PDA

View Full Version : DOOM 3 BFG Edition Coming to PS3, 360 and PC This Autumn

iBuzz7S
05-30-2012, 02:18 PM
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the first person shooter. It includes DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, as well as the ‘Lost Mission.’ All DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in stunning 3D for an even more terrifying FPS experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYq2XWAQxUk

Too little, maybe too late? The games are already available via Xbox LIVE, but would you re-buy for the re-mastered experience? I sure as hell would!

Source: Bethesda Blog (http://www.bethblog.com/)

Gackt
05-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Doom 3 was disappointing. They took what made doom great which was a corridor shooter with tons of demons to kill, to a dark corridor shooter with 1 to 2 enemies hiding to kill at a time. Just didn't feel as great as Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, or Doom 64. I wish they would release Doom64 for the 360...THAT I would buy.

ChickinOnaChain
05-30-2012, 02:25 PM
I had DOOM 3, I think it was #3, on my PC years ago. It was pretty cool looking but very dark. I'd like to see it again.

mrj3d
05-30-2012, 02:49 PM
eh... might pick it up when it's cheap.

DecadentBeaver
05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
If they released Final Doom and Doom 64 then yes I'd buy it in an instant. Doom 3 never floated my boat. I already have Doom and Doom 2 downloaded so pointless me buying it really.

ALF 133
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I Thought Doom 3 Was Great.....
Id Buy This Remake, Would Be Fun To Replay and Get Some Achievement While Doing So!

Kunduz
05-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd give it a go, though already have DOOM 1 & 2 for the 360....

Barad
05-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I enjoyed DOOM 3, will probably get this!

kyboy
05-30-2012, 04:26 PM
I might pick it up. depends on the price. but DOOM64, there would be no question, id pick that up very quick.

Nevander
06-03-2012, 07:52 AM
The games are already available via Xbox LIVE, but would you re-buy for the re-mastered experience?

Only DOOM 1 and DOOM 2 is, DOOM 3 is not on originals or GoD I believe.

Doom 3 was disappointing. They took what made doom great which was a corridor shooter with tons of demons to kill, to a dark corridor shooter with 1 to 2 enemies hiding to kill at a time. Just didn't feel as great as Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, or Doom 64. I wish they would release Doom64 for the 360...THAT I would buy.

Yes, the style was changed, but that's due to the times. I doubt we'll see Doom64 because of it being on Nintendo. It's just like trying to get Goldeneye 64 on the arcade. It won't happen.

If they released Final Doom and Doom 64 then yes I'd buy it in an instant. Doom 3 never floated my boat. I already have Doom and Doom 2 downloaded so pointless me buying it really.

Final Doom, however, could be brought out. Will they? I hope so, but I doubt it. As for the first two being pointless, I hope the achievements stack with the others. I want to 200 Doom 1 and 2 twice.

Arenazombie
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
As for the first two being pointless, I hope the achievements stack with the others. I want to 200 Doom 1 and 2 twice.

I don't think you'll be able to 200 them twice, since if they get a new list it will probably be 400 ;-)
But I think they either include that in the original 1000, add that like DLC achs, give you the original 200 or give you no achs at all.
My bet would go on the original 200.

Jet1337
06-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I'd buy this game for two reasons:

1. To support Id

2. Doom 3 was fucking awesome

I still have the Xbox version of Doom 3 and RoE. I play them from time to time. They're still fun games.

Gunther Hermann
06-11-2012, 12:40 AM
I also had this on PC and its one of my favourite games. I didn't have the xbox version so Im hoping playing on co-op will be fun.

Viper187
10-04-2012, 08:32 PM
DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection

I call bullshit. Doom 64 was honestly my favorite of the series, and Final Doom being left out is just stupid.

Destro
10-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I got to admit it should had include DOOM 64, cause honestly Doom 1 and 2... everybody that had to buy them already did... Basically you pay 40$ for 2 old games(DOOM 3 and ROE) so its up to see if its worth it. Playing them online alone would be worth it for me, but i know by 1 month after release there won't be anybody left... That was like that on Quake Arena for 360... this generation is usually not into retro gaming... they rather play Call of Duty 7-8-9 or whatever number they are at. People prefer to replay 60$ to play the same game every year with 2 or 3 addition... oh and a 4 hour campaign... LOL. And before you say, yes i did buy the CODs, if you wanna play VS first person multiplayer its either that or halo.. every other game don't last... But i would happily go back to old scool quake/doom.

And to get back on Doom 64, i guess they could rename it Doom something else, its not like Nintendo own the liscence, we saw a bunch of games on xbox that where N64(perfect dark, duke nukem 64) even Conker was ported to the original xbox... I don't see why they can't release this.

Anyway, im still thinking about if i buy it or not... i guess i want to play online so better hurry up, but im not that in a hurry to play Doom 3 campaign, not with the lots of great games release in this season.. they should had release this in the dead season.

I got to admit i never brough Doom 3 until i found it in a bargain bin at 5$... and i never got far into it... it annoyed me to switch the flashligh and guns... i hope this will at least have the scotchtape patch.

Killbomb
10-11-2012, 03:05 AM
I loved Doom 3. Having to switch to the flashlight created a lot of tension and frantic moments. The whole atmosphere of the game was very creepy as well. I loaned my PC copy to a friend years ago and haven't gotten it back yet due to distance so I think I'll be picking this up for the HD update as well as the Lost Missions. Hope you can turn off the new armor mounted flashlight though.

Destro
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
I guess its a matter of opinion... but personally it just annoyed me. In a FPS im expecting to run and gun, its just i don't see Doom as an horror game if i can say...

If there is no scotch patch, i guess i will just turn the brighness super hight in the game...lol

Nevander
10-14-2012, 06:14 AM
Good news guys, I have an achievement guide almost finished already for day one. Even though I probably won't be receiving my copy until the 18th, I will publish it (since I know a lot of it already) and you guys can help it along until I can properly finish it. It's about 85% done at the moment and will probably be 95% percent on release day.

Sorry if anyone else was planning on writing one but I'm a big Doom fan so as soon as the list was revealed, I hopped to it. :p

Will also be publishing a Serious Sam 3 guide too on the 17th if any of you guys will be getting it as well.

Darkforce412
10-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Good news guys, I have an achievement guide almost finished already for day one. Even though I probably won't be receiving my copy until the 18th, I will publish it (since I know a lot of it already) and you guys can help it along until I can properly finish it. It's about 85% done at the moment and will probably be 95% percent on release day.

Sorry if anyone else was planning on writing one but I'm a big Doom fan so as soon as the list was revealed, I hopped to it. :p

Will also be publishing a Serious Sam 3 guide too on the 17th if any of you guys will be getting it as well.

looking forward to it man could really use a good guide to get everything i need in this game, thanks:)