PDA

View Full Version : How can we get this game out to more people?

LanceX
05-28-2012, 09:03 PM
lately it seems only the mainstream games get sales.

How can we show suppport in games like this and others that are really good yet garner low sales?

Its just a shame that this may fall low on sales. I hope not but it probably will. Low forum activity etc.

metallicorphan
05-28-2012, 10:06 PM
This week's UK charts Dragon's Dogma is at number 3(Max Payne is number 2 while Ghost Recon is number 1)...i for one have no major games on my must buy list for a month or two,so hopefully it will stick around in the top ten for awhile

I am sure the game will do okay,it IS a Capcom game afterall

and i go to a few forums,one seems to always be talking about this game,and then there is this one which is not too shabby on the number of people who come here

I reckon this game will sell great in Japan as well

EnteringtheCosmos
05-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Capcom wanted to have 10+million sales, lol.

Tyrantus
05-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I think it will do fine once word of mouth gets out. It reminds me of the release of Dead Island, not many seemed fussed about it and we recieved hardly any copies in work and the trade in price was low. However once people started hearing about it, they wanted it and we sold out and then it became even more wanted and the trade price increased. Similarly, we've already sold out of 360 copies of Dragons Dogma and I think it'll continue in popularity the way Dead Island did. My manager actually thinks that game companies do it on purpose by sending us limited copies.

Revan67
05-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Yea i am really wanting this game to do well. Id love a sequel to it, but in order for that to happen it needs a lot more purchases.

LordDVS
05-29-2012, 04:01 AM
I think it will do fine once word of mouth gets out. It reminds me of the release of Dead Island, not many seemed fussed about it and we recieved hardly any copies in work and the trade in price was low. However once people started hearing about it, they wanted it and we sold out and then it became even more wanted and the trade price increased. Similarly, we've already sold out of 360 copies of Dragons Dogma and I think it'll continue in popularity the way Dead Island did. My manager actually thinks that game companies do it on purpose by sending us limited copies.

This is the exact same comparison I made! Dead island didn't seem to pick up steam, until like a month after release. I dont know if it was hardly promoted, and released in limited quantity on purpose. I think they were playing it safe with a new IP and didn't want to put too much money into it. Surprisingly, ive seen a comercial for it last night, so maybe they will start to push this a bit more

M0rdain
05-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Well i will definatly be buying this one i have some spare cash :)

T00L
05-29-2012, 09:38 PM
spread the word !!

for myself i convinced two other people and im thinking about buying it a second time when it gets a little bit cheaper. They HAVE to make a sequel !!

and for the next time, dear Capcom.. PLEASE make a NG+ with new weapons and armory, leveling enemies and a kind of multiplayer like in the Souls Games (pvp not necessary). ;)