PDA

View Full Version : How do I... well... anything at all?

Wes Ide
08-30-2007, 12:49 AM
I tuned up the Red Sox stats to all the way to the right and then went to play the Florida Marlins, the 30th place team. I also had entered in the cheat Derek Jeter and turned on 2 strikes, the one where bunts become potential home runs, turbo, and so on. I'm getting owned by the Marlins. My pitches aren't being strike outs (I've figured out pressing a button on my controller will throw the ball, at least). As for when I am up at bat, I have no idea what to do. So far, I've figured out that, if I move the right analog stick and press Y, I can sometimes get in a bunt position, but even if a pitch comes my way, it's getting past my bunt and becoming a strike. I have no idea how to swing, despite the game having said to press A. I do that and nothing happens. This game is a rental and I had hoped to get 1000 before having to return it. Can anyone help me by telling me how to play it?

Nbag3
08-30-2007, 01:18 AM
The trick is that Red Socks suck you have to be the Yankees if you want any achievements.

Try switching you controller from swing stick to A button to swing

Shaaady Souljah
08-30-2007, 01:22 AM
read the instructions. and SEARCH the forums. i remember i posted very specific "how-to-pitch" instructions (you have to push the button twice total; once you hold and once you tap at the end), to name one helpful thing... once you have the stats skewed, it does not matter who you use—the sox will work great. and against any bad team is fine too. basically, you just need to learn the controls and practice a lot and you will be fine.