PDA

View Full Version : Detected immediately upon data hacking stunned enemy? (MP)

spxyu02
05-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, maybe this is expected behavior, but I've been messing around with the stun gun in my scout class and whenever I start data hacking someone I've just stunned, I immediately receive the "detected" notification in red at the top of my screen.

Is this always the case, or has the enemy I've stunned done something to alert his teammates to my presence. When the opposing team plays well together, I never get the data hack completed since the enemy I stunned has a teammate around the corner to take me out. That is the life of a sneaky data thief I suppose ;-)

XcS Dead Deer
05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
It's always the case. Recall that when an enemy is hacking your teammate, you automatically know where he is at, no matter your position on the map. When you hack somebody, they get the same notification and knowledge of your whereabouts

spxyu02
05-29-2012, 08:54 PM
It's always the case. Recall that when an enemy is hacking your teammate, you automatically know where he is at, no matter your position on the map. When you hack somebody, they get the same notification and knowledge of your whereabouts

OK cool, that makes sense. I've been playing with the volume off a lot lately, so I probably don't fully grasp a lot of those notifications on both sides. Thanks.

Tha Mantis
05-30-2012, 12:59 AM
Why are you playing with the volume off? That would definitely render my playing ability.

MyPetWorm
05-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Why are you playing with the volume off? That would definitely render my playing ability.

In this game, sound is almost a requirement to be any good at it. I personally play many games in silent, as I don't need the sound so listen to music or other things at the same time. This game though? I need my sound xD

ryzilla
05-30-2012, 01:25 AM
i sneak out of bed so my wife and son sleep i play games :D

spxyu02
05-30-2012, 02:17 AM

Normally I have my turtle beaches on, definitely, but I've been house/dog-sitting lately and can't have headphones on so I can hear the dog wandering around and the TV volume is kept either low or off as not to freak the dog out, etc.

But yea, hopefully once the TBs are back on, things will be better. Now if only we could fix the lag & crazy kill cams, but I guess that's another thread :-p

Maka
05-30-2012, 11:47 PM
When it happens, the enemy calls out for help, alerting his teammates to the hacking.