Spider-man07
08-29-2007, 07:25 PM
If this could happen how would you want the story to go?>

Tron
08-29-2007, 07:28 PM
i dont know how it could happen...

The Pants Party
08-29-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't doubt they'd make a BioShock 2, but they would have to get inventive with the story, since it's all wrapped up pretty nicely at the end. The demand is definitely there, though...

Flawless Oddity
08-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Ryan would be alive still, when you smacked him in the head with the golf club his body disappeared, thats because it went to the nearest Vita-Chamber, the one in his office was off at the time so it didn't go to that one.

It says it in one of the diaries that the chambers have been reconstructed for Ryans DNA or some sort.

If they did make a sequel I think it would start something like that.

ridestowe
08-30-2007, 01:43 AM
i'd love to see a prequel where it shows how the whole civil war came about. maybe you play as ryan or something.

|oneyedNewb|
08-30-2007, 01:53 AM
i would like to see some kind of rts game out of it, imagine creating your very own rapture.

Zef
08-30-2007, 01:59 AM
I would rather see a similar style game, graphically and physically, that is totally seperate from the events in Rapture. An original storyline, not something that has been forced out of the brains of the writers so another game can be put on the shelves to make money, but maybe linked into the first game a little so things are still in the same Universe as to speak.

Maybe a few years after everything in Rapture, the whole plasmid business gets out to the governments of the world. They start to research them and try to apply the new science to weapons development to get the upper hand on the other side. Since this would roughly be around the time of the whole space race, a sequel may very well have something alien about it. Maybe if there was a sequel, it would just be Bioshock in space? Same concept only a space station instead of an underwater city. It would be a bit crap though.

killerharu45
08-30-2007, 02:58 AM
or how about leaving it as it is. no sequel or anything. Its great as it is. Maybe new weapons or plasmids via download

Fire Mage
08-30-2007, 03:09 AM
I would rather see a similar style game, graphically and physically, that is totally seperate from the events in Rapture. An original storyline, not something that has been forced out of the brains of the writers so another game can be put on the shelves to make money, but maybe linked into the first game a little so things are still in the same Universe as to speak.

Something like that would be cool. Or maybe a prequel. But only if done right.

But really, it was a great game on its own. It doesn't necessarily need a sequel or prequel.

ridestowe
08-30-2007, 03:12 AM
or how about a multiplayer-only version of bioshock for 20-30$ retail, but 15$ on the marketplace to DL for those that already have bioshock.

that'd be a good sequel imo.

K00PA TR00PA
08-30-2007, 05:13 AM
That prequel idea might work. But it might go from a fps game to a simcity game since you might be have to create rapture. :p

codedigital
08-30-2007, 11:15 AM
or how about a multiplayer-only version of bioshock for 20-30$ retail, but 15$ on the marketplace to DL for those that already have bioshock.

that'd be a good sequel imo.

Please Devs...don't ruin Bioshock by slapping on multiplayer. Let The Darkness teach you a lesson.

sln333
08-30-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't want to see anything added on to Bioshock. No multiplayer, no prequels, no sequels. It's great as it is it doesn't need to get ruined like other games do with extra crap.

russell1190
08-30-2007, 02:30 PM
or how about leaving it as it is. no sequel or anything. Its great as it is. Maybe new weapons or plasmids via download

I think killer is right the game should stand alone without any sequel or prequel.

Yann
08-30-2007, 03:08 PM
They could totally do it, Irrational did make System Shock 2 which far surpassed the original which was amazing by itself and didnt require a sequel at all.

I would say their best bet is a prequel where you play as a citizen and you see the rise of Atlas and how the war kicks off and you have to escape. Either that or they could do a above surface thing, since tensions were high with the Americans and the Soviets in the 60s they could start an all out war involving plasmids or something.

Or maybe the government tries to take over Rapture after its been rebuilt and you play as either its new ruler or just a citizen, the possibilites are pretty much endless in that universe they created since its just filled with ideas and possibilites.

Spider-man07
08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't know guys, i mean Zef had a great idea, but prequels are kind of last minute money makers. Most of yall are right, it should be a stand alone game. What makes you think that 2k is going to let it be the only one though? I mean they are talking about Prey 2 lmao. I think if they did make another during the Civil War then it would be too much like Resistence Fall of man. The whole Gears of war mixed with Call Of Duty, with the plasmids. It would soooo be much like games we have all played before. If anything Make the storys kind of seperate but related sort of like Silent Hill or Resident Evil. Thats just my thought.

NG DumbassDude
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
If this could happen how would you want the story to go?>

Bioshock 2: Rosie Returns

An erotic thriller.

M7.Ninja
08-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I read about a Bioshock 2 being planned, in some magazine before. If my predictions are correct, Bioshock 2 would begin by Rapture being discovered by some other guy a year or two after the events of the original game. The guy would harness its powers and use it as his own hellish domain where he draws victims from all over the world, mutates them then releases them into Rapture, deformed and half insane. The Mac guy from the Apple/PC commercials would crash into the ocean and find Rapture. He goes down and uses his technological know-how to gain total control of Rapture and signal its presence to the world, fighting all those who were thought missing in the past several years, including the mutated Elvis and the Beatles.

or maybe it'll take place in another Rapture-like city.

Night45Fox
08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
or mabye andrew ryan had made a second "rapture" city and once he died he went it mabye? or with the bad ending you could pick up where you left off.... topside. who knows its a good game either way

Cold Rival
08-31-2007, 09:49 AM
I read about a Bioshock 2 being planned, in some magazine before. If my predictions are correct, Bioshock 2 would begin by Rapture being discovered by some other guy a year or two after the events of the original game. The guy would harness its powers and use it as his own hellish domain where he draws victims from all over the world, mutates them then releases them into Rapture, deformed and half insane. The Mac guy from the Apple/PC commercials would crash into the ocean and find Rapture. He goes down and uses his technological know-how to gain total control of Rapture and signal its presence to the world, fighting all those who were thought missing in the past several years, including the mutated Elvis and the Beatles.

Sounds pretty much spot on, that! :p

But in all honestly, I think that if they even attempted a sequel (or even a prequel), it would have to be pretty much perfect, because if it wasn't, it would put a massive taint on the original (for me anyway).

They should leave it how it is.

"Too much of a good thing..."

graf1k
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Personally I'd love to see Irrational tackle the System Shock world again, but I think someone else has the rights so that's probably not going to happen. Bioshock 2 could work. Ken Levine would find a way to make it flow from the first game without it seeming tacked on or a money grab only.

Either way, I read somewhere recently in an interview with Ken that Irrational is already working on their next game, and from the way he talked, it isn't a Bioshock sequel.

PhoenixBlade
08-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Bioshock 2: Rosie Returns

An erotic thriller.

lmao brilliant

sln333
08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
That would be an interesting new genre I suppose.

Fritz White
08-31-2007, 03:29 PM
I thought the whole harvest/save sisters concept would've been better if it reflected in plasmids as well, with different powers for good and bad characters. I would've liked for the campaign to be longer and more open-ended. It'd be cool if there was actually a reason to go back to old levels story-wise. Maybe some Oblivion style side quests, but more fighting/murder involved? It's be cool if a sequel continued topside, but right now I think they should focus on Prey2. It'd be nice if 2k learned how to write decent netcode so they could have solid multiplayer in their games instead of the trash MP of Prey and The Darkness. Prey online would've been awesome if not for the lag. It doesn't matter how good a game's story is (and I LOVED BioShock, beat it 3x), no multiplayer=no replay value).

Spider-man07
09-01-2007, 01:44 AM
I still think that a sequal should be related but seperate like other franchises like Silent hill, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy. Even like Halo just on a different side of the world or something. Make it seem like rapture was just one city and the rest of the ocean had more citys spread apart. Like the top side was destroyed and man continued there life underwater.

russell1190
09-01-2007, 01:50 AM
I still think that a sequal should be related but seperate like other franchises like Silent hill, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy. Even like Halo just on a different side of the world or something. Make it seem like rapture was just one city and the rest of the ocean had more citys spread apart. Like the top side was destroyed and man continued there life underwater.

I disagree i think they should just not make anymore sequels because it was a great game and making a sequel would be forcing it, other games are a different story.

BackerMan
09-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Nah, they're working on Prey 2.

IDR SeMiNoLe
09-01-2007, 03:59 AM
Lol@ Bioshock 2: Rosie Returns

or Big Daddies Gone Wild featuring the "bouncer"...

hahhahaha

tarheeltay
09-01-2007, 07:50 AM
We all know that even though the game is amazing as is, and should be left alone. Developers today like to stick with a good thing, and they are going to most likely beat this idea to death with sequels that don't even come close to the brilliance and depth of the original.

Though i really hope they don't.

ThrillKillBill
09-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Since they are infact working on bioshock 2, I would assume it'll have something to do with they "evil" ending....... with Raptures residents making war with the surface. I say this because that ending still has splicers and little sisters and plasmids going on.

Oh well, lets wait and see what they do with it

RRIKER
09-01-2007, 10:30 AM
If there is a bioshock 2, it will likely have pressure from the gaming community/MS Game Studios to produce a sequel, which may just have the same fate as Halo 2 or the later seasons of Lost...really inventing and thought-provoking at first, but then waaay to much plot twists/tacky stuff thrown on to be truly epic before they finally decide to end the whole franchise in a nice package in one final season/game.

But having a franchise end early or on-time is a true shot for studios to prove they're not just one-trick ponies or frees up the creative team for new games, and can make multiple series for us to enjoy (sorta like how Epic brought us Gears from the cooling embers of UT2K4).

Just a thought, don't take it too seriously

Yann
09-01-2007, 12:19 PM
If there is a bioshock 2, it will likely have pressure from the gaming community/MS Game Studios to produce a sequel, which may just have the same fate as Halo 2 or the later seasons of Lost...really inventing and thought-provoking at first, but then waaay to much plot twists/tacky stuff thrown on to be truly epic before they finally decide to end the whole franchise in a nice package in one final season/game.

But having a franchise end early or on-time is a true shot for studios to prove they're not just one-trick ponies or frees up the creative team for new games, and can make multiple series for us to enjoy (sorta like how Epic brought us Gears from the cooling embers of UT2K4).

Just a thought, don't take it too seriously

Yeah but the only difference is that Losts' story was planned from when it was first made and wasnt pulled out of the air like 2K are gonna have to do if they decide to make a new one.

XxCRAZYSNIP3RxX
09-01-2007, 06:01 PM
An RTS in the right creative mind could be amazing but it wont happen....I can picture the perfect Bioshock RTS in my mind

Spider-man07
09-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Well i think that if they do make another one then they should take some serious time to make it. Kinda like they did with Fable. Give you more options on things that you can do.Even more realistic like Oblivion, and Make it a new charactor. Not to mention i think there best bet is like i said, make a story that is similar like the Final Fantasy or Silent Hill. Where they all are the same concept, but have brand new characters and whole new story and a whole new world. Keep people guessing ya know. No one would ever be able to predict the storys for Final Fantasy because the whole story itself, everyone of the games are seperate worlds.

CeeJay321
09-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Maybe if they found another underwater city...

Or maybe underground, in the air, outerspace, so on and so fourth...

jonnyhallsworth
09-04-2007, 10:29 PM
i think it would make a good story if rapture was discovered and the technology found there was brought to the outside world. maybe you could meet the guy you play in the first game and he helps you during the game.

i dont know exactly where to take it from there but im sure that somebody 2K would :p

Ceilō
09-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Something like a city in the sky or space lol..?

Spider-man07
09-06-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't know about the space idea.I personally think that they have waaaaay over did the space storys. I mean what more besides Mass Effect can they do for us to go wooow? Mabe The sky that sounds like a sorta good idea. As for the prequal ideas, booooreing, come on guys its not going to be all that exciteing, if you know whats going to lead up to it and the story isnt long. Take Star Wars for example if you watch episode 3 why be so surprized for anakin when he goes to the dark side when you know its going to happen soon and theres going to be a huge fight with Obi Wan. Or you can take the movie Troy for a huge example, the battles were good but when you seen the trojan horse you already seen the rest, since history teachers spoon fed us all that every year. Know what i mean?;)

GrandmasterB
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
One thing that might be cool to do with the brand is go MMORPG with it. Consider the endless possibilities of living in Rapture and being able to develop your own Plasmids or Tonics. Being a part of the Rapture community before the outbreak of the civil war would be cool.

That said I agree with all of you that said the game is great "as is". Too many times developers try to pump out sequels and they wind up sucking eggs.

Exane22
09-06-2007, 06:33 PM
An mmo would be fun but right now i think that is a horrible idea. It would be like making the next TES an mmo, it just wouldnt be right. Think about how much they would have to down grade the graphics, so many things would have to change that it wouldnt feel right. It would be extremely fun but i hope to god that this idea never comes across their minds.

GrandmasterB
09-06-2007, 06:34 PM
You're right...graphics would definitely suffer by going MMO. Didn't think of that.

RedstaR
09-06-2007, 08:19 PM
BioShock will still be good if the prequel/sequel sucks, nothing will change that.

Spider-man07
09-06-2007, 08:24 PM
well i think if they do anything else with BioShock, i would have to say just make a movie and leave the game and movie stand alone. No sequals at all.

Drunk3nR4d
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
well i think if they do anything else with BioShock, i would have to say just make a movie and leave the game and movie stand alone. No sequals at all.

that would be such a bad ass movie dood.... could you imagine the big daddys?? lol... or the little girls?? ha could you imagine the shit they would get if in the movie they harvested teh girls?? lol

Spider-man07
09-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah it would be awesome!

conor bp
09-09-2007, 03:16 PM
thumbs up to the movie idea and the game doesnt need a sequel or a prequel but if it did happen i wud like to see it a bit like modern day 40 yrs on or something and a new man finds bioshock and it strts again but wen u think ryan is dead in this game he acctually isnt he went to a vita-chamber and plans to bring the civil war to the surface and u have to stop him or something along those lines

Daxflame x360a
12-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Personally i would like a Character Creation menu put in there and maybe some Multiplayer action!

TheOnlyDogMan
12-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Maybe if there was a sequel, it would just be Bioshock in space?

You mean System Shock? =P

brennan4ever
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
touching on the prequel thing again, i think it would be good if you played as the same character but before it all happened with ryan and atlas *cough* fountaine *cough* and how the whole "would you kindly thing happened" and you also see how u went topside and do all the things leading up to the plane crash, be pretty cool.

glasstiger50
12-18-2007, 03:03 AM
touching on the prequel thing again, i think it would be good if you played as the same character but before it all happened with ryan and atlas *cough* fountaine *cough* and how the whole "would you kindly thing happened" and you also see how u went topside and do all the things leading up to the plane crash, be pretty cool.

Dude, that's not cool. At least mark what you said as a spoiler. Some people might not have played the game, and you could've just ruined the story for them.

Strato Streak
12-19-2007, 07:29 PM
:offtopic: (but still related)

<---------------HERE BE SPOILERS--------------->

Just off topic for a second, if the game took place in the 1950's or 60's, how could the bad ending have happened? I doubt the splicers and all them could have lived 'together' eating fish from Fontaine Fisheries and reproducing (how the hell could that EVER work?? Spliced moms who can give birth to 15 splicer babies at once?) for a couple of decades so the ending when I saw it really disappointed me cos of the whole 'secrets of the world' thing and the modern day submarine....the good ending wasn't exactly the best either, but it did provide closure.

On that note, Bioshock 2 should'nt happen, but if it does, Andrew Ryan should seriously have revived at a Vita Chamber. That'd be sweet.

Zombie Brigade
12-21-2007, 07:31 PM
i dont think they should make a bioshock 2, maybe a novel version of the 1st one with a more in depth story?

Spider-man07
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
If they did a prequal or sequal, if you kept the same bad guy, how would that make the game as good as the 1st? the 1st game kept me guessing.

enter course
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I like the movie idea, that would be awesome. They should really consider doing that :eek:

The world of Rapture itself lends itself well to an MMO setting but it really wouldn't do to make the next game an MMO. As someone said, it'd be like making TES an MMO. It sounds awesome at first, but then you stop and think how these games are designed to be totally immersive experiences where you assume the identity of your character and it makes for a great gaming experience. Make it an MMO and it takes away from that considerably.

I haven't played the bad ending (loaned the game to a friend after beating it...haven't seen it since! grr...), but I see no reason why splicers would give birth to weird amounts of babies or crazy freak babies...they aren't like monsters, they are Rapture's equivalent of cracked out...way too heavily spliced to be sane, but still regular humans aside from that. True, the plasmids mess with your genetic code but it never explicitly says anything about making people mutants or 'creatures' or anything, you just get badass new abilities.

As far as another Bioshock game, I think it's a terrible idea. The game is near perfect, and there's just no way they can really do a true sequal. They COULD do a prequel, but if they did it would not be nearly as good, since instead of playing out the very interesting scenario of Bioshock, you'd be playing out a potentially boring part of the scenario just to lead up to the events of Bioshock. It would feel too much like an attempt to milk the name.

IMO the best way to progress is for the same team that made Bioshock to create an entirely new game from scratch and just put a giant promo on it: FROM THE CREATORS OF BIOSHOCK!!!!!!!!!!11 Preferably another FPS that has a similar feel to Bioshock, but a new world, a new story, and hopefully some more new gaming elements. The awesome thing for me about Bioshock was how authentic it felt, and how it really made me think. I'll try not to say too much to avoid spoiling anything, but ----SPOILER ALERT---- just in case.

The whole sequence that plays out up to you finding out the truth about Atlas was SO well done. The concept of not even being in control of the game you're playing was so creative, so unique. Whatever their next project is they HAVE to try and capture that part of Bioshock.

I say let Bioshock well enough alone. It is one of the best games ever, let's leave it that way. I don't think they should just quit, though. They need to go back to the drawing board. Maybe resurrect any scrapped ideas from Bioshock, get their amazing writers back and go make a brand new game. No shame in slapping a giant "FROM THE CREATORS OF BIOSHOCK" sticker all over the new one just to breed consumer confidence :woop:

Alex56
02-13-2008, 03:29 AM
If they made a new game with the same game engine and same writers as bioshock, then i'd be happy. Because those are the only two things that make the game good.

Lord Vlad 666
02-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't know if a prequel would be a good idea, but who knows...they might pull it off

LaCara Cicatriz
02-13-2008, 12:22 PM
how the hell is there going to be a two.......the plot was basically resolved....

LaCara Cicatriz
02-13-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't know if a prequel would be a good idea, but who knows...they might pull it off

that is the best way.....honestly...but yea....sequels to amazing games when unesescary usually suck

MrValensi
02-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Id love a bioshock 2, Bioshock is without a doubt one of the best games ever i loved it, Its up there with obilvion as one of the best 360 games

Jdm
02-20-2008, 11:01 AM
If they did a prequal or sequal, if you kept the same bad guy, how would that make the game as good as the 1st? the 1st game kept me guessing.

Why bother to Bump your old thread?

You haven't posted in here for a good couple months.