PDA

View Full Version : Ur Dragon Drops

Sparda
06-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Alright I am a tad confused. I have seen a few pawn with the Abyssinal Outfit. This is a clothing chesty piece which fits nicely with the Coat, but even after I killed the darn thing 6 times he has never dropped it for me. So is it just a rare drop because I have gotten everything else... besides an Apollo Mask.

My second request is if anyone has extras of those items could I... have them? Or I could trade for them hardly matters. I have a St. George Mask and a Beowulf Mask and I'm willing to give Portcrystals for these. Or you could make a request and I could attempt to procure something you want. I'm just so sick of the clothing on my main character looking un cordinated and silly.

I need one Apollo Mask and 2 Outfits if at all possible. Thank you in advance.... stupid Gen 24 taking all darn day and not dying.

GriefCatalyst
06-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Alright I am a tad confused. I have seen a few pawn with the Abyssinal Outfit. This is a clothing chesty piece which fits nicely with the Coat, but even after I killed the darn thing 6 times he has never dropped it for me. So is it just a rare drop because I have gotten everything else... besides an Apollo Mask.

I have a Dragonforged set of Abyssinal armor on both my character and my main pawn. The three times I've killed him, he's dropped a set -- I've even sold one. But each time, he dropped a full Abyssinal set, a Beowulf/St. George/Apollo mask, and two or three legendary weapons/shields...And the standard 20 Wakestones.

My second request is if anyone has extras of those items could I... have them? Or I could trade for them hardly matters. I have a St. George Mask and a Beowulf Mask and I'm willing to give Portcrystals for these. Or you could make a request and I could attempt to procure something you want. I'm just so sick of the clothing on my main character looking un cordinated and silly.

I need one Apollo Mask and 2 Outfits if at all possible. Thank you in advance.... stupid Gen 24 taking all darn day and not dying.

If I were to enlist your pawn and overload him with those items, I would -- but fewer and fewer people are farming the Ur-Dragon it seems, it started going downhill after the 11th Gen. I'll keep you in mind though, if I come across some spare sets -- they'll go to you.

EDIT: I've looked into it a bit, I'm afraid he doesn't drop any clothing -- what you might have seen was chosen for aesthetics or just one of the items sold in a NG+. Re-enlist the pawn, look at their inventory and let me know what piece it is you were after.

Sparda
06-01-2012, 11:06 PM
It's very clearly marked as Abyssinal Outfit *shrugs* I dunno where in blazes it came from but unlike the Coat it actually covers the torso and it is indeed clothing because this pawn is wearing the Coat and the Outfit.

But other than that... I only need the Apollo Mask. If you want anything in return do let me know I like helping out.

Sparda
06-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Just to show I'm not insane. http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s320x320/181369_426261034073929_1650739109_n.jpg

GriefCatalyst
06-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Haha, I never thought you were insane -- I simply wasn't able to find anyone talking about the Ur-Dragon having dropped clothing. It's something I'd like to have, myself -- but it may be one of the rare(er) drops from a kill. I bought two Silver Chestplates from the blacksmith in Gran Soren and dragonforged them.

My overall goal was simply to have a set on both my character and my main pawn that would work with all vocations. As before though, if I get in on a Ur-Dragon kill and happen to see the clothing, I'll shoot a message your way. I've fallen back into Skyrim (in spite of having 1k), I wanted to be ready for the DLC and hopefully get accepted into the beta.

Sparda
06-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh well I guess I just have to get lucky and hope I snag myself an Apollo Mask... I curse myself for being such a loot whore.

GriefCatalyst
06-03-2012, 12:05 AM
I've been hacking away at the Gen. 25 UrD for awhile now. I'm starting to wonder if maybe, just maybe, the clothing is a "runner-up" prize -- for not participating in the kill, but contributing a massive amount of damage to the encounter?

That, OR you have to get really lucky with your drops rewarded alongside a kill. I hope to be a part of the Gen. 25 kill -- I'll keep you posted.

Sparda
06-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Thanks I've been tossing my party at that thing for awhile now but as the generations get older he just gets tougher.

Akatsuki Sensor
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Don't rewards differ when you play alone and online? As in, you can play offline so damage is dealt by you and you alone, or with every player dealing damage to it? I read when the Ur-Dragon was first revealed that rewards differ depending on what way you kill it.

GriefCatalyst
06-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Don't rewards differ when you play alone and online? As in, you can play offline so damage is dealt by you and you alone, or with every player dealing damage to it? I read when the Ur-Dragon was first revealed that rewards differ depending on what way you kill it.

You may very well be right about that! I will try killing UrD offline to see what exactly the drops are, or if they differ greatly from killing him online. I'm logging in now to see if Gen. 25 is dead yet.

EDIT: Negatory. Much like the Gen. 24, he's a tough bastard -- he's sitting (as of 11:20pm EST) at four hearts and a quarter health. I fought him for about fifteen minutes before he took off, as he usually does.

GriefCatalyst
06-03-2012, 05:47 AM
I apologize I have yet to update you on the offline UrD loot -- I'm still working on him, he's being a real dick-face with no hearts left. I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said in this single spawn, he has retreated atleast 30 times. Almost there.

EDIT: All right, let me set this up so we can all be certain of the differences in fighting the UrD offline, under the circumstances I just did.

1. I am in NG+, using the stone in Starfall Bay (Cassardis) to reach the Chamber of Lament

2. As a personal recommendation, take out the dewclaw on either of his wings FIRST as when these are the last two points, it's a real chore to take them out while he's rampaging. A ranged class (i.e. assassin, ranger, magic archer) will likely be the only characters/pawns able to reach the dewclaw area, the "shoulders/elbows" of his wings can be reached by climbing.

3. When killed, as I understand it, via the stone in Cassardis (as Flipadelphia explains in his guide) -- he drops significantly reduced value loot. I found this out after fighting him for an hour. He drops a single legendary, most likely a weapon (my third Volant White), 10k gold, a ferrystone, a Seeker's Token, and 20 Wakestones. Not at all worth the effort of tackling him solo, honestly.

4. Your gear will NOT be Dragonforged upon killing him as it is with the UrD online.
(UPDATE) vio2714 confirmed you are likely to be rewarded with a single item being Dragonforged, much like when you fight a Drake, Wyrm or Wyvern.

In summation...Lame.

Akatsuki Sensor
06-03-2012, 07:42 AM
I apologize I have yet to update you on the offline UrD loot -- I'm still working on him, he's being a real dick-face with no hearts left. I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said in this single spawn, he has retreated atleast 30 times. Almost there.

EDIT: All right, let me set this up so we can all be certain of the differences in fighting the UrD offline, under the circumstances I just did.

1. I am in NG+, using the stone in Starfall Bay (Cassardis) to reach the Chamber of Lament

2. As a personal recommendation, take out the dewclaw on either of his wings FIRST as when these are the last two points, it's a real chore to take them out while he's rampaging. A ranged class (i.e. assassin, ranger, magic archer) will likely be the only characters/pawns able to reach the dewclaw area, the "shoulders/elbows" of his wings can be reached by climbing.

3. When killed, as I understand it, via the stone in Cassardis (as Flipadelphia explains in his guide) -- he drops significantly reduced value loot. I found this out after fighting him for an hour. He drops a single legendary, most likely a weapon (my third Volant White), 10k gold, a ferrystone, a Seeker's Token, and 20 Wakestones. Not at all worth the effort of tackling him solo, honestly.

4. Your gear will NOT be Dragonforged upon killing him as it is with the UrD online.

In summation...Lame.

I have yet to battle him :(

GriefCatalyst
06-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Gen. 25 should be dead within the next hour! You may want to hop on and start taking some shots at him, I just did three rounds with him roughly ten minutes ago. He was down to a sliver of health with two hearts (full bars) left.

He's not very nice rather you fight him on or offline, but as I detailed above -- fighting him offline is obviously only for the achievement as the rewards are nothing compared to what is yielded from participating in a kill online. I've got my fingers crossed for you, my good sir!

vio2714
06-03-2012, 06:37 PM

In summation...Lame.

My Grisly Greaves were Dragonforged just now by the offline dragon.

GriefCatalyst
06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
My Grisly Greaves were Dragonforged just now by the offline dragon.

Well, my armor was already fully Dragonforged -- it simply didn't forge both primary and secondary weapons (in addition to your equipped armors) as the UrD does online. Was that the only item that forged?

EDIT: I also wasn't able to join the kill for Gen. 25 as it happened sometime around 8am EST. I was fighting him at 6am and then he healed by two hearts (full bars) for whatever reason. I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, haha.

Sparda
06-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Damn I was online around 8 as well too. I was at the end of New Game + and was screwing around in the Everfall. Ya know I think I'll try the jerk in the Chamber of Lament offline from the everfall and see what he drops.

SuNuS
06-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I also took part in the Gen 25 version. My 3rd UR Dragon assistance and still not a single weapon or piece of armor. I assumed it was b/c my dmg output wasn't sufficient but this last Gen I spent hours with and did more than my share and I still got hosed on loot.

Ah well, at least the offline version dropped a weapon for me. Though it wasn't a new bow and daggers like my class called for. UR Dragon is making me sad!

I'll take any Abyssinal armor set and bow/daggers anyone has an excess of! =D

Also, I keep reading about people having 5k strength and I was wondering how this is possible and maybe it's why I'm not getting loot from the UR. I'm assuming some of it comes from the fighter, warrior and assassin nightime augments but still. I'm 1/2 way through my 2nd playthrough and I've got the best gear I can find. (all dragonforged). I have nowhere near 5k strength.

Anyway, on with Gen 26 I suppose :(

GriefCatalyst
06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I also took part in the Gen 25 version. My 3rd UR Dragon assistance and still not a single weapon or piece of armor. I assumed it was b/c my dmg output wasn't sufficient but this last Gen I spent hours with and did more than my share and I still got hosed on loot.

Ah well, at least the offline version dropped a weapon for me. Though it wasn't a new bow and daggers like my class called for. UR Dragon is making me sad!

I'll take any Abyssinal armor set and bow/daggers anyone has an excess of! =D

Also, I keep reading about people having 5k strength and I was wondering how this is possible and maybe it's why I'm not getting loot from the UR. I'm assuming some of it comes from the fighter, warrior and assassin nightime augments but still. I'm 1/2 way through my 2nd playthrough and I've got the best gear I can find. (all dragonforged). I have nowhere near 5k strength.

Anyway, on with Gen 26 I suppose :(

From personal experience, you will need to be present for the kill (i.e. UrD dies while you're zoned-in & fighting him) in order to get the loot drops. You will be rewarded with a full abyssinal set, three legendary weapons/shields, gold, 20 wakestones, and some miscellaneous items (i.e. Seeker's Token, Sour Ambrosial Meat, etc.).

As for people having 5k strength, I'm not entirely sure how that is statistically possible; unless lvl 100+ scales siginficantly. I am currently equipped with a fully Dragonforged Abyssinal set, Apollo's Mask, Dragon's Dogma and the best (rarest) vendor bow available and I am sitting at 1150 strength. Given I am only lvl 78, I don't see it scaling 5 times by the time I'm lvl 100+ (cap set at lvl 200). Even through the use of "Greatly enhanced" Augments and buff items, I think someone may have been exaggerating.

SuNuS
06-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the info Grief. I'll try to be present for the kill this next Gen and see if my luck improves.

Do you know if the amount of dmg you deal is factored into the loot you receive? I was thinking maybe the augment for being solo, the assassin night ones and the warrior and fighter strength ones might offer some significant increase in dmg output. Seeing as how pawns seem worthless in the UR fight anyways.

GriefCatalyst
06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the info Grief. I'll try to be present for the kill this next Gen and see if my luck improves.

Do you know if the amount of dmg you deal is factored into the loot you receive? I was thinking maybe the augment for being solo, the assassin night ones and the warrior and fighter strength ones might offer some significant increase in dmg output. Seeing as how pawns seem worthless in the UR fight anyways.

I couldn't say for certain if the amount of damage contributed in any way affects what you would receive -- I'd imagine landing the literal "killing blow," may very well. As Sparda and I had discussed earlier in the thread, there is a set of clothing and a cloak (Nebulous Cloak, if I remember) that comes from the encounter that could be linked to either damage done or landing the final blow. We're still uncertain.

Pawns are somewhat useless during the encounter, I seem to get the most out of Strider/Ranger pawns as they will generally stay out of range of his breath attacks and aren't getting smacked around when he does the little AoE spin attack. I'd imagine the augments lend a considerable amount to your damage, but I currently use Clout ("Greatly augments your strength,") with both my character and main pawn -- even coupled with the lesser strength augment (which I could never say rather they stack or not, but I generally stack them anyway), I don't see the statistics jumping clear to 5k.

I could very well be wrong about that, other people have invested a lot of work and effort into their characters -- I'd love to hear how it's done.

Sparda
06-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Well your strength grows a lot from leveling a fighter, then there is clout which greatly augments your strength... then there's the one that increases strength at night. Then finally there is Autonomous which enhances strength when you have no pawns. I think instead of just stacking some of them are multiplicative. Not really sure.

Anyway I killed the offline Dragon and the drops seemed exactly the same in the Everfall as they do when you use the Cassardis Stone. Makes sense to me honestly. Still not sure about the Outfit or the Nebulous Cloak.

Fallen0
06-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Just thought i would say the Nebula cape doesn't drop from the Ur-Dragon as far as i know it is random loot from the chests in everfall i personally got it from a chest in the chamber of fate i can't say where you get the abyssinal outfit but it may also be a drop from the chests in everfall i got mine gifted to me i will post it's stats below though so you can see how it compares to other clothing.

Defense: 23
Magick Defense: 16
Piercing Resistance: 6%
Striking Resistance: 5%
Stagger Resistance: 2%
Knockdown Resistance: 2%

Debilitation Resistance
Not sure on these but one looks like a hand print (Curse?) and gives +22%
the other looks like a little man with a sword (Lowered Strength?) and gives +18%

Element
+8% Light +8% Darkness

Those are the Dragon Forged Stats