put it in black and white if he was using that kind of horrible set up. Why does it look like the absolute worst "first gameplay videos" ever.

These are the questions I asked myself. If it was real, then why did I just get my first experience seeing the game completely ruined?

TransonicPower
05-27-2012, 06:46 PM
My biggest question is, who still uses VHS in 2012?!?!?

CMCX360
05-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Everything about this video is great, and I'm not even talking about the footage of Halo 4 itself.

iBuzz7S
05-28-2012, 01:11 AM
I know that the leaked images are indeed real. Not too sure about the gameplay as I did not want to watch, even though I saw the first few seconds and thought it was some kids playing in their backward.

http://www.abload.de/img/jelly...8jio0.png

Free Beer
05-28-2012, 04:43 AM
Here's a better version of the video without the other nonsense and without the shitty music.

*NEW* HALO 4 MULTIPLAYER BETA LEAKED GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE *NEW* - YouTube

Joker0fLife
05-29-2012, 04:38 AM
You have a potato. You know you're filming with a potato. Why the fuck are you going to upload from your potato? WHO THE FUCK STILL OWNS A POTATO?! FUCK.

Vectorman953
05-29-2012, 08:09 AM
It's sad that the displeasure i feel from "watching" this horrible quality of the video overrides the curiosity/obsessiveness for anything halo - to the point where I'd rather wait or hear all of this purported news second-hand than treat my eyes to that trash

anorexicwes
05-29-2012, 11:04 AM
If its internal tetsing how did they get video? I think a beta might be coming

iBuzz7S
05-29-2012, 11:15 AM
If its internal tetsing how did they get video? I think a beta might be coming
Confirmed that there is no beta, which I still don't agree with. Previous Halo titles had a beta and not only did it build hype, but it helped with a few things.

It is an internal beta, which can be accessed via PartnerNet. It's Xbox LIVE but for developers. It has been accessed by those who know how to work their way around whatever security checks Microsoft had in place. These people have an XDK, obviously.

You have a potato. You know you're filming with a potato. Why the fuck are you going to upload from your potato? WHO THE FUCK STILL OWNS A POTATO?! FUCK.
At least he has a "potato". Some members here, despite having played over 150 games on their profile, owning multiple consoles (regional purposes) and bragging about working in the gaming industry (how they get games early and well, they earn money for a living), apparently they don't own a camera phone let alone a camera.

Should be thankful for what we can get, no matter how bad the result.

Krome x Comando
05-29-2012, 11:23 AM
There should defenitely be a Beta

JimCant
05-29-2012, 01:11 PM
At least he has a "potato". Some members here, despite having played over 150 games on their profile, owning multiple consoles (regional purposes) and bragging about working in the gaming industry (how they get games early and well, they earn money for a living), apparently they don't own a camera phone let alone a camera.

Exactly...you dont see anyone else that has this type of footage or access this early...

Maybe he was playing, eating, filming, and drinking all at once thats why the footage isnt the greatest....

theNomad
05-29-2012, 01:37 PM
The one thing that I'm getting slightly worried about is how many man cannons 343i seem to have put in their maps.

Joker0fLife
05-29-2012, 09:58 PM

Well I'd be thankful if this wasn't coming out a week before E3. I know it has to be hard to resist being the first to upload something, but he could of at least found someone that had a capture card or a better camera, TV, SOMETHING.

The one thing I spotted that upset me was that there's a kill notification that pops up above the reticule, which is really REALLY bad placement. Hopefully you'll be able to turn that off.

Ty-Rex
05-30-2012, 12:37 AM
That video was great.

I'm sure you guys couldn't see anything because you didn't turn on the optional 3D option on the YouTube page itself.

The one thing that I'm getting slightly worried about is how many man cannons 343i seem to have put in their maps.
No, no, no, my friend, you've got it all backwards; you need to be concerned with why there aren't more man cannons in this game. Too many man cannons is too few man cannons.

iBuzz7S
06-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Here's something new and a lot better in quality.

Halo 4 Gameplay Preview - YouTube

Vectorman953
06-01-2012, 04:49 AM
Here's something new and a lot better in quality.

Halo 4 Gameplay Preview - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-I_NRe7OMY)

Perhaps I'm late to the party on included weapons, but at the end there it looks like there's a single shot grenade launcher? Kind of awesome.

Worried about that red indicator that appears half way through, though. Looked like it was pointing to an enemy? Perhaps just an objective.

DarkReign2021
06-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Perhaps I'm late to the party on included weapons, but at the end there it looks like there's a single shot grenade launcher? Kind of awesome.

Worried about that red indicator that appears half way through, though. Looked like it was pointing to an enemy? Perhaps just an objective.

It looks like that weapon at the end might be our mystery weapon from the reveal trailer. small like a pistol, but has the large manually-loaded explosive projectile on the front.

As for the red nav beacon, it looks like it was pointing at a specific enemy, so I would take a guess and say it's an objective like Oddball or VIP (Speaking of which, was VIP even in Halo: Reach? That was one of my favorite gametypes in Halo 3, but I don't even remember it being in Reach's custom games, let alone matchmaking.)

Joker0fLife
06-02-2012, 02:16 PM
(Speaking of which, was VIP even in Halo: Reach? That was one of my favorite gametypes in Halo 3, but I don't even remember it being in Reach's custom games, let alone matchmaking.)

I don't think they included VIP in Reach for whatever reason. Now that I think about it, it makes me wonder why they didn't keep up with Juggernaut and KOTH in matchmaking. Gametypes that were very prominent in Halo 3's objective matchmaking are no where to be found...

LickableLemons7
06-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I don't think they included VIP in Reach for whatever reason. Now that I think about it, it makes me wonder why they didn't keep up with Juggernaut and KOTH in matchmaking. Gametypes that were very prominent in Halo 3's objective matchmaking are no where to be found...

Huh. I just realized that I've hardly played Juggernaut and VIP in Reach. I guess that's why a few Halo veterans became annoyed with Reach later on?

Vectorman953
06-02-2012, 08:15 PM
VIP and Juggernaut were always games that I would need to play with close friends otherwise they were no fun.

With slayer, koth, flags, zombies it didn't really matter if I was playing with randoms because either they would work together or the game wouldn't suffer from everyone working alone towards a common objective.

But with VIP and Juggernaut that communication was comletely required.