PDA

View Full Version : Golem Locations?

Gunther Hermann
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
I have a quest to kill 3 golems, but the only ones I've encountered are at the witch's wood and they're not coming to life. So does anyone know a good spot for them.
Im trying to finish all my current quests before moving onto the wyrm hunt as it says all unfinished quests will be lost if you proceed with the hunt.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
05-29-2012, 12:08 PM
there is always a golem on your way to bluemoon tower, just before cutlass cape. Pretty far into the game though and the journey is long. You could walk it but by the sounds of it your early in the game and maybe a hassle.

Tyrantus
05-29-2012, 12:22 PM
There's another near Bloodwater bay, he's up on the cliffs near some weird stone formation a little south of the bay.

Gunther Hermann
05-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Im confused then, because to get further in the game I should take the wyrm hunt quest but if I do I'll lose the quest to kill golems.

k1ll1ng5pr33
05-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Im confused then, because to get further in the game I should take the wyrm hunt quest but if I do I'll lose the quest to kill golems.

You won't lose any notice board quests. Only those quests you accepted via NPC's I believe. I'm not sure if I even lost a quest because of the Wyrm Hunt.

Gunther Hermann
05-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Thats good then, thanks guys!

ll Mr Bubbles ll
05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Thats good then, thanks guys!
When i said "further in the game" i ment if you stuck to natural progression through the story you would have to visit bluemoon tower later on. But you can visit it at anytime if you so choose as its not locked off or anything. Just expect a long journey with some tough enemies, dire wolves /harpies/bandits/golem

osakamitsu
05-29-2012, 04:03 PM
If you work your way up past gran soren north and to the right, go through the canyon where all the bandits are... theres one there too.

Whats the best way to kill these things? I know you have to hit their weak spots but they always seem to heal after I barely hurt them.

Revan67
05-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Whats the best way to kill these things? I know you have to hit their weak spots but they always seem to heal after I barely hurt them.

Magick is the best weapon against golems I have seen.

Darc Jak
05-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah, if you're far enough to do the Duke's wyrm hunt, you can travel to Bluemoon without too much trouble. I go there everytime I turn on the game because there are great items in the chests and two wakestone shards that respawn every time up there. It is a pretty far hike though.

BloodGodAlucard
05-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Magick is the best weapon against golems I have seen.

Can you please elaborate on this. I'm a sorcerer and know most of the spells. Yet I can never do any damage to golems at all. What spells are you supposed to use?

Revan67
05-29-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't know what spells they were using it was a hired pawn. It rained down fire on the golem and the other summoned a tornado

BloodGodAlucard
05-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Okay that sounds like Bolial (meteor spell) and Maelstrom (tornado summoning spell.) I have both of those now. I haven't tried fighting one since I was a mage the first time and got completely destroyed by it. I'll give it a go now that I'm stronger. Thanks for the tips. :)

Nuke2099
05-30-2012, 01:16 AM
This is completely wrong, Golems take no damage at all from magic attacks, their completely immune, best way to take them out is to climb and stab those glowing amulets.

BloodGodAlucard
05-30-2012, 04:42 AM
This is completely wrong, Golems take no damage at all from magic attacks, their completely immune, best way to take them out is to climb and stab those glowing amulets.

Actually I was able to kill my first one today with a party of myself as a Sorcerer, 2 Mage pawns, and my Warrior pawn. I used the High Bolial meteor spell to kill it. It took a while though. Ideally you will have a Ranger with you that knows to climb it and slash the amulets. It is possible to kill it using magic though just so you know.

Revan67
05-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Actually I was able to kill my first one today with a party of myself as a Sorcerer, 2 Mage pawns, and my Warrior pawn. I used the High Bolial meteor spell to kill it. It took a while though. Ideally you will have a Ranger with you that knows to climb it and slash the amulets. It is possible to kill it using magic though just so you know.

Oh thats probably what happened then my ranger was probably owning the hell out of it without me even thinking about plus i was stabbing it in the weak spots while the sorcs nuked the hell out of it.

LordDVS
05-30-2012, 06:20 AM

That's what the pawns say, but it isn't entirely true. The 2 highest spells, do crazy AoE damage that do direct damage. Magic generally doesn't target directly, to hit those select points. Same could be said for physical attacks. Again, unless you are hitting the select spots, it's all futile.

Nuke2099
05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Really? I stand corrected then. I got told different sorry.

I guess they just take less damage from magic then.