PDA

View Full Version : The title music.

Maca0716
05-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Only a game made in Japan would have music like this in their game.

I shudder everytime it comes on.

TheLegendOf1977
05-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Hahaha, same here! A few weeks ago me and a friend talked about music (in general) and i mentioned haw awfull Japanese music is, he replied: there's no such thing as Japanese music!
Now i can play the intro of this game, great excample....

EnteringtheCosmos
05-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Yea, such a bad choice for the type of game it is. Imagine starting up Skyrim and some horrible cheesy heavy metal came on lol

metallicorphan
05-27-2012, 11:05 AM
yeah i try and load my game before the guitar etc comes in,but it takes its time checking my game saves and checking my downloaded content and then loading up my game that i always get an unwelcome blast of the title music after the somewhat less noisy intro

XxStuartxX 1990
05-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I think its epic..........

k1ll1ng5pr33
05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
I actually like it :p

BBowles
05-27-2012, 01:05 PM
>_> I intentionally let the game sit on the menu so I can listen to it.

It's even better than the PS2 Magna Carta game :D

"Tears of blooooddd!!!!"

BBowles
05-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Hahaha, same here! A few weeks ago me and a friend talked about music (in general) and i mentioned haw awfull Japanese music is, he replied: there's no such thing as Japanese music!

J-rock designed for games and anime? I'd agree :P

Actual Japanese music, ya know, that is played on the radio and what not - No. It's fantasic :P

specularblinky
05-27-2012, 02:07 PM
lol i love all the music in this game

StolenPaper18
05-27-2012, 02:13 PM
I dont think the music is that bad, it just doesn't fit the game at all, lol. I was so confused the first time I started the game and heard the music.

Azrael008uk
05-27-2012, 04:50 PM
It is kind of awful.

I cringe everytime I start it up and it simply cannot load fast enough.

Az

BloodGodAlucard
05-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I love the music.

LordDVS
05-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I like the music. Yeah, it seems a bit misplaced for a game of this genre, but it's catchy. But to each their own. I watch Subbed anime, and have been playing import games from Japan since early 90's. I like quirky tunes.

Bajan Elite
05-27-2012, 09:07 PM
I guess no one realizes this game was developed by Japanese developers. This game is trying to appeal to both Western and Eastern gamers. You have the fantasy setting similar to what you get in western games, and a combat system based on Japanese action games and anime. I happen to like both styles, and I love the opening song, its so catchy.

For all of you cringing at the sound of the music how about you mute your TV until the game loads. Makes more sense then sitting there listening to it and wishing the game loaded faster.

Azrael008uk
05-27-2012, 09:15 PM
I guess no one realizes this game was developed by Japanese developers.

What, a Capcom game made by Japanese people?

When did they move to Japan?

There are plenty of Japanese games with opening theme tunes that don't suck.

This is awful no matter what language you speak.

Unless you're into "The Scorpions" or "Rush".

Az

Bajan Elite
05-27-2012, 09:25 PM

Az

Haha that was...really...funny. Either way if you hate the song so much, instead of complaining about it online. Mute the damn TV while in the menu and then take it off once the game loads. Its not that hard. You talk about having to sit there and wait for the game to load and cringing at the music. No one is forcing you to listen to it. Mute it. I don't see how this warrants a thread. A song you can easily avoid listening to.

As for my Japanese comment it was for people who claim it is out of place. This type of music isn't out of place in a game that was developed by a company like Capcom.

BBowles
05-28-2012, 03:33 AM

Az

There's a market for every type of music. If Bieber and Kanye can find people to listen to their music, then anything can be called "good music".

I'd rather listen to this song 100 times in a row than listen to Boyfriend once -_-

RushStrife
05-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Good Comment BBowles, Some people have no taste in Music,
japanese music is Brilliant and unique unlike all our western Tripe, everysong features Rihanna or Bieber! what a Joke, what next Slipknot featuring Rihanna.

B'z For the Win!!!

Paka
05-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Yea, such a bad choice for the type of game it is. Imagine starting up Skyrim and some horrible cheesy heavy metal came on lol

It reminds me a lot of the boss theme in Blue Dragon; both just doesn't fit the type of game at all.

BloodGodAlucard
05-31-2012, 10:42 PM
It reminds me a lot of the boss theme in Blue Dragon; both just doesn't fit the type of game at all.

How is Japanese music in a Japanese game an odd fit? That doesn't make any sense.

StormbringerGT
06-01-2012, 06:52 AM
It's grown on me. :)

GriefCatalyst
06-01-2012, 06:57 AM
I hope they pair up a similar song with Resident Evil 6. :woop:

Anime butt-rock anthems over dubstep any day, right?

TheLegendOf1977
06-01-2012, 08:56 AM
How is Japanese music in a Japanese game an odd fit? That doesn't make any sense.

Have you ever actually played Japanese games? I have (and love them) but typical Japanese games ooze it out of every pore (graphics, ber cheezy dialog, over the top cutscenes, the MUSIC etc)
This gameis CLEARLY trying to cater to the west in every sence. So, yes its weird they put in the Japanese titel music

BloodGodAlucard
06-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Have you ever actually played Japanese games? I have (and love them) but typical Japanese games ooze it out of every pore (graphics, ber cheezy dialog, over the top cutscenes, the MUSIC etc)
This gameis CLEARLY trying to cater to the west in every sence. So, yes its weird they put in the Japanese titel music

I've played a ton of Japanese games. And yeah they were trying to do a Eastern take on a WRPG. But the JRPG qualities are still there. Bottom line is if it's made by a Japanese developer it shouldn't come as a shock that they would use elements from their culture in the game. It's not a big deal either you like it or you don't. I personally enjoy Japanese music.

TheLegendOf1977
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I've played a ton of Japanese games. And yeah they were trying to do a Eastern take on a WRPG. But the JRPG qualities are still there. Bottom line is if it's made by a Japanese developer it shouldn't come as a shock that they would use elements from their culture in the game. It's not a big deal either you like it or you don't. I personally enjoy Japanese music.

Agreed, it shouldn't come as a shock. I just think that what a lot of people complain about is that it just feels out of place in this game (at least for me)

BloodGodAlucard
06-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Agreed, it shouldn't come as a shock. I just think that what a lot of people complain about is that it just feels out of place in this game (at least for me)

Okay, I respect your opinion. I guess it's not odd for me since I know Capcom is a Japanese developer, and I knew going in what the game was going to be like. It probably also helps that I'm a huge anime fan. So I enjoy some music that other Americans seem to find horrible and nonsensical.

Vigor
06-01-2012, 05:41 PM
The song is completely out of line with western traditions.
I like it, I go into the game differently than when a violin cries over a piano, drops me in the game all /sad panda.

Kinda refreshing this approach although it lacks anime bunnies in miniskirts at the loading screen =(

Paka
06-01-2012, 07:52 PM

It doesn't fit the setting of the particular games, and doesn't fit in with the other music in the games. Actually, Blue Dragon's boss theme isn't as bad a fit perhaps, though it is very different than the other music. Dragon's Dogma, however, has a definite high-fantasy, medieval type of setting that type of music just doesn't fit with for me. I know it is subjective of course, but "fitting" would be something more like Dragon Age: Origins' or Skyrim's main themes.

DragonusDarque
06-26-2012, 04:07 AM
I may get trolled for this by some, but I was actually about to start a thread about the title music before deciding to search for one. I wasn't keen on the song at first, but it is growing on me. Probably because I have been hearing it every day for a week.
I am actually trying to find out the name of it, but can't seem to locate it in the book, and haven't finished the game to see the credits. Does anyone know?

Spock
06-26-2012, 05:26 AM
I am actually trying to find out the name of it, but can't seem to locate it in the book, and haven't finished the game to see the credits. Does anyone know?

Fly Into Free by B'z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0CxIJBHBVQ

Taiyz
06-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Actually it's called Into Free -Dangan-

The band, B'z, has a trailer featuring the song on their YouTube channel.

B'z 「Into Free -Dangan-」 / 『ドラゴンズドグマ』トレーラー - YouTube

Kingcow
06-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I think the only thing that bugs me about it is that it starts off so thematically classical and sets up my expectations of the game to be a certain way, then radically shifts to something else.

Also, it reminds me a lot of Dynasty Warriors, which is not a good thing. As much fun as the game was, and as well as they worked in several elements, the music was never a selling point for me.

Having said all that, I don't dislike it, as such, but I have no strong affection for it the way that I would if it were consistent with the intro.

DragonusDarque
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM

The band, B'z, has a trailer featuring the song on their YouTube channel.

Thanks, Taiyz. I thought they sounded familiar, but I've never heard of them. Thanks for the video.

Elrohironip
06-26-2012, 06:58 PM

yeah what a weird argument, not even valid, just because you cant understand the language doesnt mean its bad, actually there is a lot of great band with great music in japan, same shit happend in usa, a lot of shitty band and great, so yeah, you argument is invalid

Spock
06-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Oh. Well then. :)

I think the only thing that bugs me about it is that it starts off so thematically classical and sets up my expectations of the game to be a certain way, then radically shifts to something else.

I agree. I really like the opening and if the song sounded like that consistently I'd be really happy with it. At first I hated the song so much, but it has grown on me after hearing it so much. I still don't really like it, but I'm not a fan of that style of music.

achti
06-27-2012, 01:39 AM

the boss theme in blue dragon was epic ;O

I CR0W I
07-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Never been a fan of Bz but the title music grew on me pretty fast.

Coruba
07-03-2012, 03:22 AM
I quite like the tune, I find it rather fitting for the action orientated spin on RPG that Dogma presents, orchestral themes get boring ( Amalur ) unless they are awesome ( Skyrim ), its nice to have an original piece that is at least related to the themes in the game.

DandySNF
07-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I hate it so much that I often find myself muting my TV while I'm on the main menu screen.