PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

dang racoons
05-29-2012, 07:19 PM
I've heard that overall the DLC is good, however the main complaint I've seen is that it's a bit on the short side.

I was already unsure if I would get this on release or wait for a sale, so hearing some opnions and thoughts would be appreciated.

iBuzz7S
05-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Here's 2 reviews. Note that they do contain spoilers.

http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-harley-quinns-revenge-dlc-review/
http://www.oxmonline.com/batman-arkham-city-%E2%80%94-harley-quinn%E2%80%99s-revenge-review-0

KennyJive
05-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm definitely not satisfied with having paid 800 points for it. Like a said in a previous thread, the dlc ends and you're pretty much at the same spot you were at the end of the campaign. No new information, no hints at a sequel. Nothin'.

Demolition D
05-29-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't know about all of you, but I am really enjoying the DLC.

dang racoons
05-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Well from both of those reviews it sounds like it's not bad but the price is a bit steep for what you get.

WickedD365
05-29-2012, 07:48 PM
From everything I am reading and the reviews it sounds like it's fun and all, but too short and not really fulfilling story wise.

I'll wait till it goes on sale myself.

dang racoons
05-29-2012, 08:08 PM
From everything I am reading and the reviews it sounds like it's fun and all, but too short and not really fulfilling story wise.

I'll wait till it goes on sale myself.

Ye I think I'll do the same, I've still got a lot to do in the main game so I can hold off for a sale.

Thanks for the links as well as your own opinions guys.

Capt_Ron CFH 01
05-29-2012, 08:12 PM
It seems to be 50/50 with the reviews.

Games radar said buy it...oxm says 6/10 disappointing
IGN 9/10 amazing...Kotaku hated it

Reviews are opinions and I take a lot of gamesite reviews with a grain of salt seeing as most original things are "meh" while the newest COD is the next must have game to end all games.

I was excited for this dlc and will probably get it after work tonight.
Just a little on edge because it doesn't appear to really add anything else onto the AC storyarch other than a bit of clean up.

So you that have the dlc what say you? I value your opinions over that of douches like Greg Miller or Adam Sessler.

I see that KennyJive didn't like it, but anyone else?
If you liked it but had a chance to do it over again would it be something you could wait for?

I loved AA and AC, so like I said before I'll probably just cough up the 800msp tonight regardless.

JuSt BLaZe
05-29-2012, 08:13 PM
For me it was definitely worth it to complete the 1500 :gsicon:.

And come on!? 800 MSP worth 250 :gsicon: with easy achievements, no combat challenges. Hell of worth it.

VectorUSS
05-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I enjoyed it alot it's totally worth the 800 Microsoft points with really easy achievements sure it's a lil short but it's really fun and as far as hints to the next arkham all I know is *SPOILER* Harley had a false positive pregnancy test so no joker baby in the next arkham.

Darkforce412
05-29-2012, 09:07 PM
i dont know it seemed like their should have been a twist at the end or something i was very upset with this dlc, it could have been alot better but wow not very good:(

MoldyClay87
05-29-2012, 10:47 PM
For me it was definitely worth it to complete the 1500 :gsicon:.

And come on!? 800 MSP worth 250 :gsicon: with easy achievements, no combat challenges. Hell of worth it.

I know this is called Xbox360Achievements.org, but I buy my games and DLC for the... gameplay, you know? Like we did before 360 came along.

I don't weigh $10 by how many achievements I get or how much score they provide. I base it on length and potential enjoyment.

If this was 5 hours long and tons of fun, I'd drop $10 on it even if it had half the achievements/score or even none.

And if I was going by achievements, there are games/DLC for less with the same score or more.

I got 7-ish hours of enjoyment out of the story mode in Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and another 3 or so finishing the Arcade Mode 100% (even though there's no achievement for actually getting 3 Stars for all of the maps), 12 achievements and 200 GS. That was only $5 more than this. 50 less points, sure, but more time and achievements.

In any case, I'm excited for this, but I will wait it out for a while. Not because of price, though. I have other games to be playing, and I am working on the Challenge Maps (which, I happen to enjoy thoroughly, and only bought BECAUSE I enjoy them). I don't even want to play Harley's Revenge until I sit down and replay Arkham Asylum and City back to back (still need to play AA on Hard and AC on New Game+; Plan to do those together, and then play this). It would be a waste to blow $10 on it now and then find that by the time I finally get to playing it, it is on sale for $5.

iceman87gt
05-29-2012, 11:40 PM
It is short, and there are only 30 balloons to keep you interested while playing through it (as opposed to balloons, cameras, riddles, and trophies).

I enjoyed playing it but it was not 2 hours of Arkham City, its 2 hours. By that I mean you could get sidetracked and turn what should have only taken you 2 hours into 4 or 5 hours in the main game by doing side missions or looking for trophies/riddles, here your only option is play the story and pop some balloons.

I really think they should have included a new map or 2 for the challenges for 800 MSP, this probably should have been around 560 MSP as it is.

Deamer Durden
05-30-2012, 12:37 AM
The DLC is short but it's only $10. splurge a little. its good batman fun

MrSteel74
05-30-2012, 02:35 AM
For 10 bucks I was hoping for something more even a little more to the ending would have made me happy, you beat it and nothing happens. So if you can wait till it goes on sale by all means do so I wish I did.

xXmyxxmastaXx
05-30-2012, 02:42 AM
No , no, no get the goty edition or wait for it to go onsale. not worth 10 bucks maybe 5 or 6 at most.

Drucifer82
05-30-2012, 05:12 AM
The balloons weren't even that fun, more of a nuisance. I had to play three times to find them all. Probably the most effort I've put into a cheev since the Riddler cheevs.

UnDeadVision726
05-30-2012, 05:21 AM
I bought and completed this DLC in one sitting and while it was nice to get back to the story instead of just more challenge maps, it is not worth the price. The addition of the Harley balloons was a nice try to extend the play time, but most of them are right in front of your face and impossible to miss...

Other than that, I have to say the biggest disappointment was the ending. I won't spoil anything for those of you who have not played or completed it yet, but I was hoping for something more than what I got... Not even much... Just something...

...sigh

MicroCool
05-30-2012, 04:37 PM
It seems a majority thought this would be a 6 hour DLC and lead up to the next Batman game which probably won't be out for a long time. The triailers and even Rocksteady said this was about a 2 hour campaign and taking place 6 months after the events of game. You could tell from the achievements before hand that it was 4 chapters. It was fun and entertaining and I've paid more for a lot worse than this. If your a fan of the game then I would suggest buying it. Rocksteady has given us 2 great games so I don't mind paying $10 to them.

h0lydr1ver317
05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
i loved it really but if your looking for closure you wont find it here as well as no hints as to whats to come

sleepydumbdude
05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
I'd wait for a sale and I love Batman. The story doesn't add a whole lot that you didn't all ready know. I think its over priced for what it is. They should have added some new costumes or avatar awards or something for the price it was. I think 560 would have been an ok price.
It was difficult for me because I forgot how to play the game and spent the first 30 minutes trying to remember how to KO dudes that were stunned on the ground. I died like three times and still beat the game in under 2 hours. I'll probably wait until the next game comes out to mop up the balloon achievements i missed.

ofay
05-30-2012, 05:59 PM
I enjoyed it alot it's totally worth the 800 Microsoft points with really easy achievements sure it's a lil short but it's really fun and as far as hints to the next arkham all I know is *SPOILER* Harley had a false positive pregnancy test so no joker baby in the next arkham.
Learn to use spoiler tags

Aquaman6686
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Playing as Robin was awesome, but the fun was diluted by being forced to be Batman for half the story, I was hoping to play as Robin for the solid two hours. I give it a 6.5/10.

taylorxxx
05-30-2012, 10:13 PM
not even close to being worth 10 bucks and i fucking love Batman. i beat it in less than an hour. now i just have to get balloons, which is a shitty way to get me to keep playing.

PASS! unless you are a crazy gamerscore whore, i guess.

sleepydumbdude
05-31-2012, 02:20 AM
Speaking of spoiler tags I didn't care for the ending

found it very anticlimactic and added very little to the story. I would liked it better if Robin would have died. What I thought was going to happen was that it looked like Gordon might jump in front of Batman to take Harley's bullet. I would have rather had this happen and leave Batman's will even more broken.

xXmyxxmastaXx
05-31-2012, 03:58 AM
this dlc was a money grab

McGoogles
05-31-2012, 04:19 AM
I liked it, although it may be because I haven't played the game for a long time and it was a nice refresher from the repetitive campaign challenges.

The ending, however, was a bit disappointing. Not being able to free-roam with Robin was also lame.

VectorUSS
05-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Learn to use spoiler tags

Enlighten me then

ChickinOnaChain
05-31-2012, 02:00 PM
I keep reading 50/50 good and bad, so for now, I'm passing on it. I just need to start the game. I've had it for MONTHS and haven't played it yet.

JuSt BLaZe
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Enlighten me then

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/faq.php?faq=general

Moshalisa
05-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Can't honestly say that i was impressed by this dlc. Was expecting so much from it, but there just wasn't much content story-wise. It wasn't very challenging, and as for two hours worth of gameplay, i pretty much got all the achievements in about an hour and a half :/
I dunno, i feel that they could done a lot with it, but it just seemed like an excuse to make a bit of an extra money... i would have rather they didn't do it at all rather than - what seemed to be - a bit of a poor attempt.

Scenery was beautiful, i loved all the new parts added to represent harley, death of the joker etc. But i dunno, there was something missing, just didn't live up to the hype imo.

VectorUSS
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/faq.php?faq=general

Thank blaze :rock

JuSt BLaZe
06-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Thank blaze :rock

Anytime dude! :drunk

supernumian
06-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Mmm...
I think that it was a little bit expensive for what offers in term of lenght.
However, Rocksteady made a great Batman game and this DLC confirm it.
Good story, good characters and if you don't purchase the Robin Challenge DLC you have the chance to play with it that is pretty cool.

And, of course, if you want the 100%, you need it. Achievements are really simple and funny.

cjdavies
06-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Will wait for it to go on sale then.

TriRock
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
I enjoyed it, and thought the price was appropriate. Looking forward to the inevitable third installment.

Ninja Sandman
06-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Ok so I just beat it half an hour ago and heres my opinion. Buy it now lol. I am a huge batman nut but here is the main thought behind the "buy it now" without falling back on that. Looking at what microsoft has put on sale since last december and it's hard to imagine they would put any real quality dlc like this on sale for at least another six months if not longer. So is it worth it to wait so long to maybe save 400 msp? Not really. Rocksteady can gladly have the full asking price for making such a high quality experience. Now having said that I would warn the dlc is short and dosent add a lot to the story but it does what its supposed to do. I won't spoil anything but it's called harley quinns revenge. You should have an idea what your getting into based on that. It lets you actually step into robins shoes without just having to complete another challenge map which is nice. If you love the game and are looking for extra fun then why wait? Dont expect to get a full 10 hour campain feel from this or you will be let down cuz chances are you will beat it in one sitting. I think most people who are dissapointed are actually upset with how abruptly it ends and wish there was more, and I agree with you guys on that, I just think most people expected too much instead of enjoying it for what it is. The only thing dissapointing to me was the ending, everything else was just more batman ac fun. Hope this helps.

i fist brown i
06-16-2012, 03:02 AM
i say wait for it to go on sale. i had the impulse buy the day it came out and just got around to beating it 2 days ago... definitely short and not very interesting.

HalfEVILmonkey
07-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Loved this DLC and thought it was very high quality and good voice acting as usual. It is obvious Rocksteady put some thought and effort into it, unlike *cough* EPIC's Gears sh*tfest *cough*. But it was too short and the narrative could have been expanded a little more, maybe diving a little more in depth into Batman's state of mind.

Overall I really enjoyed it though.

Capt_Ron CFH 01
07-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Wait for it to go on sale as other than a few more achievements it really adds nothing to the game.

I waited until now to pick up this DLC. Xbox live rewards is running a special for July 2012 on superhero content. Spend 800 msp on superhero content (add ons/avatar junk/etc) and get 200 points back.

So I decided to spring for Harley's Revenge.

First off I don't have the Robin or Nightwing packs so I did finally get to play as Robin but that only doesn't sell the DLC.

Combat wise it's extremely easy, a few shield thugs, a couple of shock sticks here, and one titan thug. Everyone else is cruisin' for a bruisin'.

It was nice to go back into Arkham City for somthing other than a challenge map or another playthough, but the DLC is very linear meaning it takes place in and around the steel mill so you won't be allowed to travel anywhere else. The farthest you get away while playing as Batman are the cranes outside amusement mile.

Overall I loved Arkham City but this DLC really does nothing to add to the story. Harley's in mourning, Batman is brooding and Robin wants to help but that's about it. Combat is easy and other than finding all 30 balloons the achievements are easy too. (Balloons aren't tough but may require a couple of play throughs if you don't use a video to find them)

I'm not saying the DLC is junk, it's just really short (I beat it twice in a 2 hour sitting) and other than achievements it adds nothing to the story unless there's a hidden room like in Arkham Asylum that we all missed.

Wait for a sale or if you don't really care about achievements, skip it.

cloud72
07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Really enjoyed the DLC, a little short but loved playing as Robin for parts of it and correct me if im wrong but there were a few new pieces of music in this DLC that were AWESOME