PDA

View Full Version : Is your EASHL rating cumulative?

LordOdadjian
05-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I've been at C+ for a couple of games in a row despite having a bunch of A- or B+ games. But I've been awful for a LOOONG time. Are the ratings based on the past few games or is it based on your entire history?

Because if so, I might give up on this Pro card achievement. I'll easily get my 10 wins but I don't want to spend ages ranking from C+ to B-.

CanuckLefty
05-30-2012, 01:40 AM
It's an average of your last 20 games. Don't get discouraged, everyone of us has had a rough stretch.
I usually play defence, which is probably the easiest for the purposes of the achievements, but you'll find yourself getting much much better - I'm markedly better at both ends of the ice (I'm at about 135 games now).

LordOdadjian
05-30-2012, 02:28 AM
It's an average of your last 20 games. Don't get discouraged, everyone of us has had a rough stretch.
I usually play defence, which is probably the easiest for the purposes of the achievements, but you'll find yourself getting much much better - I'm markedly better at both ends of the ice (I'm at about 135 games now).

Thanks a lot for the response!

Bohemian
05-30-2012, 07:04 AM
I've been at C+ for a couple of games in a row despite having a bunch of A- or B+ games. But I've been awful for a LOOONG time. Are the ratings based on the past few games or is it based on your entire history?

Because if so, I might give up on this Pro card achievement. I'll easily get my 10 wins but I don't want to spend ages ranking from C+ to B-.

I'm in the same boat as you man. I suck at EASHL and i want that Legend card, i think i suck cos i live in Australia and we have massive lag so i can't really do much online. So it's going to be tough.

Bassani 097
06-03-2012, 09:36 AM
One of the best ways that I found to get your grade up when you have a lower grade is to either make a defensive d man or to have a tough guy winger. Passing, puck control, stick checking, shot blocking & body checking, some aggressiveness, balance, strength, & about a 15 point difference lower on acceleration from speed with a 85-95 on endurance should help out. Kinda hard to give you a decent set up not knowing how many points you have to spend on your player.

Having the d man, you pretty much just need to play solid d. The winger, just go around hitting other players for the most part. Winning fights with the winger helps too.

When putting on your attribute boosts, use the boosts for the attributes that cost the most points. For example, you'd want to use them on body checking & not discipline because the more you add on body checking, the more it costs every few times you add more to it whereas discipline just costs 10 points each time. Hope you're following me on that.

I posted in the trade thread that I'm looking for a few people to help me out finishing my legend card. It can be done via OTP, it just needs to be set up right & have players who know what they're doing. Each game shouldn't take more than about 5 minutes if it's done right by boosting.

CanuckLefty
06-04-2012, 01:19 AM
One other thing I wanted to offer (and this applies especially if you grind out the requirements via Club or Drop-In games): Don't quit out. You'll get all F's for the game, which is, obviously, difficult to recover from. I lost a drop-in game 6-0 and still had an A+ for position and C's for the other two stats. As the old saying goes, "you don't go broke making a profit."

Shinnizle
06-26-2012, 02:45 AM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7694928.page

A little insight on how it's calculated, if you're curious about it.

And I don't know what to say about the grades... I find them mostly retarded (i.e. your team play goes down if you get hit too much even if every time you were hit you didn't have the puck, not enough Team Play given for takeaways, etc.), yet I have no problem getting good grades.

I guess it helps to play with the same people, just like in real life, and develop chemistry. My buddy and I have been playing a thousand EASHL/OTP games per yearly release since it's inception in NHL 09, and we have developed a way to play most positions together and be effective, while most of the time knowing what the other will do. So I guess all I can recommend is: Play as a team with other people, and try to stay with them. I've seen horrible defensemen get straight A+'s without breaking a sweat that way.