PDA

View Full Version : Ur dragon questions

BloodyVanish
06-02-2012, 04:35 AM
1 why is it when i am attacking the dragon i dont see any damage coming of the top bar but i no i am hurting it as ive lots of stuff from helping to kill it ???

02pheland
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Its got a ridiculous amount of health shared across everyone online fighting him,
Ive got 5k+ strength and spam hundred kisses with gale harness and I barely see it move.

People have also been saying that when someone dies to the Dragon that it gets some health back, not sure if thats true but it sure seems like it since he is definitely healing some how

sysla
06-02-2012, 11:48 AM
I killed one alone, took me 35 mins but what ever, who can say he killed a ur dragon alone and legit? :). Yes I did it alone cuz he didnt had any damage when I first attacked him.

02pheland
06-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I killed one alone, took me 35 mins but what ever, who can say he killed a ur dragon alone and legit? :). Yes I did it alone cuz he didnt had any damage when I first attacked him.

Sounds like you fought the offline versions
and sorry to burst your bubble but almost everyone can kill him easy compared to the online version

Ryuken808
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
and sorry to burst your bubble but almost everyone can kill him easy compared to the online version
^this
Tried the online and it was really hard @_@

The Destroyernatorer
06-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Why even bother with the online one then? :confused:

02pheland
06-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Why even bother with the online one then? :confused:

online one gives you a load more loot, If your are online and fighting it when it dies (or within 30min of it dying I think) you can get a set of the best armor in the game and some really good weapons

The offline one only gives you 1 item at a time and so far for me its only ever been a weapon never gotten any armor from the offline version yet

BloodyVanish
06-02-2012, 05:48 PM
offline mode ?? how and is it that easy in offline mode i just want to get the achievement

02pheland
06-02-2012, 05:57 PM
offline mode ?? how and is it that easy in offline mode i just want to get the achievement

pause the game and goto options on the 4th tab you can change connectivity to offline then when you go into the place to fight the UR dragon a much weaker one will arrive(still looks the exact same)

I use clout +20% str
the fighter augment +10% str
bloodlust +70% str when its night time
autonomous +70% str when solo

pawns are fairly useless in the fight

BloodyVanish
06-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I use clout +20% str
the fighter augment +10% str
bloodlust +70% str when its night time
autonomous +70% str when solo
what are these ???? and thanks dude

02pheland
06-02-2012, 06:04 PM
they are all augments(passives) you can buy from the different class skills

Clout is from rank 9 warrior
bloodlust and autonomous are from the assassin cant remember what rank

some others that might help are dexterity from strider to climb monsters faster and one for the fighter I think which lowers the stamina cost of doing special attacks (doesnt work on bow attacks)

You can always just but liquid vim from the merchants around the everfall and not have to worry about stamina at all then just climb on the dragon and hack away

Good luck with it

BloodyVanish
06-02-2012, 06:07 PM
ok thanks for info i am level 69 health 2929 have the carnation level 4 and level 4 armour i hit at 1274 strengh at 655 just hope that ok like lol

BloodyVanish
06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
killed it in offline wow that was so easy lmao

Gunther Hermann
06-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Im still not really sure how this works. If I attack it and then die, has it saved the damage I caused? Because when I select retry surely my progress is gone. Can I attack him a bit then leave the area and go back again? Just keep on doing that until he's dead?

BloodyVanish
06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
what i did was switch it to offline mode then on the beach go fight him as u will see his health will go down then after a few min he will fly off the music will change then leave go out side back to the beach it will save then go back in and repeat till he dies

Gunther Hermann
06-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Id rather fight him in online mode. So if I do a bit of damage then leave the area will that damage have been registered?

stefb42
06-04-2012, 02:07 PM
from what i can see it takes days to drop this thing online,i went up against it 2 days ago and it was generation 25 ur dragon and it had 3 or 4 bars of health,anytime i died and re-entered it still had the same health,so visiting it here and there i noticed yesterday afternoon it was still generation 25 but it's health was slowly depleting as the hours went on,then last night when i entered the chamber i got a message about my loot for my assistance in killing the ur dragon,i collected my gear and the generation 26 ur dragon spawned with almost full health,today it's still generation 26 and it's only lost 1 of it's health bars so seems it may take days to kill it online

Darth Cuda
06-04-2012, 11:50 PM
from what i can see it takes days to drop this thing online,i went up against it 2 days ago and it was generation 25 ur dragon and it had 3 or 4 bars of health,anytime i died and re-entered it still had the same health,so visiting it here and there i noticed yesterday afternoon it was still generation 25 but it's health was slowly depleting as the hours went on,then last night when i entered the chamber i got a message about my loot for my assistance in killing the ur dragon,i collected my gear and the generation 26 ur dragon spawned with almost full health,today it's still generation 26 and it's only lost 1 of it's health bars so seems it may take days to kill it online

Any idea what level you need to be im 63 i think and offline took me a good long while. Online i gave up bc i did zero damage.

Does online get harder and harder to find heart spots too? If so no wonder it takes days.

SuNuS
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I absolutely love the idea of having a community boss and think Capcom is on to something with this franchise. I DO however think that they dropped the ball on having the UR heal up after someone dies. I understand it feeds on the souls of fallen arisen but for players just learning the fight, it's almost imminent death.

This makes it almost wasted effort on the part of any players who have been working on whittling him down. I don't mind the idea of him having some sort of heal mechanic, but not one that is based on arisen deaths.

Anyone else bothered by this or have any other opinions? :)

EmZeroX
06-05-2012, 01:10 AM
I just don't get it, either we suck, or there's way more players on the PS3. PS3 is already on 50 something, and we are still on 26 :/

stefb42
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Any idea what level you need to be im 63 i think and offline took me a good long while. Online i gave up bc i did zero damage.

Does online get harder and harder to find heart spots too? If so no wonder it takes days.

i was level 41-42 when i went against him online,i haven't killed him yet but like the game said i contributed,i wasn't even in the chamber when it died,i seemed to do it no damage either but i know it's health bar is massive and you wont see it moving though you may notice over time it has slightly moved,
to stop it healing from my death i go in and fight it for 10-20 minutes then leave the chamber and go back later

it has hearts everywhere online and everyone seems to go for the easiest ones which makes it hard when it's health is low,it gets rather hyper as it's hp gets low and it's pretty damn impossible to climb it's wings etc

craze7
06-06-2012, 01:13 AM
I believe when the Ur Dragon kill you online it gets a full health bar back!

Bring wakestones ;)

Also if you climb onto his back you can pretty much stay there for the whole fight if you have some mushrooms with you.

mmdevs
06-14-2012, 06:01 PM
hey guys im going to fight the dragon for the first time and I have a few questions. I'm a lvl 58 warrior. is that a good lvl to attempt this fight or should i lvl up more?

Also any advice on what classes of pawns to bring into the fight with me?

thanks,

Zim
06-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Some general advice for people about the Ur-Dragon.

The offline version is much easier but gives far less loot.

The online version has MASSIVE HP. Unless you are an uber strong character specifically built to damage it you will not see any damage to the HP bar.

With the online one the fight lasts for 8 minutes. If you can do some damage and survive for that time then you will receive some rewards. However when it is killed there is a short time you can still fight that generation of Ur Dragon (it seems to vary depending on servers). All you have to do is hit each weak spot and it will die and you get all rewards. Iirc it's something like 25 wakestones, 3 weapons and 3 pieces of armour.

Do not take ANY pawns into the fight with the online Ur Dragon. Do not take any wakestones into the fight. DO NOT LEAVE THE AREA BEFORE THE 8MINUTES!

Pawns can easily be possessed by the dragon and will be a big problem for you. They will do almost no damage to it. If you use a wakestone you will heal the dragon. If you die you will heal the dragon. If you leave the arena before it flies away then you will heal the dragon. A Capcom developer confirmed this.

When fighting the online Ur Dragon and you are a low level (I would say below 70 for him) simply bringing large amounts of items for stamina. Large mushrooms and Liquid Vims. Then get on a leg and get on his back. You should be able to hit a weak point and simply keep using items so you hold on. Once the 8 minutes are up you will have contributed.

If you want to get the full loot from the online version then simply follow threads on Gamefaqs stating which generation it is on. The moment someone posts that it is dead get to the chamber and start fighting it. It will have 0HP but every weak point will be glowing. Simply hit each weak point and it will die. DO NOT USE a fighter/warrior. It will make things VERY difficult for you, you need a bow or spells. You really need ranged attacks to hit the weakpoints on the wings.

EDIT: Should add that holy damage = great against him. Dark damage = Useless against him.

J4ckyb0y1
06-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Gamefaqs PS3 board for Dogma has some very good info on this subject. More detailed than the xbox side.

From my personal experience with UR, what made the biggest difference for me was gear. The gear that comes from farming Everfall makes a huge difference in your damage as well as survivability.
Suggest getting comfortable with the offline version first. My first took 5 rests. Did over 1/2 his life on first contact, then another 4 to finish him off. Mostly due to not knowing where the harts were and just learning the fight. Didn't die, it just got a bit frustrating that it took so many rests. Now he goes down in 1 go and then I continue with other chambers with no rest.

xFortyseven
07-07-2012, 04:59 PM
i have been playing against the offline dragon and i don't know what to do now. I play fighter, and the fight went well untill the last health bar. I couldn't find the last weak spots, so i looked it up and apparently the last spots are on the wings which you can't climb. So i change class so magic archer and i shoot the wings for like half an hour (yes the arrows makes him bleed purple) but he takes no damage what so ever. and now i don't know how to beat him since my fighter is useless. and the pawns are useless as well. Any advice?

edit:
solved it by changing to strider and spamming explosive arrows at his wings=P