PDA

View Full Version : Ur Dragon question

Sparda
05-31-2012, 09:34 PM
So can you get to the weak points on his wing tips with a melee character? I would like to know since I do like being a pure melee character. The only way I can even hit them is to climb up to the base of the wings, wait until he settles down, and then jump and take one swing at them. It's not easy.

Darth Cuda
05-31-2012, 09:59 PM
I too need tips for him, luckliy i switched to assassin but vocation lv is low. Any help at all please? Okay killed him but only ranged....also why does everyone on this site referance him as "Ur dragon"? Ive not seen any such title.

Sparda
05-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Well considering that the achievement to call him that names him, pawns will sometimes shout it, the tablet in the back of the chamber names him, and in the status screen Pawn Knowledge pops up and the Ur Dragon is there. Then yeah he's the Ur Dragon.

Darth Cuda
06-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Hmmmm i never saw any of that, strange. What ach are you referring to? I killed him but dont recall seeing it.

GriefCatalyst
06-01-2012, 06:36 AM
So can you get to the weak points on his wing tips with a melee character? I would like to know since I do like being a pure melee character. The only way I can even hit them is to climb up to the base of the wings, wait until he settles down, and then jump and take one swing at them. It's not easy.

Frankly, contribute as much damage as you can by focusing on his hind legs and heart (by climbing the hind legs or his arms). I usually have each generation (new spawn) of the Ur-Dragon fly off after I've fought him for about fifteen minutes. If you're playing online, in that others have access to your pawn and you to theirs, it's all accumulative damage being done to him by others.

Generally, after returning two or three times in a two hour window -- he'll be low enough and you may be able to contribute to the kill. I've killed him four times now, have a Dragonforged Abyssinal set for both myself and my main pawn -- alongside a number of "legendary" weapons. It is worth the effort, I promise.

Darth Cuda
06-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Are we talking about the same dragon? I just now discovered there is a post game dragon. I thought i killed him damnit.

GriefCatalyst
06-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Are we talking about the same dragon? I just now discovered there is a post game dragon. I thought i killed him damnit.

I'm afraid we weren't. You killed what I assume is a Drake, just south-east of the Shadowfort? The Ur-Dragon is found in the Everfall, and in Cassardis during each NG+. Check the now "official" achievement guide for a few videos that might help you get to the Ur-Dragon while collecting Wakestones in Everfall.

That way you can familiarize yourself with the encounter.

Sparda
06-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Oh I've killed him six times online, fortunately each of those times his wings were already gone. But I'[ve switched over to Mystic Knight which is handy for attacking the wings. Not as good as my melee because my magic isn't the best. Oh well, I just kinda hate how you can't climb to his wing tips.

Ryuken808
06-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh I've killed him six times online, fortunately each of those times his wings were already gone. But I'[ve switched over to Mystic Knight which is handy for attacking the wings. Not as good as my melee because my magic isn't the best. Oh well, I just kinda hate how you can't climb to his wing tips.
Your not alone. My Ur-dragon is at half of its last hp bar and the only parts left are the top most part of the wings and its getting REALLY frustrating @_@.