PDA

View Full Version : Daily Challenges take the p***

o D M C o
06-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Im really starting to hate these things, two days ago I needed a 12 kill streak, yesterday and today I need to capture 7 objectives in one Conflict game. I dont even know if thats possible! My friends and I are all about average at the game, so why for every challenge is it purposely selecting the greatest accomplishment that any of my friends have done in the last 24hrs? They are almost always impossibly hard to do. Im gonna end up having to delete everyone off my list and do them with my second account.

Ive noticed on ta that several people have done 20 daily challenges already, does this mean that return fire from a daily challenge counts as another daily challenge? If so then its possible to do 3 every day. Can anyone confirm this please?

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
The fact you can only do one a day its just stupid and there always impossible.

o D M C o
06-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Theres another guide up on ta now that says that 'Beat your own' challenges count. I checked the stats website referenced in the ta guide and apparently I have completed 8 Daily Challenges, thats way more than I expected :woop:.
Check it to see your progress;

http://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/index/index/lang/en-GB

Credit to D3V1Lz ASSAZZ1N for this

XcS Dead Deer
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
At first I had some easy ones, like getting 8 stuns in a match, or killing 12 engineers. Now it's up to 27 rifleman, 23 intel assists in a match, and so on. And we're supposed to return these 5 times? Not gonna happen Ubi

Sarcasm
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
The best part about these is that they will recycle if you do not complete them!

So I got:
Kill an enemy from a distance greater than 96m in a single multiplayer match.

Complete more than 299 enemy detections in a single multiplayer match.

And God knows what else. These were just the recent ones.

XcS Dead Deer
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm starting to feel that this system is something Ubisoft should take a look at restructuring....

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-01-2012, 04:47 PM
My last 3 including todays.

Get a kill from more than 101 meters which was from opiate

Get 119 detection's in a match

Get more than 18k exp in a match ive got 17 and no higher (fuck you tiny!)

Scotty
06-01-2012, 05:46 PM
i've not done a single one of these yet. there is only 1 person on my friends list who has played this, but the first one i accepted was to get a kill at over 72 meters. sounds simple enough, but after my matches and i look at the challenge again it says something like 2.7/72, which means my longest yet was 2.7 meters. then i got thinking, 72m on this game is like the average width of one of the maps. for such a simple challenge, it was fucking impossible to do.

the next one i looked at was perform more than 1 revive in a match, which again sounds super easy, but i've probably only revived 2 people or so since i started playing, so getting 2 in 1 match would be pretty hard, how often do you actually see downed people, everyone just gets killed outright.

i'm not gonna bother accepting any of these, unless i see a very easy one just for the first cheevo for completing one, nevermind doing 20 of em'.

WalterWhite
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
The stuff you guys are describing sounds like bullshit. I forget exactly what the challenges I got from the one friend on my list who played this game were, but they were also as absurd as what you're all describing. It's as if the game creates a challenge mathematically that ends up either being an impossibility or damn close to one. It's noteworthy to me that they decided on very low gamerscore numbers for some of the more difficult achievements. As if they knew only boosters would ever be able to unlock them.

MyPetWorm
06-02-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm currently being told to get 15 stuns in one game...Will these ever go down? Did they even think about it?

Aiden 514
06-02-2012, 04:48 AM
My most recent one was to beat a 36 kill streak... I can barely do a 15 :(

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Remember for the volleys you need to return and finish them FIVE times! so they will get alot worse

ryzilla
06-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I have one today kills 34 rifleman in one game. Like wtf

fastNcurious
06-02-2012, 04:00 PM
For the volley one, would it be possible to "game" the system by removing all your friends who play GRFS, create a bogus account, and make that your only friend who plays GRFS. Then deliberately play crappy on the bogus account so your daily challenges are easier on your main account...?

xTGMx INF3RNO
06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
For the volley one, would it be possible to "game" the system by removing all your friends who play GRFS, create a bogus account, and make that your only friend who plays GRFS. Then deliberately play crappy on the bogus account so your daily challenges are easier on your main account...?

Yes people have been doing that. But im not deleting anyone

o D M C o
06-02-2012, 05:58 PM

I did this for the volleys Achievement. Also if you do this you can do 5 Daily challenges per day, if you manage to return fire all of the challenges with both accounts. Im now playing with only my alt account as a friend because for the third day in succession, I was asked to cap 7 objectives in a single Conflict match.

CatachanKid
06-03-2012, 12:11 AM
You guys need to man up, they are challenges for a reason! Ive had ridiculous ones too, but instead of whining on forums I go into a random game by myself determined to get 10 explosive kills or 23 riflemen kills. Come on people quit playing in a CoD manner and get Tactical!

MyPetWorm
06-03-2012, 03:00 AM
You guys need to man up, they are challenges for a reason! Ive had ridiculous ones too, but instead of whining on forums I go into a random game by myself determined to get 10 explosive kills or 23 riflemen kills. Come on people quit playing in a CoD manner and get Tactical!

Man up? You don't seem to realise how bad some of these challenges are, try beating these ones;
-Get more than 64 kills in a game
-Caputre 9 objective (I didn't even think 8 was possible)
-Get more than 44k points in a game

Telling people to man up does not help at all. I will never beat those challenges. Ever.

o D M C o
06-03-2012, 05:55 PM
@CatachanKid, the challenges you list arent ridiculous, just equip an underslung launcher and find a game where most of the opposition team are riflemen. Id love it if I could get something easy like that to do. If the game allowed for multiple challenges per game you could do both of those so called ridiculous ones in 1 match. Ppl are pissed off about this with good reason, just because youre challenges are easy, it doesnt mean everyone elses are... understand?

LOL@ mypetworm, those are some seriously shitty challenges, someone on your list is WAY too good at this game! Id delete the offending individual immediately and hope you get some from the less talented members of your friends list : )

On a sidenote, having deleted all my friends aside form my alt account, I now dont seem to be able to get any friend challenges for my main. Ive played at least 2 games every 24hrs with both accounts, and challenges are still reaching the alt account but fuck all is coming back. I cant wait to finish these off, it was a great idea but the execution was piss poor

mattybell2117
06-04-2012, 02:25 AM
So is the suggestion right now to try to get this trophy out of the way as early as possible? It sounds like the 20 daily challenges aren't brutal but the one with the return volley is gonna be hard as hell. Seeing as how I haven't started this game yet, will my requirements be lower? I know I've got two other friends who haven't started this game yet either but I've got at least one friend who is likely very high in the world since he plays a lot, is very good (says he got 126 kills in one match) and is often at the top of the leaderboard for games until he stops playing em. Will this guy essentially screw up my chances of getting a doable daily challenge?

AlphaBadWolf
06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
It says I have done 6 challenges on my stats page, yet I havent got the achievement for doing ONE!.
can anyone give me advice please.

Ta

Regards AlphaBadWolf v2

Crosly
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Since I have more than 1 friend playing this, can there be more than 1 daily challenge up to select?
I have 4 friends playing but only get 1 challenge to to select each day. Though I may have been given a choice out of 4 to select.

AlphaBadWolf
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Since I have more than 1 friend playing this, can there be more than 1 daily challenge up to select?
I have 4 friends playing but only get 1 challenge to to select each day. Though I may have been given a choice out of 4 to select.

I think that it is generated by Ubisoft and sent out randomly to one of your friends

Crosly
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks, it's just really misleading when it says to 'View Available Challenges' suggesting that there could be more than 1.

o D M C o
06-04-2012, 03:27 PM
You can have more than 1 challenge at the same time, one beat your own and one daily challenge. I know what youre saying though, when I click view available challenges, I want to see a big list from which I can pick the doable ones. The system would have been so much more fun if there were loads of challenges to choose from, say 1 from every friend who has the game.

Crosly
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
You can have more than 1 challenge at the same time, one beat your own and one daily challenge. I know what youre saying though, when I click view available challenges, I want to see a big list from which I can pick the doable ones. The system would have been so much more fun if there were loads of challenges to choose from, say 1 from every friend who has the game.

Totally agree. I thought it was going to be like that.

o D M C o
06-05-2012, 11:01 PM
For anyone (myself included) getting the stupid 'capture 10 objectives' type challenges, I realised that a partial capture counts, but you can only get a second partial capture to count if you have died since your last attempt. So to get say 10 captures, you need to partially cap the objective, suicide, then partially cap the objective 10 times. If anyone can confirm this works for them aswell that would be great. I just got 6 caps in one game having in reality only secured 2 objectives. The above scenario is the only explanation I can think of that makes any sense.

If Im wrong please let me know, 13 challenges down and desperation is starting to sink in. Id have reached lvl 50 days ago if I carried on playing normally, but the thought of playing online purely for daily challenges caused me to ease off and play something else

McKnives
06-06-2012, 01:36 AM
I have 2 profiles.

But the game keeps asking me beat my own daily challenges.

For example-

Stun 5 people (did that )

Hack 3 people in 1 game ( did that )

beat your intel assists 19 (did that )

kill 19 rifleman (did this too! )

All above have been done in one day and it still doesn't acknowledge my dummy profile which I have played quite a few games on and have stayed until the end )

BTW I removed EVERYONE from my friends list except my dummy profile...I never get a challenge from it...

But....

My dummy can beat my main tags score and send it back..would that work ?
Or do I have to get a challenge from dummy beat it, and send it back to start???

ANY
ADVICE
WOULD
BE
GREAT

GOING INSANE WITH THIS GAME!!!!!

MyPetWorm
06-06-2012, 02:42 AM
I have the exact same problem.

I think what the game actually does, is searches your friends list for a challenge that is better than yours. So the dummy account only has challenges worse than yours, so just keeps giving us personal best challenges.

o D M C o
06-06-2012, 04:06 AM
I have the exact same problem.

I think what the game actually does, is searches your friends list for a challenge that is better than yours. So the dummy account only has challenges worse than yours, so just keeps giving us personal best challenges.

Same. I posted on the official Ubi forum suggesting this might be the case as I have yet to get a challenge from my 2nd account (4 or 5 days since I deleted everyone) It also explains why all my friend challenges are so hard.
My worst score that Ive noticed for any of the beat your own challenges is for 7 explosive kills. Im gonna get 8/9 with my 2nd account and see if that finally triggers an easy daily challenge for me to volley about. Im also gonna give sniping on the overpass lvl a shot, as my best distance is only about 77m

@Mcknives, beating your challenge with the 2nd account and sending it back to your main and then beating it WILL count as a daily challenge, but if your asking about the return fire volleys achievement, your main account needs to accept a challenge to beat your 2nd account score first.

McKnives
06-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Okay thanks dmc. Quick one though. If i get a better snipe distance on my 2nd account and beat it, will the volley keep going? Ie the game will give me easier challenges?

Poppygalaxy
06-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it sucks. I needed to kill over 46 in one match, i can't do that shit again! :(

McKnives
06-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi

I'm aware that your dummie tag must have something that your main gamertag won't. Like a tough challenge or something

Can anybody think of something that my main gt hasnt done yet. Something easy enough to do..

o D M C o
06-06-2012, 04:36 PM
McKnives, the challenge will keep going only if your choose to send it back to your main account. If you dont choose to return the challenge then you will get a new randomly generated challenge from one of your friends. Off the top of my head the challenges I remember seeing so far are;

Intel assists
Detections
Captures in conflict
Headshots
Kill distance
Kill streak
Explosive kills
Kill a certain number of riflemen, engineers or snipers
Savior kills
Stuns
Data hacks
Kills in Saboteur (my 2nd account got challenge to beat my best score of 10 kills in a saboteur game, at last an easy 1!)

Theres also probably a few challenge types Ive missed because I only play Conflict, maybe other game types offer up a few more challenges. I have no idea which will be easiest for you, but for me its definitely explosive kills and beating the kill distance. Unfortunately Im going to have to either lvl my 2nd account up to 20 to unlock the underslung grenade launcher, or ask a friend to get 10 grenade kills in a game. I just cant manage to get 10 kills using only grenades with the 2nd profile.

Also I asked a friend who now has the achievement if Beat your best challenges count, he said they do, so if the worst comes to the worst we could always set up a boosting session in which we all just complete our beat your best challenges. Everyones K/D will take a big hit but at this point I dont care anymore.

MyPetWorm
06-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Great post DMC, but we should probably mention the Ubisoft stat webstie! It tells you how many challenges you've done.

-> ghostrecon.com/network
-> Click the giant blue "Login", and proceed to log in.
-> Click your platform [Xbox 360]

You will now be in your stats page. For me, the 'Challenges Completed' Stat is always left of the pie graph. For me, I'm at 8 (And will forever be here xD).

(And well I'm here, I apparently have a K/D ratio of 3 O_O I'm certain it should have been negative, but I'll take that! xD)

o D M C o
06-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks worm! I put a link for the ghost recon network in post 3 of this thread already. Good luck getting it to work though everybody, it works for me about once every 20 attempts! I also added a couple of extra challenge types to the list

McKnives
06-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Finally got a challenge off my 2nd profile. It's get 8 saviour kills on one game. I can only really get 3-4. Anybody know what a saviour kill is? As far as i know its killnan enemy who's shooting a team member.

o D M C o
06-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah you need to kill sum1 who is shooting at a team mate. My beat your own challenge today is 8 savior kills, its basically luck based but you could always follow ppl about and hope sum1 shoots at them. I must have had 7 at some point, it seems impossible now, the game I played before calling it a day I had 35 kills and only 2 savior kills

Kaskade
06-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Great so yesterdays challenge for me was to kill 37 ppl in a row and today's challenge is to data hack 20 ppl. In other words ppl on my friends list seem to be boosting without me knowing which sucks

MyPetWorm
06-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Dark Link IV here posted a thread to a Ubisoft forum with a Community Developer answering questions. So I thought I'd ask about challenges being reset;

Quick Question:

When do the challenges Reset? Some of us are stuck with getting impossible challenges, and would just like to know when/if we will ever have easy ones again!

Some challenges we're getting stuck with a like "Get more than 64 kills in a game" and "Get more than 44k points in a game". If they never reset, then I'll forever be at 8 challenges completed :(

Thankyou!

Team is looking into it. The challenges are an escalating back and forth between two players, the goal is to beat the high-water mark of your friend. That being said, sometimes they do get a bit ridiculous.

If you decline a challenge, you should be issued a new one within 24 hours - if you accept it but are unable to complete it, I'm not sure if there's a timeout.

Nothing conrete, but I'm hoping "Team is looking into it" means they'll be reseting them at some point. Maybe if they introduce an anti-boosting thing into the game they'll reset them...

o D M C o
06-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks Worm! Good info, and definitely promising, although the idea of them twiddling with any reset button scares me, I better not lose my 14 challenges that Ive actually managed to do!

My Daily challenge today wants me to get a kill from 126m; this from a friend whos statistics show her longest range kill is 56m wtf

ryzilla
06-08-2012, 03:10 AM
i had the same problem with my mate his high kill rate he said he ever got was 20 odd and the challenge i had was more than doubled to 53

something is wrong here lol.

Dante Kenobi
06-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I just wanted to share my story of heart break. I consider myself an average player and started playing this game last week without checking this cheevo for completing volleys. By the time I'd realised most of my stats were too high for someone of my skill level to beat. I followed the guidelines set out in this thread and created another account to volley against. And noticed I'd not made many explosive kills so got 3 in one round with the boosting account. After 3-4 days I got the challenge I wanted to beat this and set to it. To cut along story short I didn't make it. Mainly due to my skills and the fact that grenades aren't that deadly in this game. But there were two key things that I thought people might not know. Firstly if you are part way through getting x number of y kills and the host migrates during the match it resets your progressforthat match. Secondly the first volley has 24 hours to complete, second volley has 12 hours, third 6 hours and so on. Which makes volley 5 90 min (6 matches). Finally to finish my rant the challenge and match has to be completed before the time runs out. Sorry for the wall of text but thanks for listening.

MyPetWorm
06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Which makes volley 5 90 min (6 matches). Finally to finish my rant the challenge and match has to be completed before the time runs out.

60 Minutes actually, and it sucks. I'm so glad I got it out of the way xD

Dante Kenobi
06-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Only 60 min? Man that sucks! I was only guessing volley 5. I couldn't get past volley 4. Don't suppose anyone knows if UAV spots are a challenge? That was going to be the next one I tried.

XcS Dead Deer
06-09-2012, 06:51 PM
They count as intel assists

o D M C o
06-10-2012, 06:46 AM
My 5th volley gave me 57mins to do it, and when I got the 5th volley on my second account it only gave me 47mins.
I got ripped off by host migration aswell, I needed a 150m+ kill, I got one and then the host migrated with 2 secs left in the game, 3 hours later I managed a 181m kill and thankfully the host stayed for the duration. Ive now finished my 20 challenges and I could not have done it without a second account. I can also confirm 100% that beat your best challenges definitely do count towards the achievement.

@Dante Next time you get an explosive kills challenge, use a rifle man with the under barrel grenade launcher (if you have it) it makes explosive kills a doddle.

Also, UAV spots arent intel assists, they count as detections (its only intel assist if someone kills the player that you are currently spotting), and yes detections are one of the challenges, as are intel assists. They are incredibly easy to do, just look at someone with the uav, you'll see a red marker pop up on the map indicating you have spotted them, then look away for 1 second and the marker will disappear, now you can spot them again... easy to volley back and forth aswell because you can get the uav at lvl 4 engineer on your second profile.

Another very simple one you might want to try is stuns. I ended up needing about 20 in a match to finish off one of the volleys I set up with my second account, but playing in a kamikazee style got me all the return fires easily. Just remember that when you do stun someone when they hit the floor stun them again, its says kill on the screen but it does count as a second stun. Pipeline is a brilliant map for stuns, its got lots of cq bits and its fairly easy to sneak round behind the campers who hide behind the walls on the raised areas of the map.

Finally, dont forget you can check your progress towards challenges mid game by pressing start then rb, if you lose track of what youre doing you can end up going well over the requirements for a challenge, making it more difficult for your second account or your friend to return fire it back to you. Using this in game stat tracker will enable you to get exactly the requirements of your challenge.

EDIT; Another tip if youre struggling with the time aspect of a particular challenge, is to play Decoy mode. All of your challenge progress carries betweeen rounds and potentially a match can last for upto 30mins, giving you double the time you'd get playing Conflict. However, given the tendancy for the game to migrate hosts (wiping challenge progress) this strategy could end up pissing you off. Worth a risk though if you just need that little bit of extra time

MyPetWorm
06-10-2012, 07:40 AM
I can also confirm 100% that beat your best challenges definitely do count towards the achievement.

So technically, if we were smart about it, we could have got it in one day with 20 easy "Beat your best" challenges? If so, that definitely needs to be on the very darn top of any achievement guide xD

o D M C o
06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Thats exactly right. I was saying to my friend the other day that when I first starting getting challenges like, kill more than 0 riflemen in a match, I thought 'easy' and then killed about 25 straight away, little did I realise how much of a problem I was causing for myself.

TheMarkOfPower
06-11-2012, 05:31 AM
so for anything you can do achievemnt is it that we have to beat their return challenge 5 times?