PDA

View Full Version : new dlc items a joke

Darth Cuda
05-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Save your mobey unless you are starting a new game they are weak extremley.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
05-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Wont ever buy dlc from capcom as its always Disc Locked Content.

Revan67
05-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Save your mobey unless you are starting a new game they are weak extremley.

You referring to the captains armor and such? It's really good when dragonforged

Darth Cuda
05-30-2012, 06:00 AM
You referring to the captains armor and such? It's really good when dragonforged

No the new stuff.

LordDVS
05-30-2012, 06:14 AM
New stuff. Old stuff. What stuff?!

Only DLC I noticed other than the 2000 RC packs, was the Special Pawns you could get in the rift. I'm interested in this armor, but what items exactly are the ones that suck?

H2O
05-30-2012, 07:20 AM
but what items exactly are the ones that suck?

These,

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/The-Monster-Hunter/6c7aa985-1bfd-46df-8d72-a9107094f6fa

They're not quite so bad once upgraded though & i assume they have hidden stat boosts against the monsters in their descriptions...

Still not really worth the money though...:(

Azrael008uk
05-30-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm not complaining considering Capcom's usual Idea of DLC is charge 1200 MSP for a "Costume Change" that consists of changing the colour of Blanka's underpants and hair.

They should have a boost against specific creatures so don't write them off completely.

Also available is the 2nd batch of 10 extra quests.

Az

LordDVS
05-30-2012, 02:06 PM
These,

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/The-Monster-Hunter/6c7aa985-1bfd-46df-8d72-a9107094f6fa

They're not quite so bad once upgraded though & i assume they have hidden stat boosts against the monsters in their descriptions...

Still not really worth the money though...:(

Thank you. I guess I've been to busy playing the game to find this? I don't know, I mean, if they are stronger vs certain mobs, $3 doesn't sound that ridiculous.

Especially considering how much gouging Capcom does with their fighting games. But I may be speaking too soon (I'm sure I am).

Mist
05-30-2012, 02:08 PM
They're weak before you upgrade them. It's basically made so that you can keep them with you for a very long time through upgrades.

Big To
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
My friend used the bow that says it's exceptional against gryphons and that dropped its health down past one bar in a few shots. So yeah, they're meant to be overpowered against a certain enemy and underwhelming against everything else.

H2O
05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Thank you. I guess I've been to busy playing the game to find this? I don't know, I mean, if they are stronger vs certain mobs, $3 doesn't sound that ridiculous.

Especially considering how much gouging Capcom does with their fighting games. But I may be speaking too soon (I'm sure I am).

I'm probably being a little harsh. They start weak but the upgrades seem to give a bigger bonus than with other weapons. Although they also require rarer parts.

They're weak before you upgrade them. It's basically made so that you can keep them with you for a very long time through upgrades.

This seems likely.

& probably a good design idea actually.

Mist
05-30-2012, 02:30 PM
So yeah, they're meant to be overpowered against a certain enemy and underwhelming against everything else.

Ah, yes, forgot to point that out, thanks.

Darth Cuda
05-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Well weight system doesnt favor carrying large loads so I still dont think its a great idea unless 1 enemy type seems to be your bane.

LordDVS
05-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Well weight system doesnt favor carrying large loads so I still dont think its a great idea unless 1 enemy type seems to be your bane.

That's what I was thinking. Unless you were, *Monster Hunting*, it would suck to drag along all that extra weight. But I guess if you have one type that griefs you, one of these would come on handy.

helta_skelta
05-31-2012, 05:23 AM
i got them yesterday and i dont mind them