PDA

View Full Version : WWE 13 Boxart Revealed + More

iBuzz7S
05-29-2012, 02:02 AM
It was literally revealed a moment ago, live on Raw.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1598/53070156.png

Tomorrow on IGN we'll get a trailer and more information. Too bad that this information was already leaked, but the videos keep getting removed from YouTube.

Part of the roster that's known is.....

WWE

Big Show
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Mark Henry
Sheamus

Attitude Era

Mankind
Steve Austin
Undertaker

Arenas

WWE

Hell in a Cell
SmackDown

Attitude Era

WrestleMania XIV

Looking forward to the reveal tomorrow.

hydrosugar
05-29-2012, 04:30 AM
I think WWE12's was better, but I still like it. I suppose it's not surprising it came out on Raw, given how much advertising they like to fit into each show.

DOOKH8R
05-29-2012, 04:36 AM
I like the Big Johnny cover better.

KFZ Scrubs
05-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Man.... this reminds me that I haven't played a WWE game since N64

CrimsonX1999
05-29-2012, 12:10 PM
still on the fence with this seeing I havent play 2011 or wwe 12 yet and not sure if I ever will.

zTiamaTz
05-29-2012, 04:19 PM

Same here, I haven't played a wrestling game since WCW/nWo Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000. I think I got it out of my system with those two, and haven't had an urge to play another since.

On a side note, it is nice to see someone on the cover who doesn't have fans that are only children.

Metabolic XBA
05-29-2012, 04:22 PM
I like the Big Johnny cover better.

Agreed. I want a Laurinaitis special edition cover please haha. WWE 12 was the first wrestling game I have played in years but I enjoyed it well enough. Maybe a rental for this one.

TrishTheDish
05-29-2012, 04:54 PM
You're not missing anything. All of the WWE games have been absolutely abysmal this generation.... every year they keep making the controls worse and worse. '12 is actually the worst one yet, and that's really saying something after '08 and '11.

Starkweather
05-29-2012, 05:37 PM
WWE 12 was a much more fun and fluid game but it is still not back to the good old days.

Best WWE game for me was Smackdown 2: Know Your Role mainly because the career mode was actually fun and exciting, unlocking Stone Cold etc. came as a surprise and i could play it for hours on end.

Since then i don't think i have ever been able to enjoy them as much and the online stability in most of them leaves a lot to be desired.

Although it is no surprise career mode is meaningless nowadays with poor story lines since the WWE writers have been pathetic since the Attitude Era so not much to work with.

Glad Punk is on the cover but doubt they will ever be brilliant like the oldies.

iBuzz7S
05-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Teaser trailer.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/29/wwe-13-teaser-trailer

hydrosugar
05-30-2012, 03:45 AM
I think Here Comes the Pain was the best of the oldish ones. Never liked Lesnar, but the game was great fun. I remember jumping on and off helicopters, street lamps and massive buildings. And that was just the one stage.

TrishTheDish
05-30-2012, 04:20 AM
I think Here Comes the Pain was the best of the oldish ones. Never liked Lesnar, but the game was great fun. I remember jumping on and off helicopters, street lamps and massive buildings. And that was just the one stage.
This, this, THIS!

The absolute greatest thing about Here Comes The Pain was that the Season Mode NEVER ended and it tracked your stats for infinity. I bet I racked up over 50 years in that game mode, it was so addictive making my company EXACTLY the way I wanted it, making the champs and determining how long they'd run for. I even wrote storylines in my head to go along with it.... truly one of the greatest games of all time.

KFZ Scrubs
05-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I might rent one at gamestop and see how fun it is.

Barad
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Love WWE, this will be solid I reckon.

hydrosugar
05-31-2012, 12:09 AM
cm punk!!!!!!!

Wwe 13!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhh yeahhhhhhh

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

super dooper wwe yeah!!!!!!!

I never really understand these kind of posts. The monumental stupidity of this particular example aside, I know when I joined it was because there was numerous conversations I was itching to be a part of. Even so, there are literally thousands of threads in which one can voice a genuine opinion.

This, this, THIS!

The absolute greatest thing about Here Comes The Pain was that the Season Mode NEVER ended and it tracked your stats for infinity. I bet I racked up over 50 years in that game mode, it was so addictive making my company EXACTLY the way I wanted it, making the champs and determining how long they'd run for. I even wrote storylines in my head to go along with it.... truly one of the greatest games of all time.

I don't think I quite did 50 lol, but it did have a great season mode too. One of the many reasons I loved my PS2.

Substyle
05-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Attitude Era can bring some fun. depends on who will be licensed

N7 Shadow
05-31-2012, 06:14 AM
This, this, THIS!

That game was great. I remember I would always choose to have a stable when the opportunity presented itself during Season mode lol. I stopped at 08 because I loved playing its GM mode. :D

OT: Cover art looks good, as well as the "Laurinaitis Special Edition". :p

bloodmassacre
06-01-2012, 03:09 AM
At least this year the reveal was somewhat entertaining. The cover's cool, I just hope the gameplay is too.

ringmaster411
06-05-2012, 11:42 AM
this is the full roster list, as leaked through wrestling sites

The following names are confirmed to be included in WWE '13, which hits stored on October 30th. Several of the names are duplicated between the Modern and Attitude Eras and will appear in the game as separate characters:

Modern Era: John (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240464/WWE-//13-Roster-Confirmed.htm#) Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Santino, David Otunga, Kane, Kevin Nash, Christian, Mark Henry, Sin Cara, Epico, Primo, Hunico, Ted DiBiase, Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Bella Twins, Kharma, Beth (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240464/WWE-//13-Roster-Confirmed.htm#) phoenix Alicia Fox.

Attitude Era: Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Edge & Christian, New Age Outlaws, Road Warriors, , X-Pac, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Trish Stratus, Lita, Big Show, Kane, Davey Boy Smith, Vader, Mark (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240464/WWE-//13-Roster-Confirmed.htm#) Henry, Ken Shamrock, Godfather and Big Bossman.

Also included in the game will be Mike Tyson, who signed with THQ to do so which may have been a factor in his 2012 Hall of Fame induction.

the Attitude list is totally amazing, even having guys like the Bulldog & Bossman in there, only really surpring omisions are Goldust & Rikishi for the Attitude era & Regal & Brodus Clay for the current roster

Starkweather
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM

The following names are confirmed to be included in WWE '13, which hits stored on October 30th. Several of the names are duplicated between the Modern and Attitude Eras and will appear in the game as separate characters:

Modern Era: John (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240464/WWE-//13-Roster-Confirmed.htm#) Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Santino, David Otunga, Kane, Kevin Nash, Christian, Mark Henry, Sin Cara, Epico, Primo, Hunico, Ted DiBiase, Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Bella Twins, Kharma, Beth (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240464/WWE-//13-Roster-Confirmed.htm#) phoenix Alicia Fox.

Attitude Era: Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Edge & Christian, New Age Outlaws, Road Warriors, , X-Pac, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Trish Stratus, Lita, Big Show, Kane, Davey Boy Smith, Vader, Mark (http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240464/WWE-//13-Roster-Confirmed.htm#) Henry, Ken Shamrock, Godfather and Big Bossman.

Also included in the game will be Mike Tyson, who signed with THQ to do so which may have been a factor in his 2012 Hall of Fame induction.

the Attitude list is totally amazing, even having guys like the Bulldog & Bossman in there, only really surpring omisions are Goldust & Rikishi for the Attitude era & Regal & Brodus Clay for the current roster

No way, that Attitude Era list is awesome. Big Boss Man & Godfather etc. never thought they would ever add them. I have been downloading lots of user creation like X-Pac and Road Dogg in WWE 12 so glad they will be official next time.

Thanks for the list! :woop:

i NatrlKilla i
06-05-2012, 11:54 AM
THQ has posted a new Q&A covering how breaking the ring in WWE '13 will work. Check out the info below:

Q: Are ring breaks in-game or just cut-scenes?

A: Ring breaks are in-game occurrences, NOT just cut-scenes! They're one of our new "Spectacular Moments," which also include blasting people through ring barriers and diving through commentary tables. That means that you can bust up the ring yourself in any kind of match...just as long as you meet the necessary requirements.

Q: Can any Superstar perform a ring break?

A: No. Only super-heavyweights have the heft, mass and sheer power required to demolish the squared circle - just like on WWE television. Right now, both Big Show and Mark Henry are confirmed as being capable of performing ring breaks, but as for other potential super-heavyweights...you'll just have to keep your eyes peeled for additional Roster Reveals.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/6110/who-were-rybacks-raw-opponents-wwe-13-news

hydrosugar
06-05-2012, 12:41 PM

Awesome roster. Though I'm not sure why they have Mark Henry there twice. Taker, HHH and The Rock I can understand, but Henry?

ringmaster411
06-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Awesome roster. Though I'm not sure why they have Mark Henry there twice. Taker, HHH and The Rock I can understand, but Henry?

It seems like every wrestler who was around in both era is getting two characters. Christian & Kane also get doubles.

hydrosugar
06-05-2012, 02:14 PM
It seems like every wrestler who was around in both era is getting two characters. Christian & Kane also get doubles.

Well I suppose that makes enough sense. I guess the more characters the better, even if some are doubled up.

N7 Shadow
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Attitude Era = Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry

Modern Era = Hall of Pain Mark Henry

That would be my guess.

TrishTheDish
06-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Ken Shamrock?! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

PeterJones
06-06-2012, 01:51 AM
I want to see a "People's Edition" for Big Johnny, sort of like they did with the Cena/Rock Edition's of WWE '12. #PeoplePower