PDA

View Full Version : Bad audio?

Kivlov
05-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Every version I have ever played of Streets of Rage 1 has had the same decent audio.

Yet in the version in this it has some weird out of tone beat during some sections, such as the boss music, and level 3, 4 and 5 etc. Just one tone that is off.

Anyone know why this is?

Because I hate it so much it ruins the game. I thought it was the version but it is the same on US and Europe versions.

It is harsh as this is the perfect example of how arcade games should be and I have been wanting Streets of rage 1 on the arcade for so long and was sick of playing the mega drive collection just to play it, and now the audio sounds like a gnat farting.

In the Jukebox section, it seems like its whatever tone is coming out of the FM channel 02 audio line.

Man On The Run
06-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I know what you mean but i actually think were hearing the music as its meant to be. Well thats one theory as i dont believe they have altered the mix as the games seem to be the exact versions from each region in the same state they were always in, even down to the dots on the borders :D

I have the official soundtracks from these games so ill have a listen.

Beardyboo
06-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Another thought is that it may be the emulation. I would hazard a guess at that is exactly what it is. Either that or your sound needs adjusting.

Kivlov
06-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Go into your game and play for example the SoR1 level 3 music in the jukebox alongside this version:

Moon Beach - Streets of Rage (Genesis) Music Extended - YouTube

You will notice the weird difference.

The boss music is easiest to notice:

Streets of Rage - Boss Theme - Sega Genesis/Mega Drive - YouTube

[Waggly Bean]
12-21-2012, 03:58 PM
I started this last night and noticed it straight away. I would say emulation too - it's literally like playing it on a bad PC emulator. :(

Played it online too, didn't realise online disables achievements - what the hell is that about?

Also suffered some slowdown during the game - couldn't tell if that was online lag or dodgy emulation either.

This package of three games should be awesome, but there are some horrible issues with it. Glad I only paid 400MSP for it....

ChickinOnaChain
12-21-2012, 04:07 PM
I would think it's bad because of the way games sounded back then...bad! They sucked compared to what games sound like today and even with today's technology, you can't make shitty sound, as good as today sound. Maybe a little better but that's all.

v_thorne
01-17-2013, 08:46 PM
I played this game on the Sega Genesis back in the day, and as far as I've noticed the audio for Streets of Rage 1 is fine. The boss music is the same as it was on the console port.

[Waggly Bean]
01-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah I've played it in local mode since I posted my message and it plays very accurately. Don't know whether the online is broken or me or my mate just had a dodgy connection, but I'd now say it was a lag problem.