PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is this NFS?

Frozen x360a
05-31-2012, 09:35 PM
How hard would you rate this game for an average gamer who isn't looking for any major challenge, maybe to get around 800G or so? Is it similar to Undercover? Thanks.

Xenolith666
06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
It's challenging to say the least, the dlc even more so due to the online challenges. But It's a doable 700-800 for sure.

Xerofox
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
The single player is short and easy, you can get the extreme achievement by playing the last race. Online isn't difficult at all, the challenges will come as you play. The single player challenges are not that hard, more trial and error. I rated it easy but meant to go for 4/5.

Rep
06-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Voted a 5 just because I completed it on Extreme without any problems. I don't know how challenging the online is, though. The time trials/challenges are not too difficult as well.

Spanish Assault
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I voted 7 cause the challenges are truly annoying. Im done with this game at about 450 GS.

vader99
07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
The challenges are a pain and a half. Took me at least a good hour and a half just for one set.

DMV
11-11-2012, 04:13 AM
I said 4. I completed the game months ago through all the struggles. Online, I am a very good racer, but there's this lag that ALWAYS happens, throws me out of the game and off of Autolog servers. Besides that, the online challenges are easy.

Blind x360a
06-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Impossible to win online..

DonTrombone7704
09-02-2013, 09:57 AM
1. Single-player: Your usual pain-in-the-butt difficulty. The settings were awesome but the story line was PUH at best. I haven't yet gotten Extreme Difficulty Achievement yet but I'll give it a try.

2. Multiplayer varies from challenging but fun, to bullshit, to almost ridiculously easy. Often times I finished at 3rd place, at least I get podium finishes. :) Still haven't gotten the 75G Bonus Wheel Achievement, nor King For A Day. My primary thing that gets me riled up is when I'm 1st place but then I either wreck or get stuck somehow and have to reset or go in reverse to get out.

3. Challenges: This is where my controller met it's violent demise. The first few were varying degrees of pain-in-the-ass difficult. "Time Hunter" drove me nuts but after finally mastering the ability of weaving through traffic, I managed to get 2.10 and that much wanted Gold Medal. Had it not been for a rough area, I might have platinumed it. Oh well. :) The next few series were also a pain, particularly the ones involving the U-Turn curves on the mountain highways.

However, it was when I got to Windy City, that controller debris flew across my room and embedded in the wall.

First off was "Lower The Wacker". Granted, this one didn't cause the controller's demise. This one though was a huge pain to complete and earn Gold. It took changing cars in order to do it. Not to mention trying to get around the 90-degree turns and avoid hitting the pesky police blockades.

When I got to the "GT-R SpecV Showdown", that was Doomsday for my controller as I rarely could go between checkpoints without constantly ramming into the wall to avoid traffic and AI competitors.

However the worst offender in this was when I kept trying to get Gold but even when I've had little in the way of contact with cars or walls, I never got better than 2.34.44. The last straw was when I was driving on this level and when I was not far from the end, a car for no reason suddenly cut in front of me, and caused me to crash and start over. This was when I was actually seemingly getting it right.

I came to the conclusion that it is down to almost sheer luck getting Gold on this piece-of-shit level. I haven't felt this much gamer rage in quite a while. It was when I wrecked due to a bus suddenly swerving for no reason like it encountered wildlife suddenly entering the road that I got so angry and threw the controller on the floor and broke it. Oh and combine that with constantly hitting the walls and losing speed so much. Needless to say it took me a long time to replace the controller.

If anyone on this forum has managed to beat this level, please tell me how you did it. In terms of Windy City, I gave up on this challenge series and am attempting Industrial Run. I mean really, did the makers of this level smoke some kind of poisoned weed when they made this? I've never dealt with BS like this in the NFS series. Now granted, every game has BS factors but the Bullshit Factor in "GT-R SpecV Showdown" is off the charts. The car itself is almost useless in this level and it's a damn nightmare getting it to go fast enough. Even the car Adam Sandler sang about might have worked better than this piece-of-shit-Mobile.

The redeeming factor though with Windy City was that it involved Chicago. Any games that have Chicago as a setting, I'll eat up so this was a treat to have Chicago as a playable city AND I got a Platinum Medal on the last level of Windy City so it stands with 3 Gold, 1 Platinum, and 1 Silver. The Video Game version of the Highways are almost nothing like the real-life versions though. :P

A month on after breaking my controller and finally replacing it, I'm still having a hard time shaking this traumatic gamer-experience off. As of this writing, I stand with 650G with NFS:TR.

4. Overall, I'd rate it a solid 9/10. If you took out "GT-R SpecV Showdown", it might have been maybe a 7.5 to 8.

DonTrombone7704
10-27-2013, 07:57 AM
UPDATE: By some ultimate divine intervention, I've finally gotten, by the ultimate miracle, or extremely divine luck, the platinum medal for the "GTR-Spec V Showdown"! :dance: I actually cried with joy and relief that I got it at all.

However that doesn't change that this is easily a 10 out of 10 in my book. For example, the miracle run ended when I got to the infamous "Live Free or Drive Hard". This one is notorious by the gaming community. I've tried it with faster vehicles and I'm only at level 24 as of this writing. Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me come close to getting the gold medal for this race.

Even on a miracle run where I made little to no contact with walls nor got off the pavement, and easily defeated opponents, I still barely got a silver medal on this level.

"GTR SpecV" was horrible enough, and "Time Hunter" seemed easy by comparison to this but "Live Free or Drive Hard" is impossible and I'm nowhere close to unlocking enough solo objectives to unlock the Porsche 918 and I don't have the drive to grind all the way to level 30 with the lack of techniques to get lots and lots of XP in races. "Industrial Run" technique sees me constantly wrecking or unable to catch up to the last opponent 80 percent of the time.

I could realistically get myself anywhere from 780 to 825 G before I put this game out into retirement.

It's still a fun game despite being among the weakest of the NFS series and having some really dumb and poorly thought-out achievements. Best of luck to ya. :)

Hughes83
03-18-2014, 08:59 PM
10/10 for me. The achievements related to the story are easy (just beat the game and you get them). I enjoyed the game, its sceneries, the landscapes, and the idea of driving across the US. The online is also pretty nice even though a little repetitive. The very bad and HORRIBLE part which made me hate this game was the challenges part. The times decided for the medals are pure shit, frustration at its best. So I'm trading in this game earning 455G so far, very VERY BAD.

CHIRUNO99
03-18-2014, 09:47 PM
10, only because I can't even stomach this game when trying to play the challenges. I never paid for it but it was just so dull to play.

DonTrombone7704
04-05-2014, 07:37 AM
UPDATE: I finally, FINALLY got gold on "Live Free or Drive Hard" at last!

Oh my god, what a fucking nightmare this was. It was worse than "Time Hunter", worse than "GTR-Spec V Showdown" and worse than just about anything from the "Most Wanted" NFS game even "Needle Hunter".

I used the Sesto Elemento and it was the car that finally got me to finish this game and now that it's done, I'm never, EVER touching this ever again!

This alone IMO puts NFS: The Run at a 10/10 just because of the challenges.

My final time is 2:19.83. I'm literally crying that now I'm among maybe 4% at max, of NFS: TR players who might have actually gotten gold on this challenge.

Good luck to all NFS players trying to tackle this. I feel like that I barely avoided giving myself my first heart attack or stroke out of sheer frustration and rage at how many times I've crashed into cars, could not beat the racer in time, or else just couldn't avoid those damn benches.

Platinum is out of the question now but I'm fine with it.

Good luck to all who are trying to beat this horrific nightmare race. Of all the levels I've played on this genre of gaming, "Live Free or Drive Hard" is hands down the most unforgiving, and difficult race I've ever tackled.

Now I'm onto getting gold on all other East Coast races and I can let the challenges rest in peace. :)

DonTrombone7704
04-05-2014, 10:20 AM
UPDATE AGAIN: I've finally gotten gold on the Final Event and now with all challenge achievements, I can let the 'challenges' part of this game rest in peace. :)

Good luck to all in trying to complete all the challenges. I found "Lakeshore Battle", "Time Hunter", "GTR Spec V Showdown" and the cardiac/gallstone fest "Live Free or Drive Hard" to be the hardest of all.

Once again, good luck everyone. :)

Rageous
07-08-2014, 03:45 AM
It's a 7/10. Live Free or Drive Hard can be a royal pain in the ass if you don't have the right cars (protip: Sesto is the popular pick, but the Nissan 240Z Fairlady "Miki" makes it such a breeze it's not even funny), and the Italian solo challenges require a solid weekend grinding with a dedicated partner. But other than that, everything can be wrapped up in about 3-4 days.