PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Vocation?

The Destroyernatorer
05-31-2012, 10:12 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120512230060/dragonsdogma/images/thumb/4/4d/DD_vocations_chart.jpg/647px-DD_vocations_chart.jpg

Just wondering what classes everyone prefers, and why?

Personally I adore the magick archer, after sampling the mage and mystic knight. I love how different the classes are, and how easy it is to switch! :)

Azrael008uk
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
I love being a Sorcerer.

Access to the high damage spells is awesome.

Also... with the High Level Lightning Strike...

You can target multiple body parts on an enemy... and when you unleash the bolt... it strikes every spot you touched (it's like getting a lock on).

You can drop large creatures pretty quick this way.

Az

BloodGodAlucard
05-31-2012, 10:40 PM
I agree with Azrael. I love being a sorcerer. It's very fun and I love the variety of spells you have access to.

Fallen0
05-31-2012, 10:48 PM
The mystic knight i have always loved heavy armor,swords & magic and this lets me use them all at once :woop:

LordDVS
05-31-2012, 11:39 PM
I've only played Fighter, Warrior, and MKnight so far. Out of those 3, I like the Mknight a lot, even though I normally would prefer a heavy damage dealer in games like these. I have no interest in archery really, but I think I will give Assassin a spin next.

And from what I'm hearing, I should get over my magi racisim and give Sorcerer a try. I've let my Pawn have fun for too long it seems...

CelticWarriorDB
05-31-2012, 11:48 PM
I love being an assassin. Having the ability to use swords with a bow is awesome.

Kunduz
06-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Assassin is always fun

ConfederateSuga
06-01-2012, 05:01 AM
Just because they have the 2 most over-powered abilities in the game, I'm going Ranger. Tenfold Arrow will one-shot any normal mob for the most part and wear bosses down at a faster DPS rate than any other class. And Endecad Shot is by far the best skill in the game for both multi-kills and, if you're right up on a mob's weakspot (IE: Drake's heart), it fires 11 arrows at double damage directly at it, so it's like hitting it with 22 arrows pretty much. Also, longbows have 'the' best stagger/knockback of any weapons in the game and it does it constantly. The 'only' time I use melee is if I'm climbing a mob, otherwise, longbow ftw!

Strider's ok, but the inaccuracy of the shortbow is a huge turn off after using the longbow. Oh, 'and', considering (if you have the coin), even the biggest boss mobs can easily be sleeped, silenced, poisoned, petrified, etc. with the right arrows equipped consistantly, that just makes it that much sweeter.

The Destroyernatorer
06-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I love being a Sorcerer.

Access to the high damage spells is awesome.

Also... with the High Level Lightning Strike...

You can target multiple body parts on an enemy... and when you unleash the bolt... it strikes every spot you touched (it's like getting a lock on).

You can drop large creatures pretty quick this way.

Az

The magick archer is similar with the hunter arrow thing. When you fully upgrade it you can select up to 10 different enemies to hit with arrows, or if it's a big boss like a cyclops, you can select all its individual body parts. That's how I wreck most larger enemies now, whilst I hide from atop a cliff where they can't reach me :p

TheLegendOf1977
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Just because they have the 2 most over-powered abilities in the game, I'm going Ranger. Tenfold Arrow will one-shot any normal mob for the most part and wear bosses down at a faster DPS rate than any other class. And Endecad Shot is by far the best skill in the game for both multi-kills and, if you're right up on a mob's weakspot (IE: Drake's heart), it fires 11 arrows at double damage directly at it, so it's like hitting it with 22 arrows pretty much. Also, longbows have 'the' best stagger/knockback of any weapons in the game and it does it constantly. The 'only' time I use melee is if I'm climbing a mob, otherwise, longbow ftw!

Have to agree! I pick this class in all my RPG's (when available) and only use my bow to pick off enemies from afar and when they come close i turn to daggers.
But i've found that in Dragon's dogma i use the bow on EVERY occasion, it just feels right and its powerfull!

T00L
06-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Though i play as an Assassin i use Bow and Daggers, like the Strider. I would have loved to use a Bow and a Sword since i used daggers the first playthrough, but i dont want to miss the abilities to double jump and dodge enemies. Still playing as Assassin because there are a few abilities for daggers which are just badass.

In my third playthrough i maybe try a Magic Archer..

Quintonir
06-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I love the Magick Archer. Decent armour options, daggers (I prefer them to swords in this game), and dem spells. Shadowshackle, Sixfold Bolt, Hunter Bolt, Advanced Trigger... the list goes on. I've never enjoyed crowd control so much. xD

Also, I was doing The Conspirator quest and found two new Magick Bows xD. Absolutely ridiculous. My damage output about doubled in less than half an hour.

The Destroyernatorer
06-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I love the Magick Archer. Decent armour options, daggers (I prefer them to swords in this game), and dem spells. Shadowshackle, Sixfold Bolt, Hunter Bolt, Advanced Trigger... the list goes on. I've never enjoyed crowd control so much. xD

Also, I was doing The Conspirator quest and found two new Magick Bows xD. Absolutely ridiculous. My damage output about doubled in less than half an hour.

Daggers are immense. I love rushing enemies with cutting wind, and then when you cut through them turning around and spamming thousand kisses. It's effective and stupidly fun.

Although it does make the MA seem overpowered -- being lethal from afar and up close.