PDA

View Full Version : Online Co-op?

Motorexskygtr32
05-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Will it supports online co-op for Streets of Rage 1-3 in this collection? I tried to find information about it and found nothing about it.

Edit: Okay, it took me awhile to digging around and found this site that mainly focused on co-op games on all systems.

According to the link- http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8139/golden-axe-and-streets-of-rage-sega-vintage-collections-coming-to-xbla.html

It says that it will supports online and local 2 players co-op of all 3 games in SoR and Golden Axe as well. It's on the last paragraph.

X360a news said nothing about it and it surprised me because they usually know and would announced it but they didn't.

bentiancai
05-30-2012, 12:22 AM
It will support online co-op as the official website says, now my only concern is if I switch the language to japanese, am I able to play the japanese version of streets of rage 3(I mean bare knuckle 3)

KeepEmRolling
05-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Just an FYI...achievements can only be obtained in local mode.

Motorexskygtr32
05-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Just an FYI...achievements can only be obtained in local mode.

That's disappointing. Thanks.

Heybunny
05-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Achievements aren't unlocking for me in local co-op with my bf, but they'll unlock for him (he's player 1). I can't pause the game or anything, just control characters. Very disappointing. :(

KeepEmRolling
06-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Achievements aren't unlocking for me in local co-op with my bf, but they'll unlock for him (he's player 1). I can't pause the game or anything, just control characters. Very disappointing. :(

I'd like to think that one day a developer would get co op right for these games. At least there is co op in this and golden axe but not allowing achievements in online co op and possibly for player 2 based on your experience is just dumb.

Kahn13
06-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I'd like to think that one day a developer would get co op right for these games. At least there is co op in this and golden axe but not allowing achievements in online co op and possibly for player 2 based on your experience is just dumb.

A few things though. I don't like forced online achievements in games like this IF it offers local co-op also (if they're going to be specific i'd rather have Single Player/Local Co-op. There's nothing more annoying than achievements like Backbones' Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe releases having it specify "online" even though the game offers Local Co-op anyway.

But yeah, otherwise I agree, it's stupid and annoying having it specific. Partly ruins the fun and desirable incentive to run through co-op in the first place (the Doom games also come to mind). It's not even that playing solo is necessarily more of a challenge (since sometimes it's just as easy either way) - it's just simply sometimes more fun doing it all at once in co-op.

KeepEmRolling
06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
A few things though. I don't like forced online achievements in games like this IF it offers local co-op also (if they're going to be specific i'd rather have Single Player/Local Co-op. There's nothing more annoying than achievements like Backbones' Streets of Rage 2 and Golden Axe releases having it specify "online" even though the game offers Local Co-op anyway.

But yeah, otherwise I agree, it's stupid and annoying having it specific. Partly ruins the fun and desirable incentive to run through co-op in the first place (the Doom games also come to mind). It's not even that playing solo is necessarily more of a challenge (since sometimes it's just as easy either way) - it's just simply sometimes more fun doing it all at once in co-op.

I agree 100%....I just wish some of the achievements such as clearing all the games, were unlocked playing online coop.