PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get large amounts of lag?

TigerII
06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Seems like over half of the games I play I see people lag sliding everywhere, I shoot every round into a person, they kill me, or vice versa, and lost connections.

I get it is because of the matchmaking system, but this is near unplayable.

Zombiedrd
06-02-2012, 11:16 PM
I am in the same position. Wonder what Ubisoft's excuse for the upassport is in this one. Usually companies claim it is for server upkeep, but no servers here.

ryzilla
06-02-2012, 11:23 PM
like me lol Grfs - YouTube

Direkin
06-03-2012, 03:14 AM
I've had insane amounts last night, and I mean Crysis 2 levels of bad. People were teleporting, shooting me through concrete, getting stabbed from 3m away, whereas I can't do that even when I'm right next to someone and bashing the crap out of :xbut:. I can empty a clip into someone's head at point blank just to have then turn around and hit me with just two shots. Every time I see the replay, the guy who killed me was shooting at air, and yet I die. I mean, it wasn't like the guy 'just missed'; where they shoot is generally so far away, I wouldn't even get suppressed. And on top of that, there's also the number of times I've been disconnected from the server. 37 levels to go... in these conditions... fuck!

alpha17
06-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Yes sometimes I i get really bad lag, it happens at random during a moment in the game.

I3east Lig3r
06-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Here is what I do:

*logs onto GRFS*
*Joins MP match*
*Rages because of lag*
*Goes and plays another game*

NiteChylde
06-03-2012, 10:30 AM
About 80% of the games I join lag like hell, at least 3-5 seconds, often more. First I thought my own connection was the problem, but other games like Battlefield 3, Diablo 3 and others work just fine.

To me GRFS feels like it has borrowed its complete multiplayer code from GoW2 and added host migration to it...

In my opinion the GRFS multiplayer is one of the best I have ever played, I would hate to see it flush down the drain only because Ubisoft decided to go with player hosting instead of adding proper server support.

Direkin
06-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Okay, 3 clips with a sniper rifle into someone and he doesn't die. Someone else manages to shoot me through a fucking building! In fact that match got so laggy I couldn't even spawn until half a minute later.

E10phoenix
06-03-2012, 03:26 PM
The lag on this game is unbearable at most times. It's not right how after all these years some developers still don't know how to host an online service without regular connection problems.

Sometimes i really do wonder why i have to pay 35 for unfinished products

Direkin
06-03-2012, 06:45 PM
The lag on this game is unbearable at most times. It's not right how after all these years some developers still don't know how to host an online service without regular connection problems.

Sometimes i really do wonder why i have to pay 35 for unfinished products
What gets me is that lag didn't seem to be much of an issue in Far Cry 2, so how did they get from there, to the lagfest here. And I wish I had a digital recorder, earlier we had three guys shooting at one opponent *at the same time*. Think he went down? Nope! That's taking the piss just a bit...

Kunduz
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
like me lol Grfs - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1eGESDBKig)
The fuck, that's bad

rancid shyster
06-04-2012, 12:35 AM
I think the problem here is that it seems to have no region search and just connects you to any room with a space, UK to Australia just doesn't work

essentre
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I can't even play in MP because it's so bad. It's a good thing I love the campaign or I would never play this game.

AirborneRichard
06-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I think the problem here is that it seems to have no region search and just connects you to any room with a space, UK to Australia just doesn't work

Not true, me and my australian buddy play alot of games together and we play MP games aswell sometimes i join his game or the other way around and i,m from holland, i think whats happening is the famous lag switching, gamers that are host can do that and we seen it in other mp games sometimes to. Lag switching means they using a modem or a router with a switch so everyone lags out expect them, thats how they got so many kills and stuff, kinda a sad way if u ask me to get XP and kills, i confronted several of these and we sending them messages or asked them in gamechat but mostly u get something like, i just got skill... yes skill my ass! ;)
I normaly leave a game like that straight away because i not wanted to end up pissed and angry because some dude thinks its fun and its skillfull, becaise its not.
It would be a serious issue if more start doing this, it def would drive me off MP games then.

Genetix
06-04-2012, 07:14 PM
This is just one of this games many problems, MP is almost unplayable which is an absolute joke.

Dark Link IV
06-04-2012, 07:34 PM
No region filter is the problem here.
I get connected to Americans and people from Asia like wtf!

XcS Dead Deer
06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I dont know why so many people complain about lag, unless they're just insanely unlucky and get connected to a host around the world.

And don't flame me, my internet connection is .8mb download, .2 upload, and about 35ms ping. Not anywhere close to good

essentre
06-05-2012, 01:55 PM
my internet connection is .8mb download, .2 upload, and about 35ms ping. Not anywhere close to good

That's probably WHY you can play well. Seems folks with great connections get the 'ol screw

Gackt
06-06-2012, 02:17 PM
No region filter is the problem here.

This ^^
It should at least be an option in all mp games imo.

funky305
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah sometime i get lags and i leave right away so i don't get pissed, but people stay in the game while i can't play at all because of the lags so i wonder is it because of zones differences ?

Direkin
06-07-2012, 03:33 PM
It doesn't really take long for all this continuous bullshit to wear down one's tolerance. It's got to the point now where I'm quitting out of every single game because people can shoot air to kill me, but I can't kill them no matter how many shots I put into them. That last game I was in, I was trying to kill another sniper on the other side of the map. I shot him in the head... shot him in the head... shot him in the head... and he kills me. From the kill cam I see he didn't take any damage at all. Respawn, see an enemy nearby, run after him, bash the fuck out of :xbut: and he turns around and kills me. I'm done with this game; relegate it to boosting only - but I don't know, maybe it should join the level of BF3: unworthy of boosting.

That's probably WHY you can play well. Seems folks with great connections get the 'ol screw

I have considered downgrading from 1000M to dialup for that reason. It does seem to be the case that those with terrible connections are in permanent 'god mode'.

Gackt
06-07-2012, 03:43 PM
It doesn't really take long for all this continuous bullshit to wear down one's tolerance. It's got to the point now where I'm quitting out of every single game because people can shoot air to kill me, but I can't kill them no matter how many shots I put into them. That last game I was in, I was trying to kill another sniper on the other side of the map. I shot him in the head... shot him in the head... shot him in the head... and he kills me. From the kill cam I see he didn't take any damage at all. Respawn, see an enemy nearby, run after him, bash the fuck out of :xbut: and he turns around and kills me. I'm done with this game; relegate it to boosting only - but I don't know, maybe it should join the level of BF3: unworthy of boosting.

Know exactly how you feel man. Happens to me quite often or this new one that keeps happening to me is while I am shooting at someones location, they take no damage and I just suddenly die. Then upon respawning I am locked on to the location where I was previously shooting and if I try to turn my camera it snaps back onto this 1 spot until the end of the game.
These problems were in the beta too, I think perhaps Ubisoft got lazy on this one, far to many issues for me to even really bother with the MP any futher. Might just play campaign and send it back to gamefly.

NiteChylde
06-07-2012, 04:06 PM

I hear ya, dude... it wore me down a couple of days ago. At least in 9 out of 10 games I joined my lag was insane, emptying 2 to 3 clips into an enemy without the game registering any hits, only to end up in the dirt without knowing what hit me.

Campaign's nearly as bad, it seems my friend and I run into every single bug / glitch there is, currently being unable to complete mission 3, the one with the captive CIA agent you have to rescue from a container. We can't get past the diamond formation sequence, my friend keeps dying at the same spot, some shooter from outside both our field of view keeps killing him. We already started both the mission itself as well as the whole campaign anew, without success. :(

Oh well, I decided to play other games until the majority of bugs have been fixed. IF Ubi decides to fix them anytime...

ryzilla
06-08-2012, 01:11 AM
NiteChylde, my mate and i had the same problem took as like 5 hours just to do that one formation... to make it worse after that section you need to finish the level if you die you start in the container again :(

Direkin
06-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Know exactly how you feel man. Happens to me quite often or this new one that keeps happening to me is while I am shooting at someones location, they take no damage and I just suddenly die.
That's an odd one, but it happened to my friend a few times last night after I gave up on the game a switched over to Silent Hill. He kept playing... and now he needs a new controller.

MyPetWorm
06-08-2012, 08:09 AM
We can't get past the diamond formation sequence, my friend keeps dying at the same spot, some shooter from outside both our field of view keeps killing him. We already started both the mission itself as well as the whole campaign anew, without success. :(

There are 4 sequences for this part.

1-> Walking straight out of the container, then dodging sideways when you see the Chopper
2-> Defending here for a while
3-> Heading out towards the crates
4-> From behind the crates, player 1 waits 10 seconds then uses the Missile. 2-4 defend over the top of the boxes.

If you are having a problem with player 2 dying in the tiny cut-scene between 2 and 3, then its because you're not doing it well enough. After 2, you get insta-shot going into 3. So if player 2 doesn't have full health, you will auto fail here.

Otherwise, you need to learn where they spawn and one-shot them all straight away. Player 1 goes up right first while player 2 deals with front.

Not suggesting you suck, just some people haven't quite understood what it expects you to do here :D

Direkin
06-08-2012, 10:57 AM
So it was like that in the beta as well:
Ghost Recon Future Soldier BETA: Rage Inducing Lag - YouTube

I see things haven't changed much...

ryzilla
06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
So it was like that in the beta as well:
Ghost Recon Future Soldier BETA: Rage Inducing Lag - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9HLyo3o94)

I see things haven't changed much...

Love that video

vHailToTheKingv
06-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Oh Uplay, why must thou not fix servers?

silencedlight
06-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Here is what I do:

*logs onto GRFS*
*Joins MP match*
*Rages because of lag*
*Goes and plays another game*

Mines a little simpler and more based for all games:

*put game in
*start game
*see ubisoft logo
*realise what i'm in for

ryzilla
06-19-2012, 01:39 PM
The last few days have been really good for me. No laggy games at all :)

MyPetWorm
06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
The last few days have been really good for me. No laggy games at all :)

So maybe the server update fixed this issue? Hopefuly!

JTL
06-20-2012, 05:43 AM
For me, the game now is more playable and only 2/10 are laggy. In particular, I could find most people were from the same region (in Asia).

Gilian85
07-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Seems like over half of the games I play I see people lag sliding everywhere, I shoot every round into a person, they kill me, or vice versa, and lost connections.

I get it is because of the matchmaking system, but this is near unplayable.

Believe me,... This lag is nothing compared to the beta. Still they should had fix it. Just like 99999999 other known bugs.

fastNcurious
07-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Believe me,... This lag is nothing compared to the beta. Still they should had fix it. Just like 99999999 other known bugs.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, there really is no way to fix "lag." It's all a matter of everyone's internet connections which the developers have absolutely no control over. And they can't adjust for it either as MW3's stupid lag compensation has proven it doesn't work.

What I do is just back out and keep looking for a lobby until there is no noticeable lag.

McGoogles
07-05-2012, 01:40 AM
As much as I'd like to agree with you, there really is no way to fix "lag." It's all a matter of everyone's internet connections which the developers have absolutely no control over. And they can't adjust for it either as MW3's stupid lag compensation has proven it doesn't work.

What I do is just back out and keep looking for a lobby until there is no noticeable lag.

They could've decreased the amount of lag by adding a region filter so people like me (from the U.S.) don't get paired up with people from Hong Kong SAR.

Nonetheless, I hardly get into laggy matches anymore. And when I do, I simply back out and search for a new match.

Bajan Elite
07-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I am in the same position. Wonder what Ubisoft's excuse for the upassport is in this one. Usually companies claim it is for server upkeep, but no servers here.

What? Online passes or so they can make money off of used sales. I thought everyone new this by now.

fastNcurious
07-05-2012, 10:16 PM
They could've decreased the amount of lag by adding a region filter so people like me (from the U.S.) don't get paired up with people from Hong Kong SAR.

Ha. Yeah, that should be implemented. The only one great thing I can say about the game is that when you are in an Xbox Live party (not necessarily a game party), it actually tries to put you all on the same team. That's happened every single time and I am super impressed because not even Battlefield or CoD does that and it seems like such an easy thing to code.