PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Xbox Bundle?

Der Fuhrer
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know if they are going to release a special edition Halo 4 xbox bundle, like what they did with Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, etc. ? I need to get a new xbox, but want something other than a black one like my friend has, so I figured I would wait and get a Halo 4 xbox if it is going to come out. Any info on this is appreciated, thanks.

DarkReign2021
06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
There was already a thread about this actually, but the general consensus was that there won't be and shouldn't be. There are already too many special edition 360's out there and with the new Xbox supposedly right around the corner, it wouldn't make sense to put out another console. I would bank on them having one for Halo 5 since it will probably be on the next Xbox.

Der Fuhrer
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
There was already a thread about this actually, but the general consensus was that there won't be and shouldn't be. There are already too many special edition 360's out there and with the new Xbox supposedly right around the corner, it wouldn't make sense to put out another console. I would bank on them having one for Halo 5 since it will probably be on the next Xbox.I have no idea why people would think special edition 360's are bad. They are not forced to buy them and they do not take away from the availability of standard 360's. I do not know if the proximity to the new xbox will deter Microsoft or not, but I would doubt it. Anyway if I don't get a Halo 4 xbox then I will probably just hold off until the 720 (or whatever it will be called) and stick with the old 360 I have now.

DarkReign2021
06-02-2012, 02:42 AM
I have no idea why people would think special edition 360's are bad. They are not forced to buy them and they do not take away from the availability of standard 360's. I do not know if the proximity to the new xbox will deter Microsoft or not, but I would doubt it. Anyway if I don't get a Halo 4 xbox then I will probably just hold off until the 720 (or whatever it will be called) and stick with the old 360 I have now.

I think this is exactly the reason why MS won't release a Halo 4 edition 360. Everybody knows the new console is coming and it's time to start saving up and preparing for the new one. But if a bunch of people go out and purchase another 360 now, a common justification of buying a new console is to hold off on purchasing the next one. MS takes a financial loss now by not releasing a bundle, but they'll benefit from it in the long run with the release of the next xbox at $499.99 USD